Should nats vote SDLP or Alliance in the coming UK general election?

raetsel

Well I suppose when you would vote for one terrorist party, it wouldn't take a giant leap of faith to vote for the equivalent loyalists as they both had the same legitimacy.
Considering all your blabbering about terrorists, please explain why you are happy to remain a member of an organisation which glorifies them.

330px-Brian_Robinsob_Orange_banner.jpg

By the way, you've forgotten that Ian Paisley Jnr belongs to the DUP, which was also inextricably linked to terrorism as well during the Troubles.
Sensible people are now voting on current issues rather than the past. Sinn Fein are far from my idea of an attractive political party and if I had a realistic choice I'd much rather vote for a pro EU candidate who'd take their seat in the HoC anyway, but, failing that, keeping a pro-Brexit candidate out of it is the next best option.
Brexit is a current political problem and has nothing to do with the Troubles, which should be now be consigned to history.

death or glory

Considering all your blabbering about terrorists, please explain why you are happy to remain a member of an organisation which glorifies them.

330px-Brian_Robinsob_Orange_banner.jpg

By the way, you've forgotten that Ian Paisley Jnr belongs to the DUP, which was also inextricably linked to terrorism as well during the Troubles.
Sensible people are now voting on current issues rather than the past. Sinn Fein are far from my idea of an attractive political party and if I had a realistic choice I'd much rather vote for a pro EU candidate who'd take their seat in the HoC anyway, but, failing that, keeping a pro-Brexit candidate out of it is the next best option.
Brexit is a current political problem and has nothing to do with the Troubles, which should be now be consigned to history.
You vote for a party who is run by the IRA army council and have numerous convicted terrorists as politicians so your lectures about loyalist terrorists are falling on deaf ears.

raetsel

You vote for a party who is run by the IRA army council and have numerous convicted terrorists as politicians so your lectures about loyalist terrorists are falling on deaf ears.
I despise terrorism and I've explained why I tactically voted for SF, only once, mind, in 2017. But you have not explained why are you an enthusiastic long-term member of an organisation which glorifies loyalist terrorist murderers. Care to explain why?

raetsel

Dolores Kelly indicated the party would be willing "to consider the uncomfortable if other pro-Remain parties were prepared to do the same".

It comes after Sinn Fein called for all pro-Remain parties to "positively explore co-operation".
If this comes off it could result in unionists becoming a local minority within Westminster for the first time ever.

death or glory

If this comes off it could result in unionists becoming a local minority within Westminster for the first time ever.
Sure you could spoil your vote again and vote for the party run by IRA army council with numerous terrorists as politicians.
And them scum don't even use their votes at Westminster.
Vote to not vote.

raetsel

Sure you could spoil your vote again and vote for the party run by IRA army council with numerous terrorists as politicians.
Vote to not vote.
Answer the question: why do you belong to a cult which glorifies terrorists?

death or glory

Major hypocrisy alert.
Sf/ira voter trying to infer decent prods support terrorism.
Tom Elliott summed youse up well.

death or glory

As a Sf/ira voter, which is your favourite terrorist politician?

Newrybhoy

Vote to not vote.
Dolores must see another pension in it for her.

death or glory

Derail the thread all you want with your fake innuendoes. You belong to an organisation which openly glorifies terrorists.
Such hypocrisy, asking me about derailing a thread on voting, when I'm only asking you as a sf/ira voter which is your favourite terrorist politician.
I guess its the "lovely" bomber Anderson.

raetsel

Dolores must see another pension in it for her.
Why would you say that? She wouldn't even be in the running in either constituency.
At the start of the Troubles nationalists held only one seat at Westminster.
The prospect of nationalists now winning a majority of seats is a huge incentive, because it will further drive home a much needed message to unionists that they are a minority and must begin to accommodate the needs and feelings of others.

Se0samh

Major hypocrisy alert.

At least you aren't trying to deny your own unionist terrorist sympathies...a step in the right direction, but now you need to admit them and openly repent...a decade of sackcloth and ashes should do...isn't that the recommended amount....

Newrybhoy

Why would you say that? She wouldn't even be in the running in either constituency.
At the start of the Troubles nationalists held only one seat at Westminster.
The prospect of nationalists now winning a majority of seats is a huge incentive, because it will further drive home a much needed message to unionists that they are a minority and must begin to accommodate the needs and feelings of others.
There is not a hope Alliance will get into bed with your SF/IRA heroes. You can never take that back again and their support still comes predominantly from unionist areas.

You're attempts to claim the middle ground for republicanism are truly pathetic.

raetsel

There is not a hope Alliance will get into bed with your SF/IRA heroes. You can never take that back again and their support still comes predominantly from unionist areas.

You're attempts to claim the middle ground for republicanism are truly pathetic.
Firstly I'm not claiming anything of the sort.
But that aside, nobody is suggesting that Alliance will join an electoral pact in Belfast North, or Belfast South, and certainly not me. Nor would they even be required, certainly not in Belfast South, based upon the 2017 result. Belfast North is much tighter but is clearly winnable, particularly if SF fields John Finucane, who middle class SDLP voters can identify with a lot quicker than they could with Gerry Kelly.
Furthermore Alliance's support comes mainly from voters from nationalist backgrounds. That has been conclusively demonstrated already by analysis of PR transfers, and in opinion polling.

bang bang

Major hypocrisy alert.
The hypocrisy here is on your part dog, while lambasting all and sundry for supporting, voting for and in your words being sneaking regarders of "terrorists" you can't explain away your of an organisation which glorifies terrorists. You're on a bit of a hook here doggy, all of your own making.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies