• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Simon Community and Housing.

buttercookie

I heard a segment on RTE radio this morning about the Simon community asking wealthy people to buy houses to lease back to Simon to house some homeless people, these people are among those most difficult to house.

Of course the interviewer didnt ask about the close neighbours some who will be hard at work paying for a mortgage. If they are living in a property worth 250,000 or less then vacant houses near them may be targetted for purchase under the new proposal.

The wealthy donating a few bob to this scheme will continue to leave in their gated houses leaving them in top of the range cars to drop their children to exclusive private schools.

Why do the lower paid workers bother their backsides, they have no control over who lands beside them and no one will give a hoot if anti social neighbours are lodged next door.

Its all wrong on every level.

I thought Simon was about providing soup and sandwiches to the homeless, when did they become a housing provider. Im not donating one cent to them again.

Lagertha

Seems to be a bit of a trend. Remember that African woman who murdered her house mate in Foxrock? She was an asylum seeker from a prominent African journalist family and somebody bought that house for her and her buddies. The place was a doss house and party central. She got away with murder by the way, claims to be nuts. That house wiped the value from the other properties in the cul de sac and nobody gave a monkeys.

Margaret Cash got her nice big 4 bed house in the area she wanted, all she had to do was stage a photo shoot of her kids in a Garda station and eventually she got what she wanted. These people know how to game the system, hell, her mother even made sure that all the money she left her in her will won't be inherited until the kids are of an age where the money won't affect Margarets benefit entitlement. There was a time when most people could only dream of owning their own homes, now the workshy hold out demanding those who go out to work provide homes for them via their taxes.

Lagertha

This country is gone to the dogs.
Yep, working couples are putting off having kids because they can't afford them because of the extortionate rents they're paying while their taxes go to pay for the ''forever'' homes and benefit payments of the native and migrant scum who will never go and do an honest days work and who push out child after child after child. Sick sad world.

buttercookie

Its soul destroying. You have young people working ten hour days and paying up to nine hundred euros for a room in a shared house and there is no tax relief on this money. They at the same time are struggling to save money so they can show a good savings record to the bank when they can afford to buy in maybe ten years. They buy a house and then next thing council move refuges,migrants or whatever you want to call them yourself next door or else some anti social Irish family with seven feral kids next door.

These young bright working people would be better off getting the hell out of here but then who is going to work to pay for the leeches desires and wants.

Lagertha

Its soul destroying. You have young people working ten hour days and paying up to nine hundred euros for a room in a shared house and there is no tax relief on this money. They at the same time are struggling to save money so they can show a good savings record to the bank when they can afford to buy in maybe ten years. They buy a house and then next thing council move refuges,migrants or whatever you want to call them yourself next door or else some anti social Irish family with seven feral kids next door.

These young bright working people would be better off getting the hell out of here but then who is going to work to pay for the leeches desires and wants.

Lagertha

Yep. There's a large property in my neighbourhood that the Council bought for asylum seekers/migrants from some African country, probably Nigeria. It's always obvious when the council buy a property because you have several different contractors working on the property at the same time. The house was insulated, fully furnished even had nice big expensive steel gates put on it. That's the second house in my neighourhood that the council have bought for asylum seekers, the last one was for Syrians.

There were multiple properties bought for the Syrians in the town but most of them have moved out of town to a nearby town to better bigger houses where they can form their own community. They even have taxis paid for to take them to Ennis every Friday to some mosque. For every property that the council takes off the council it makes owning a home that bit less likely for first time buyers.

It also pushes up the price of houses. There are lots of empty apartment buildings in the town but it's not into them that these migrants are going and they are migrants not asylum seekers, mostly. While the average local person pays in excess of 900+ euro a month for a 2 bed apartment, a damned sight more than they'd pay on a mortgage for a house.

Herr Rommel

Thankfully we are now building well outside the city and thinking long term.

Lagertha

Thankfully we are now building well outside the city and thinking long term.
I feel very strongly that inner city properties shouldn't be used as Social housing for the unemployed. By that I mean that we have essential workers like Doctors, Nurses and Emergency Service personnel having to make long commutes to work because they can't even live in the county in Dublin let alone in the city, yet we have people, often from generations of family, who have never worked a day in their lives and never will.

There are rural town dying because there aren't enough pupils to go to local schools and people are moving to find work but the workshy who don't need to live near work are in prime locations. Clear them out to rural Ireland and leave the cities to people who work for a living and pay for the parasites who won't work. It would help to eliminate gang culture, anti social behaviour and drug problems because you're separating these people from notorious areas.

Ruff says Flaherty

I feel very strongly that inner city properties shouldn't be used as Social housing for the unemployed. By that I mean that we have essential workers like Doctors, Nurses and Emergency Service personnel having to make long commutes to work because they can't even live in the county in Dublin let alone in the city, yet we have people, often from generations of family, who have never worked a day in their lives and never will.

There are rural town dying because there aren't enough pupils to go to local schools and people are moving to find work but the workshy who don't need to live near work are in prime locations. Clear them out to rural Ireland and leave the cities to people who work for a living and pay for the parasites who won't work. It would help to eliminate gang culture, anti social behaviour and drug problems because you're separating these people from notorious areas.
I agree with your post up to this line. I agree with the idea too, but how do you think it would be for rural Ireland landing this crew in? Do you care?

Lagertha

I agree with your post up to this line. I agree with the idea too, but how do you think it would be for rural Ireland landing this crew in? Do you care?
I do care. I also would like to see rural towns survive because with local schools closing due to a lack of pupils, local businesses closing because young people are leaving the town due to a lack of work etc the rural towns and rural life will die. A big part of the problem with anti social behaviour is that the rules of the tenancy agreements whether it's with a private landlord, the Council or some Housing Association, aren't really enforced.

A landlord with a nightmare tenant could face a wait of a few years to get to a PRTB hearing to evict a tenant if it's disputed, in the meantime the tenant can destroy the place knowing they won't have to pay a penny for the damage and if they have kids the Council will be forced to house them. There should be a 2 strike system, cause anti social behavioural problems in the property twice and you lose the right to be housed.

Your kids will be taken into care if you can't afford to house them yourself. This nonsense of healthy people staying on the dole and living in free or subsidised housing needs to stop. There should be a time limit as to how long a person is allowed to claim benefits. I don't care if they have to go and sit starting at a wall for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, just as long as they aren't able to sit on their backsides and get paid for it. Getting kids out of urban troubled areas and into a more rural area might open up other more productive avenues for them and schools with smaller class sizes might help with their education.

Uganda

I heard a segment on RTE radio this morning about the Simon community asking wealthy people to buy houses to lease back to Simon to house some homeless people, these people are among those most difficult to house.

Of course the interviewer didnt ask about the close neighbours some who will be hard at work paying for a mortgage. If they are living in a property worth 250,000 or less then vacant houses near them may be targetted for purchase under the new proposal.

The wealthy donating a few bob to this scheme will continue to leave in their gated houses leaving them in top of the range cars to drop their children to exclusive private schools.

Why do the lower paid workers bother their backsides, they have no control over who lands beside them and no one will give a hoot if anti social neighbours are lodged next door.

Its all wrong on every level.

I thought Simon was about providing soup and sandwiches to the homeless, when did they become a housing provider. Im not donating one cent to them again.
Ah, now, you don't seriously expect RTE to ask a searching question about any social issues?

They sing from the song book all the time.

McTell

Twitter
No
//

I go along with this. Commuters emit CO2 in vast clouds as they pass the flats of people with their feet up all day. And then pass back later on.

That this isn't factored in any plan, and as more building is going on in docklands by the day, all tells me that the powers that be don't really believe in all that hokum about "climate change". Why would they? It's just another excuse for more taxes, and so it has to be sold with the usual supporting cast.

Lagertha

I go along with this. Commuters emit CO2 in vast clouds as they pass the flats of people with their feet up all day. And then pass back later on.

That this isn't factored in any plan, and as more building is going on in docklands by the day, all tells me that the powers that be don't really believe in all that hokum about "climate change". Why would they? It's just another excuse for more taxes, and so it has to be sold with the usual supporting cast.
To top it off we've got people trying to start building glorified bedsits for young people working in Dublin city, something like 16 sq ft of room including the toilet, not sure if there's even a shower in that or if you have to share a shower as well as a shared kitchen for a couple of hundred other people living in the building, but Anto and Jacinta and Ahmed and Fatima live it up in a 3/4 bed houses in the suburbs paying maybe 30 euro a week in rent while people are struggling to pay in excess of 1K a month for a one bed apartment.

Ruff says Flaherty

I do care. I also would like to see rural towns survive because with local schools closing due to a lack of pupils, local businesses closing because young people are leaving the town due to a lack of work etc the rural towns and rural life will die. A big part of the problem with anti social behaviour is that the rules of the tenancy agreements whether it's with a private landlord, the Council or some Housing Association, aren't really enforced.

A landlord with a nightmare tenant could face a wait of a few years to get to a PRTB hearing to evict a tenant if it's disputed, in the meantime the tenant can destroy the place knowing they won't have to pay a penny for the damage and if they have kids the Council will be forced to house them. There should be a 2 strike system, cause anti social behavioural problems in the property twice and you lose the right to be housed.

Your kids will be taken into care if you can't afford to house them yourself. This nonsense of healthy people staying on the dole and living in free or subsidised housing needs to stop. There should be a time limit as to how long a person is allowed to claim benefits. I don't care if they have to go and sit starting at a wall for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, just as long as they aren't able to sit on their backsides and get paid for it. Getting kids out of urban troubled areas and into a more rural area might open up other more productive avenues for them and schools with smaller class sizes might help with their education.
I agree with you, but as it currently isn't being enforced properly all that it means will happen is you move people from the city to the country and you just move the anti-social behavior and possibly make it even worse. I saw this first hand when families were moved out of Limerick city. Small rural towns are not able for the crime these people bring with them.

Ya, social welfare should be cut after 3 years and then cut more every year up to a max of 50%.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies