Should The Leinster House's Prince Albert Be Kept There?

General Urko

Lads, I have searched and can find no thread on this, Surprisingly, because I thought loads of you would be hopping like gibbons over it!:rolleyes:

Please merge if there is one!

There is a petition before the relevant Dail Body to take down The Statue Of Prince Albert which is behind a tree in Leinster House.
Mannix Flynn wants it removed to Collins' Barracks, Councillor Dermo suggests we have more important things to worry about.
I support Mannix although Albert's wife, Queen Victoria, gave a coupla pound for famine relief!

Calls for Prince Albert statue to be removed from grounds of Leinster House

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/removal-of-prince-albert-statue-from-leinster-house-grounds-to-be-considered-1.3382737

https://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/calls-for-statue-of-queen-victorias-husband-prince-albert-to-be-removed-from-irish-parliament-149476

May be we could replace it with one of Frau Merkel's Husband!

A twitter poll is 60% in favour of keeping it, so British Embassy Personnel must be busy this morning!:roll:

Are there any reminders except a few adult children of the British post war occupation left in Germany today?

Lagertha

I think they should leave it where it is. How many people even noticed it before now? Lets not bring this nonsense of pulling down statues and trying to rewrite history to Ireland.

General Urko

For me the big thing against taking it down is the cost, it would cost a small fortune which we could instead direct to our royalty, our public servants, in some kind of made up bonus!:mad:

General Urko

Didnt know they had genital piercing on Leinster House.. the kinky gits!!
@ least one fellow P.iester got the reference!petunia
BTW Leo W. it seems wants to keep it!

Old Mr Grouser

Would it not be better, and earn Ireland some goodwill. if a home could be found for it in England.

There must be plenty of English towns that would be glad of it.

General Urko

Would it not be better, and earn Ireland some goodwill. if a home could be found for it in England.

There must be plenty of English towns that would be glad of it.
I wonder are there many there dedickated to the Kraut?

fergal1790

For me the big thing against taking it down is the cost, it would cost a small fortune which we could instead direct to our royalty, our public servants, in some kind of made up bonus!:mad:
All they need is a lad with a mini-digger and lorry to take away the scrap.

Levellers

Put it in a museum. We don't need vestiges of our imperial neighbours cluttering up the place when we need statues of Nurse Farrell or Winifred Carney to honour.

General Urko

I see ladz yere starting to hop now!petunia

gijoe

Lads, I have searched and can find no thread on this, Surprisingly, because I thought loads of you would be hopping like gibbons over it!:rolleyes:

Please merge if there is one!

There is a petition before the relevant Dail Body to take down The Statue Of Prince Albert which is behind a tree in Leinster House.
Mannix Flynn wants it removed to Collins' Barracks, Councillor Dermo suggests we have more important things to worry about.
I support Mannix although Albert's wife, Queen Victoria, gave a coupla pound for famine relief!

Calls for Prince Albert statue to be removed from grounds of Leinster House

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/removal-of-prince-albert-statue-from-leinster-house-grounds-to-be-considered-1.3382737

https://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/calls-for-statue-of-queen-victorias-husband-prince-albert-to-be-removed-from-irish-parliament-149476

May be we could replace it with one of Frau Merkel's Husband!

A twitter poll is 60% in favour of keeping it, so British Embassy Personnel must be busy this morning!:roll:

Are there any reminders except a few adult children of the British post war occupation left in Germany today?
Maybe we could replace it one to CJH or Bertie or one of their successors.........only to have to take it down after a Tribunal in a couple of decades..........

General Urko

Maybe we could replace it one to CJH or Bertie or one of their successors.........only to have to take it down after a Tribunal in a couple of decades..........
I think they have already been to tribunals!

General Urko

How about replacing it with Ray Burke or the father of The Dail, Seamus Patterson!

Or Mickey Higgins, at least, it wouldn't cost much as it would be a small un!

General Urko

Or ex president Robbo instead of the €5 Million interpretive centre!

General Urko

Where's our good friend Councillor Dermo?

Man or Mouse

The Brexiteers and Trumpsters among us would no doubt have us consult Andrew Graham Dixon as to what to do with it next, if anything.

New Threads

Most Replies