• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Should we demand examples of failure from politicians ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I was reading Tim Harford's excellent book Adapt a while back in which he encourages evolutionary, experimental approaches by leaders, which of course will necessitate some partial and outright failure.

Think about it...what good complex idea was ever born fully fledged (I urge you to read his book if you need convincing)? We need to tolerate some level of failure if we expect risk to be taken in order to break new ground.

So should we expect that our politicians , say at year end, produce compelling examples of failure in order to prove that they really tried and took risks ?

cYp

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Jeez it would be a laugh....not one gombeen would turn up.

D

Dylan2010

they do that every year, convention centre, bank bailout, benchmarking, decentralisation......

Spanner Island

They've been presenting nothing other than examples of failure in recent years with the budget being the manifestation and proof of just how crap they all are.

Other than that I'd have no problem with vision, innovation and a bit of risk as long as it isn't self serving or completely stupid. And I'd accept a level of limited failure of radical ideas that didn't work out...

God knows it would be preferable to the jaded, safe, blinkered, myopic, business as usual boll*cks that goes on year in year out - at the end of which we get nothing but screwed by the useless f***ers while they blatantly protect themselves and their cronies from making a fair and proportionate contribution...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies