Should Women be allowed in the Garda, the fire brigade and the Defence Forces?

Politics matters

In principle I believe they should. But for the most women shouldn't, unless they can prove that they're just as physically capable of men. In most instances females are usually weaker than men. I understand these facts may offend feminists, but you can't argue with biology. For the most part men are taller and physically stronger than women.

The Defence Forces, the Gardai and the Fire-brigade themselves recognize that men and women are not equal. For instance to join the Defence Forces a male candidate is required to run 2.4 km in 11 mins and 40 seconds. While female candidates have the same distance to complete but are given 13 mins and 10 seconds. Candidates are also required to do two types of push ups under a specific time correctly, women are allowed to do modified (easier) push-ups, men are not afforded such special treatment. So here we have the defence forces implicitly admitting that women are not strong as men and yet they permit them to join nonetheless.

Defence Forces Fitness Tests | Fitness Testing Centre | Careers | Defence Forces

Is it wise that we allow weaklings to join our front-line emergency services just because we want to achieve gender quotas in all fields of work? We're talking about life and death here after all. Is it right that members of the public are being protected by women who stand and 5ft 8 and weigh a puny eight stone? What about male Gardai who are forced to work alongside some of these women. Its hard to believe that these men would feel comfortable relying upon an average sized woman to protect them when $hit hits the fan.

I'm not opposed to women joining the above institutions, but what I am against is the special treatment they're given during the recruitment process. If women want to join the Garda, the Army or the Fire brigade fine, but they shouldn't be treated any differently to men. If my policies were introduced most women would be kicked out, because its evident that most of them serving aren't up to it.

Does anyone disagree with what I've just said?

Last edited:

Mercurial

In principle I believe they should. But for the most women shouldn't, unless they can prove that they're just as physically capable of men. In most instances females are usually weaker than men. I understand these facts may offend feminists, but you can't argue with biology. For the most part men are taller and physically stronger than women.

The Defence Forces, the Gardai and the Fire-brigade themselves recognize that men and women are not equal. For instance to join the Defence Forces a male candidate is required to run 2.4 km in 11 mins and 40 seconds. While female candidates have the same distance to complete but are given 13 mins and 10 seconds. Candidates are also required to do two push ups correctly, women are allowed to do modified (easier) push-ups, men are not afforded such special treatment. So here we have the defence forces implicitly admitting that women are not strong as men and yet they permit them to join nonetheless.

Defence Forces Fitness Tests | Fitness Testing Centre | Careers | Defence Forces

Is it wise that we allow weaklings to join our front-line emergency services just because we want to achieve gender quotas in all fields of work? We're talking about life and death here after all. Is it right that members of the public are being protected by women who stand and 5ft 8 and weigh a puny eight stone? What about male Gardai who are forced to work alongside some of these women. Its hard to believe that these men would feel comfortable relying upon an average sized woman to protect them when $hit hits the fan.

I'm not opposed to women joining the above institutions, but what I am against is the special treatment they're given during the recruitment process. If women want to join the Garda, the Army or the Fire brigade fine, but they shouldn't be treated any differently to men. If my policies were introduced most women would be kicked out, because its evident that most of them serving aren't up to it.

Men of Asian and South American descent are shorter, on average, than men of European descent. Do you think we shouldn't allow men of Asian and South American descent to join the Gardaí, defence forces, etc.?

GDPR

Men of Asian and South American descent are shorter, on average, than men of European descent. Do you think we shouldn't allow men of Asian and South American descent to join the Gardaí, defence forces, etc.?
You bet he does. petunia

milipod

The Defence Forces, the Gardai and the Fire-brigade themselves recognize that men and women are not equal. For instance to join the Defence Forces a male candidate is required to run 2.4 km in 11 mins and 40 seconds. While female candidates have the same distance to complete but are given 13 mins and 10 seconds. Candidates are also required to do two push ups correctly, women are allowed to do modified (easier) push-ups, men are not afforded such special treatment. So here we have the defence forces implicitly admitting that women are not strong as men and yet they permit them to join nonetheless.

Another fúckin borefest.

silverharp

thats a dumb response

Politics matters

If they can't meet the specified criteria, such as being able to pass the strength and endurance test, than no they shouldn't. If they can, of course they should be allowed join.

mr. jings

Mods please change thread title to 'Do people with mickeys have mickeys?'

silverharp

they should unwind any dumbing down of entry requirements and let through who passes them. there are clearly ban gardai for example who are just to weak to be dealing with public order stuff. Any half drunk yobo would toss them around like a chew toy, which means they would put their partner at risk too. You hear about gardai being attacked on patrol and part of the reason is that they just arent intimidating looking anymore

Mercurial

If they can't meet the specified criteria, such as being able to pass the strength and endurance test, than no they shouldn't. If they can, of course they should be allowed join.
Plenty of women meet the specified criteria for women, so what's your beef?

Politics matters

There should only be one criteria.

Men and women should be treated equally. I thought you were a feminist, who supports equal rights for women. Here we have a policy which treats women differently to men.

storybud1

Another fúckin borefest.
beats the other side, sure if it gets on the t1ts of the liberal fookwits it ain't all bad,

As mcEnroe said, the Williams sisters wouldn't break into the top 700 in the mens game but get the exact same prize money ? now apply that to physically demanding jobs such as firemen etc,, a competition and there would be zero women in the service, just shows them pesky facts that are not highlighted, fake news ,,

I am just p1ssed as a friend went for a job in an educational institution and was told he would not be hired as they wanted a woman to fill the post, the liberal fookwits are simply knuckle dragging morons that need to be exposed,

a meritocracy is always best, anything else is a fudge, a con , stealing from those better at the job,,

razorblade

If they can pass a certain criteria then why not although it should be the same across the board otherwise you are just lowering standards and putting the public at great risk.

razorblade

It should be universal criteria for both women and men if you cant pass that criteria than you're clearly not capable of doing the job and hence have no business to have that job peoples lives depend on it afterall.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies