Should Twitter cancel Donald Trump's account?

cashinhand

Twitter gained a bump in subscribers with Donald Trump's ascendancy to power; but its revenue is down.

Are advertisers becoming wary of the Trump connection, and the platform's inability to limit trolling, bullying etc.?

Will Twitter come under pressure to cancel Trump's account?

Twitter is providing a free mouthpiece for a narcissistic nuclear-bomb-wielding nincompoop.

I think its subscriber base and its revenue would both get a bounce (and a juicy buyout offer) from such a courageous initiative.

D

Deleted member 48908

Ratings/views are a metric for advertisers.

Apart from selling its users' data, that is how Twitter generates revenue.

Dumping the guy that generates a lot of traffic probably isn't in their best interest.

Spanner Island

Nope.

It's valuable to allow the truly stupid and reckless to express their stupidity and recklessness as publicly as possible as often as possible.

And while America may still be obsessed with the tedium that is the Trump Presidency... a lot of the world is increasingly ignoring him and getting on with life and stuff...

razorblade

I dont see why they should, Trump has just a much right to be on Twitter as much as anyone else.

Sync

Twitter are hanging on by a string. They're not dumping anyone.

PBP voter

Twitter gained a bump in subscribers with Donald Trump's ascendancy to power; but its revenue is down.

Are advertisers becoming wary of the Trump connection, and the platform's inability to limit trolling, bullying etc.?

Will Twitter come under pressure to cancel Trump's account?

Twitter is providing a free mouthpiece for a narcissistic nuclear-bomb-wielding nincompoop.

I think its subscriber base and its revenue would both get a bounce (and a juicy buyout offer) from such a courageous initiative.
Best Idea I've seen on this site in a long time.

firefly123

nah. it's too useful for gathering written evidence on the Muppet

Niall996

Yeah, let's just kill free speech altogether and put all transmission of opinion and news solely into the hands of two or three media owners.

HenryHorace

Excellent to see snowflakes getting all beat up about Trump using free speech to inform the public instead of the like of CNN and the BBC who twist everything. Fake news is on the ropes. Thank you president Trump.

Dame_Enda

Im a follower but I want him to stay on message and stop the distractions that end up distracting from it. In particular have a lawyer present in the room before he tweets.

Mercurial

Yeah, let's just kill free speech altogether and put all transmission of opinion and news solely into the hands of two or three media owners.
....By kicking the billionaire President of the United States off Twitter...

Odyessus

Ratings/views are a metric for advertisers.

Apart from selling its users' data, that is how Twitter generates revenue.

Dumping the guy that generates a lot of traffic probably isn't in their best interest.

Correct. They'd happily host tweets from Kim Jong-un for the extra traffic. His politics wouldn't come into it.

Spanner Island

Im a follower but I want him to stay on message and stop the distractions that end up distracting from it. In particular have a lawyer present in the room before he tweets.
I think we're all more than aware that you're a fan of Donald at this stage... :roll:

Hewson

Excellent to see snowflakes getting all beat up about Trump using free speech to inform the public instead of the like of CNN and the BBC who twist everything. Fake news is on the ropes. Thank you president Trump.
Suspending Trump's twitter account would be a retrograde step and won't even be contemplated by Twitter anyway.

Trump has the impetuousness of your average badly-reared five-year-old and it's in everybody's interest, particularly those of us who want him taken down, to allow him the freedom to continue making a braying jackass of himself tnrough the only medium he knows how to use. Small words, and very few of them, written in CAPITAL LETTERS, followed by a few exclamation marks is how Trump's presidency is defined.

The only people who want Trump to stop tweeting are his closest advisors - and we can see how effective they are.

The rest of us enjoy watching the White House equivalent of Sesame Street while we wait for Mueller to finish making the gallows.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies