Simon Harris Freedom of Speech Abortion ? Ultimate Spinner !

storybud1

Facts are best, Harris is factually calling for the image behind his to be a reality, then the Spinning starts ,

He then uses the usual spinners claim to reach the moral high ground as expected , how "his" family" and the women in Ireland having abortions are affected, the usual spin to deflect from the reality he wants,

Simon, you want this to be a reality, you want the people of Ireland to vote for this, pictures tell a thousand words spinners could not possibly hope to get into an interview and you know it, why on earth do you think we are stupid and cannot see that the poster is factually correct ?

Freedom of speech has been factually displayed in a true form and you call these images "disgusting" ? well fook you if you don't like what you are selling to the rest of us ? the posters are being removed as they do not have the printers ID on them so break bye-laws, but the message is clear, Facts about abortion showing abortions is what spinners cannot stop and it certainly shows why Harris and Leo etc may be getting a little worried about their own seats,

This , by the way is what Simon Harris and Leo Varadker and Mary Lou and Michael Martin and who ever the leader of the Labour Party and Green party is ( like they matter) , stand for,,,

I hope they will be remembered in the next GE,

Hitchcock

Facts are best, Harris is factually calling for the image behind his to be a reality, then the Spinning starts ,

He then uses the usual spinners claim to reach the moral high ground as expected , how "his" family" and the women in Ireland having abortions are affected, the usual spin to deflect from the reality he wants,

Simon, you want this to be a reality, you want the people of Ireland to vote for this, pictures tell a thousand words spinners could not possibly hope to get into an interview and you know it, why on earth do you think we are stupid and cannot see that the poster is factually correct ?

Freedom of speech has been factually displayed in a true form and you call these images "disgusting" ? well fook you if you don't like what you are selling to the rest of us ? the posters are being removed as they do not have the printers ID on them so break bye-laws, but the message is clear, Facts about abortion showing abortions is what spinners cannot stop and it certainly shows why Harris and Leo etc may be getting a little worried about their own seats,

This , by the way is what Simon Harris and Leo Varadker and Mary Lou and Michael Martin and who ever the leader of the Labour Party and Green party is ( like they matter) , stand for,,,

Anti choice, anti woman poster acknowledges the No side have lost the referendum so moves on to the GE :lol:

Maranatha

Anti choice, anti woman poster acknowledges the No side have lost the referendum so moves on to the GE :lol:
So you can lol at this post?? What a nasty little person you are. Your comment is twisted from start to finish. Abortion is anti-woman and obviously anti-baby! Murder (the deliberate ending of someone else's life) is not a valid choice no more that shooting someone in the head is (unless it's a case of self defence).

Fats_Portnoy

I totally oppose this carry on. Confront Harris with the facts of what he is proposing.

mr_anderson

I really don't know why people do this.
It's only counterproductive.

The battle ground is not between the YES or NO voters, it's the undecideds and floating voters.

The problem with that poster is that it looks like nothing more than petty, vindictive behaviour.
It's personalising an issue that goes way beyond any individual.
Undecideds or floating voters can easily imagine their face on that poster for having the audacity to hold an opinion contrary to the NO campaign.

And as Hillary Clinton found out with her ''deplorables'' comment, it's never a good strategy to deride those you need to persuade.

Last edited:

Spanner Island

Hmmm.... I'm thinking given the increasingly hysterical 'No' side reaction to practically everything that they're not that confident...

Or at least that's how it's coming across... increasingly desperate measures...

Fats_Portnoy

Hmmm.... I'm thinking given the increasingly hysterical 'No' side reaction to practically everything that they're not that confident...

These guys don't represent the No side and all mainstream No groups have condemned them.

flavirostris

Guy wrote to his constituents in 2011 assuring them of his solid pro-life credentials.

Now he's basically Doctor Death.

Not to be trusted. And he impressed me when he entered the Dail with his energy and motormouth debating skills.

D

Deleted member 45466

I really don't know why people do this.
It's only counterproductive.

The battle ground is not between the YES or NO voters, it's the undecideds and floating voters.

The problem with that poster is that it looks like nothing more than childish behaviour.
It's personalising an issue that goes way beyond any individual.
Undecideds or floating voters can easily imagine their face on that poster for having the audacity to hold an opinion contrary to the NO campaign.

And as Hillary Clinton found out with her ''deplorables'' comment, it's never a good strategy to deride those you need to persuade.
I'd disagree with that. It was Harris and the current government that backed the CAs recommendations, and they've had a lot of input in creating the proposed legislation; furthermore they've backed the repeal campaign (after reneging on their pro-life credentials), so I'm not surprised he's getting this kind of treatment. He's managed to annoy a lot of people who voted for him based on his pro-life ethos. That doesn't make this right, but he'll be remembered as the man who introduced abortion on demand to the country.

It doesn't do the No side any favours, but they've publicly criticised it and distanced themselves from this kind of postering.

The "Yes" side of course are going to use it to beat up the No side "liars", "cheats", "anti-democracy" etc. etc.

It's all getting a bit tiresome. Roll on May 25 and get this thing over with.

D

Deleted member 45466

I think the reaction to google's strange decision to ban adverts 2 weeks prior to the referendum is warranted.

Hysterical? Don't think so.

Spanner Island

I think the reaction to google's strange decision to ban adverts 2 weeks prior to the referendum is warranted.

Why?

It's not as if either they or Facebook are only targeting one side...

Far too long a campaign this... beyond tedious and anyone who hasn't seen copious adverts for both sides at this stage either lives under a rock or isn't going to vote anyway...

D

Deleted member 45466

Why?

It's not as if either they or Facebook are only targeting one side...

Far too long a campaign this... beyond tedious and anyone who hasn't seen copious adverts for both sides at this stage either lives under a rock or isn't going to vote anyway...
If google had any genuine concerns about "election integrity", they would have banned advertising on this issue months ago.

The polls released last weekend indicate that the gap between yay and nay is closing. On ref day, it may even be as tight as a gnat's chuff.

So it's quite strange that they'd suddenly pulled the plug. I think this will had a negative impact on No, as they were doing sterling work on the cyber front.

It has all gotten very tedious. It'll be over soon!

mr_anderson

Did google ban all adverts or did they just ban those where the advertiser can't prove they are resident in Ireland ?

'orebel

Did google ban all adverts or did they just ban those where the advertiser can't prove they are resident in Ireland ?
All referendum adverts, I think.

Facebook is just the ones you mention above atm.

the secretary

Harris is a snake that is only interested in his own career.
He is doing his best to kiss Leo's ass now over the repeal referendum due to him backing the wrong horse during the blueshirt leadership contest.

KEYHOLE KATE

Simon must be vain about his looks. He certainly looks saturnine but I would not go so far as calling his picture "disgusting". I could see him in a silent film in the 1920s playing a part similar to that of Rudolph Valentino in "The Sheik".

Maranatha

Guy wrote to his constituents in 2011 assuring them of his solid pro-life credentials.

Now he's basically Doctor Death.

Not to be trusted. And he impressed me when he entered the Dail with his energy and motormouth debating skills.
Same goes for Varadkar and Coveney. Total lying scum. FG will be decimated by the electorate in the next GE whether they get the "Yes" vote or not.

New Threads

Most Replies