Simon Wiesenthal Strikes Again!

Green eyed monster

An Irishman dressing up in a British military uniform is not much different to a Jew dressing up as a Nazi, but many Irish do so in the real thing anyway.

No surer way to spit on one's ancestors.

The Japanese never repented for its war crimes during WWII, never paid reparations and never repented for its support and links to Nazi Germany or for being part of the Axis (Nazi germany, Japan and Italy). The Japanese were made honorary Aryans by Hitler who saw them as racially pure. Emperor Hirohito was never prosecuted for Japan's war crimes and neither he nor any of its military leaders were prosecuted for japan's production of and use of biochemical weapons which it used in WWII. Japan has never repented for any of it, and now it's selling joke Nazi costumes? At least the Wiesenthal Centre doesn't forget Japan's past, even though the rest of the world seems to have.
Actually the Japanese had their own interpretations of racial supremacy with them at the centre, they didn't need Hitler's instructions to believe in them. For them the Japanese were the greatest race and their emperor was divine, they truly believed they could not lose because of this (and also because historically they had never lost against any invader in Japan in their history), the British had a similiar mentality about the fact that their country had remained uninvaded for so long... this 'island mentality' which confers a feeling of innate superiority is best summed up in Shakespeare's famous sonnet...

"This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war"

It does create a certain arrogance - going for a long long time without military defeat.

I agree with you that the Japanese got off extremely lightly (and look at how quickly their economy came to outshine all others during the 80's while the Germans still suffered) and many of their war crimes set a new standard in cruelty. For the sake of global peace let us hope the Chinese do not bear a grudge.

marcsignal

Website
www.youtube.com
Hitler outfits are offensive. The Nazis were murdering scumbags after all.
Nazism still inspires racist scumbags to this very day.
Japan by the way does not teach its schoolchildren about the massacres in Nanking, the Baatan death march, the appalling brutality inflicted on Commonwealth prisoners or medical experiments performed on living human test subjects by Japanese doctors.
That's an odd thing to say for someone who uses the Nazi SS motto "Meine Ehre heißt Treue ("My Honour is Loyalty")' in their username....:confused:

Schutzstaffel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RepStones

Apparently Simon Wiesenthal rents his name out to the museum for approx $90,000 each year. Don't think he's really connected to it anymore. He lost any credibility he had when his center awarded Jeane Kirkpatrick 'Humanitarian of the Year' in 1986 IIRC.

former wesleyan

BTW... the Nazi swastica is not an Indian symbol of good luck. The sanscrit symbol has its arms turned the opposite way from the nazi symbol and four dots are centered in the four spaces created.

marcsignal

Website
www.youtube.com
Apparently Simon Wiesenthal rents his name out to the museum for approx $90,000 each year. Don't think he's really connected to it anymore. He lost any credibility he had when his center awarded Jeane Kirkpatrick 'Humanitarian of the Year' in 1986 IIRC.
he certainly isn't connected to it anymore, he's dead...

GDPR

No, I think it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Absolutely hilarious
Same opinion here. So is there much difference between a joke shop selling those costumes used for a humorous purpose and that movie where many wear the costumes for a humorous purpose ? I'd be surprised if people who buy them would be going out to wear them while beating someone up or making a political point. In fact I'd see some advantages in ''haters'' clearly identifying themselves by how they dress. I think banning something like that is probably closer to what the original wearers of the costumes would have done.

L'Chaim

Same opinion here. So is there much difference between a joke shop selling those costumes used for a humorous purpose and that movie where many wear the costumes for a humorous purpose ? I'd be surprised if people who buy them would be going out to wear them while beating someone up or making a political point. In fact I'd see some advantages in ''haters'' clearly identifying themselves by how they dress. I think banning something like that is probably closer to what the original wearers of the costumes would have done.
Ah there's a difference. The film was very upfront in what it was and what the 'message was. The plot of that film was dishonesty does not pay. From the start the movie showed exactly what was happening I.e the producers were deliberately trying to be as offensive as they possibly could in order to lose money, keep all the investors money for themselves and defraud the IRS. In no way is that the same or similar as someone selling joke Nazi costumes with Heil Hitler on them. People buying them might not be wearing them to beat someone up but the mssage there is that Nazi practices are not to be taken seriously. And that is making a political point.

How did they know? I mean a joke shop in Japan sells stupid outfits that probably very badly depict a German officer's uniform in the 2nd. World War and the SW Centre not only finds out but goes all out after them?

I do not agree, by the way that the SW Centre is redundant now. We should never be allowed to forget, ever, what was done. What the Japs did is also beyond horror. None of it should be forgotten. But isn't it about time we learnt something from it?

myksav

The Japanese never repented for its war crimes during WWII, never paid reparations and never repented for its support and links to Nazi Germany or for being part of the Axis (Nazi germany, Japan and Italy). The Japanese were made honorary Aryans by Hitler who saw them as racially pure. Emperor Hirohito was never prosecuted for Japan's war crimes and neither he nor any of its military leaders were prosecuted for japan's production of and use of biochemical weapons which it used in WWII. Japan has never repented for any of it, and now it's selling joke Nazi costumes? At least the Wiesenthal Centre doesn't forget Japan's past, even though the rest of the world seems to have.
Forget Japan's past? Who has done that? L'Chaim, I dare say that China hasn't forgotten a single thing of what the Japanese did there before and during WW2.
China, an "atheist" country doesn't need to do forgiveness. If Japan attacked China militarily, Japan would have its head handed to it now. Japan isn't a threat to China now, nothing for them to fear from Japan.

Americans sure haven't forgotten. All that has happened from an American's point of view (being somewhat Christian in outlook) is forgive Japan, to a degree, not forget what happened. That is the difference between Judeaism and Christianity.

Question. A Jewish man commits a crime against another Jew in Israel. The offender is caught, tried and sentenced to a jail term. On completion of his sentence, is that man 'forgiven' or is he still guilty of the crime?

Unsionn

So caricatures of Mohammad for the sake of art and bit of fun is okay then - I think so! As are caricatures of anyone or anything else is. Yet we have just had some muslim idiots blow themselves up in Sweden all over a few caricatures! Why? Guess they must have been offended or something? Oh I get it, Jews are not permitted to be offended?

kalipa

So caricatures of Mohammad for the sake of art and bit of fun is okay then - I think so! As are caricatures of anyone or anything else is. Yet we have just had some muslim idiots blow themselves up in Sweden all over a few caricatures! Why? Guess they must have been offended or something? Oh I get it, Jews are not permitted to be offended?
If they are so offended why are they perpetrating the same abuses on the Palestinians that were used on them ?

Unsionn

If they are so offended why are they perpetrating the same abuses on the Palestinians that were used on them ?
You mean Hamas....lol.
Of course you fell into the old trap of assocciating Jews & Israel. I said Jews I did not say Israelies! My point is, if people on here are are so bloody concerned about offending the sensitivities of Muslims then equally they should be concerned about the sensitivities of Jews, Janes, Christians etc.

L'Chaim

Forget Japan's past? Who has done that? L'Chaim, I dare say that China hasn't forgotten a single thing of what the Japanese did there before and during WW2.
China, an "atheist" country doesn't need to do forgiveness. If Japan attacked China militarily, Japan would have its head handed to it now. Japan isn't a threat to China now, nothing for them to fear from Japan.

Americans sure haven't forgotten. All that has happened from an American's point of view (being somewhat Christian in outlook) is forgive Japan, to a degree, not forget what happened. That is the difference between Judeaism and Christianity.

Question. A Jewish man commits a crime against another Jew in Israel. The offender is caught, tried and sentenced to a jail term. On completion of his sentence, is that man 'forgiven' or is he still guilty of the crime?
Maybe he'd be forgiven if he repented for his crime and served his sentence, which as you can see in the post you responded to, Japan never did. it never repented for its crimes, never paid reparations or repented for supporting Nazi germany. And China or America (or anybody it seems) never put any pressure on Japan or demanded, as part of a surrender agreement, that it repent and pay reparations.

myksav

Maybe he'd be forgiven if he repented for his crime and served his sentence, which as you can see in the post you responded to, Japan never did. it never repented for its crimes, never paid reparations or repented for supporting Nazi germany. And China or America (or anybody it seems) never put any pressure on Japan or demanded, as part of a surrender agreement, that it repent and pay reparations.
So the answer is "maybe". It's an answer.

China doesn't have to do anything to, or expect anything in reparation from, Japan. They are getting "their own back" with their economic development. Pragmatic, the Chinese.
America didn't 'ask' for reparations partly because we nuked them and partly because they had won the war and didnt fel the need to win it again.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies