Should we leave the EU and cooperate with the UK in a non-EU venture?

shiel

The following was a contribution from Luke Ming Flanagan on another thread.

This Parliament, this EU, is now beyond parody. We all need to do what the UK has just voted to do; we need to get out.

Is he right?

HarshBuzz

Ah yeah, Ming.

The lad who got elected to Brussels and promptly never bothered turning up?

No.

ger12

Nah. I'd rather stay in. Maybe a P.ie poll is in order?

ger12

D

Deleted member 45466

Zoo.

Mods, any chance of putting a moratorium on tiresome brexit threads, and banning shiel for being a tedious pain in the hoop?

Thx

CME

saab900

This Parliament, this EU, is now beyond parody. We all need to do what the UK has just voted to do; we need to get out.

Is he right?

Plan Ming

o Farmers can sell farms and buy fishing boats. Special buses will be provided to transfer farmers from midlands to Atlantic sea ports.

o Workers in Dublin IT industry can foot turf in Roscommon and East Galway.

o International Data Centres can be converted in aquaponics farms and micro-breweries

o Big Pharma workers can transfer to re-vamped state-run Waterford Crystal factory

Sorted.

HarshBuzz

D

Deleted member 34656

No.

An alternative, set up or seemingly led by UK, would send all the wrong signals.

Ireland could probably do a great job leading the set up of an alternative as we are not perceived as threatening and are wedged between the EU and the US so see the issues clearer than most.

But it would need to accommodate the needs of all current EU members.

Not just the UK.

Dame_Enda

The task now is to bide our time. Let's see if the shock of Brexit finally gets the EU to halt illegal immigration

It's becoming clear that disentangling from the EU is like trying to untie a Gordian knot. I hoped for Brexit for various reasons including warning the Euro elites to back off with trying to get rid of countries.

Last edited:

Hunter-Gatherer

the 26 counties can tag along if they so desire. But its a bit like a tiny suckerfish tagging along to a whale.

ger12

Zoo.

Mods, any chance of putting a moratorium on tiresome brexit threads, and banning shiel for being a tedious pain in the hoop?

Thx

CME
Just ignore them if it bothers you sooooo much.

ger12

Vega1447

Is he right?

I know. We could call the f'cking "venture" the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
Over my dead bleeding body.

Hunter-Gatherer

The task now is to bide our time. Let's see if the shock of Brexit finally gets the EU to halt illegal immigration

It's becoming clear that disentangling from the EU is like trying to untie a Gordian knot. I hoped for Brexit for various reasons including warning the Euro elites to back off with trying to get rid of countries.
The EU now has a nice choice. Let all the immigrants in, or let all the other countries Exit.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I think that you'll find that it's LEGAL immigration which some Brexiters had issues with.

But you know that

HarshBuzz

There's facts and context. Hence the fairness or lack of it.
If he can't do the job, he could resign. Like the British EU Commissioner did.

Far easier to keep collecting fat salary and expenses for not doing the job he was elected to do. I can't believe you're defending this charlatan.

ger12

If he can't do the job, he could resign. Like the British EU Commissioner did.

Far easier to keep collecting fat salary and expenses for not doing the job he was elected to do. I can't believe you're defending this charlatan.
He was elected, if his constituents are unhappy they'll unelect him. Don't be such a bully boy.

Now, anyone see Nigel make quite a fool of himself in the European Parliament today? Priceless.

New Threads

Most Replies