Should Pastafarians be included in " Sustaining Progress"

mairteenpak

But organised religions who believe in Abhramic Gods/God are consulted in the sustaining progress process. What is wrong with consulting people who do not believe in the Abhramic Gods, if it is fitting to include CORI?

Corcaigh33

I get that mairteenpak doesn't believe in the existence of God - I do not need a myriad of threads to be reminded of it every day.
But then as I pointed out the other day, the level of trolling and wind up merchants is on the increase and no one from the modding team seems
to want to do anything about it.

mairteenpak

This thread is about the clear and obvious discrimination by our government against people who do not believe in Abhramic Gods, as people who do are consulted at length through their Faith Leaders, regarding the direction of Government policy while those who do not have such belief / superstition are not consulted in the same terms.

It seems to trouble some people on this site that people who do not share their religion object to being excluded from consultations that Faith Groups are included in.

Corcaigh33

mairteenpak said:
This thread is about the clear and obvious discrimination by our government against people who do not believe in Abhramic Gods, as people who do are consulted at length through their Faith Leaders, regarding the direction of Government policy while those who do not have such belief / superstition are not consulted in the same terms.

It seems to trouble some people on this site that people who do not share their religion object to being excluded from consultations that Faith Groups are included in.
I have respect for your atheism - you have no respect for my faith...........therein lies the difference. I do not launch a thread every day about atheists being out of step with the overwhelming global population because I have respect for the fact that you have your belief i.e. that there is no God. Please, please accept that the other 90-95% of the population thinks otherwise and as such believe it appropriate for CORI to be involved in the sustaining partnership talks.

Incidentally, Dawkins arguments are in places tenuous. I believe in evolution and plate tectonics, it doesn't stop me believing in God.

hopi watcher

mairteenpak said:
Why is it ridiculous?

Is the Sustaining Progress process not worth while?

Why consult one group with a faith position and exclude another?
CORI are a monitoring body and publish reports on inequity and poverty. They have been somewhat of thorn in the side of this present neo-con orientated government. Their precence at the talks is in recognition of their expertise in this field. There is no religious input whatever.

Tmesis

Perhaps instead of calling the proposal ridiculous (it is obviously meant to be ridiculous) perhaps someone could explain to Pauriceen what qualifies a group to be included in "Sustaning Progress"?

myk

Tmesis said:
Perhaps instead of calling the proposal ridiculous (it is obviously meant to be ridiculous) perhaps someone could explain to Pauriceen what qualifies a group to be included in "Sustaning Progress"?
i don't think he is interested in finding out, he just wants to score points, which is why he starts childish threads like this eveyday. in fact i think he started a thread exactly like this under his previous username pauriceenjack

mairteenpak

I am not objecting to CORI being consulted. My issue is why non faith groups are not consulted.

There are certain rights that we all have that do not depend on the size of the proportion of people who hold them

This link will tell you what CORI do http://www.cori.ie/

myk

mairteenpak said:
I am not objecting to CORI being consulted. My issue is why non faith groups are not consulted.

There are certain rights that we all have that do not depend on the size of the proportion of people who hold them

This link will tell you what CORI do http://www.cori.ie/
non-faith groups are consulted, the vast majority of the groups are non-faith groups!

mairteenpak

The vast majority of the other groups are economic entities.

I am suggesting that a no faith group be consulted in the same terms as a faith group.

myk

mairteenpak said:

I am suggesting that a no faith group be consulted in the same terms as a faith group.

have a particular group in mind?
i mean one with policies issues which are being discussed in Sustaining Progress.
and if so has this group sought to be consulted?

hopi watcher

mairteenpak said:

Once again, they are not part of the process because of their faith, they are there because they are monitors of poverty and publish extensively on how poverty can be dealt with. They have built up a very impressive reputation internationally on the subject and have a very important contribution to make at this forum. I'm sure you don't mind the 'have-nots' being heard.

imokyrok

mairteenpak said:

Perhaps you could suggest to The Irish Skeptics Society or The Humanist Association of Ireland that they request representation. I doubt they would be refused in all fairness.

mairteenpak

Would you have any objection to the Humanist Assocation of Ireland being consulted?

hopi watcher

mairteenpak said:
Would you have any objection to the Humanist Assocation of Ireland being consulted?
What input would bring.

imokyrok

hopi watcher said:
mairteenpak said:
What input would bring.
Experience in rational discourse for a start.

hopi watcher

imokyrok said:
hopi watcher said:
mairteenpak said:
What input would bring.
You do know what the forum is about, don't you? It's about how we divvy out the spoils.

myk

imokyrok said:
hopi watcher said:
mairteenpak said:
What input would bring.
you think there is no rational discourse at Sustaining Progress? you think the other members don't have such experience?

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom