• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Sinead Ryan, The Home Show, Newstalk saturday morning

joe sod

I have listened to this show on saturday morning a few times, even though it is a new show it has become very tired and boring. I think the subject matter does not warrant a show in its own right, it just concentrates on home building ,design and decoration. It also just has Sinead Ryan and a female architect (cant remember her name) talking on this specific subject for an hour, Im afraid it is just not interesting enough. Dont get me wrong I think Sinead Ryan is an excellent contributor on consumer issues on other shows but I think she has not been great presenting her own show, maybe it is just the subject matter that is the issue. I think it should be broadened to the politics behind the housing shortage and bring in commentators like you have on other shows, Sinead Ryan and the female architect is just not enough for a whole hour

redneck

Sinéad Ryan is a typical Middle class Dublin type. She is attractive but she is also dare I say it- a "Church of Ireland" type.
She likes, a lá Ciara Kelly,
Rugby, Rugby, Leo V and Fianna Fáil. Dislikes S.F, working class Dublin and also their games and pursuits.
Sorry if I offend anyone with this tweet. Slán
Sinéad Ryan is an attractive lady all the same.

Last edited:

fifilawe

The Show is there to "meet the gender quota" and "genderwash " NooseTalk from "calling it out" as the liberals say.Weekend mornings on NooseTalk is very , very poor standard with those Bores namely , Blobby Kurr, and Clueless Vincent "Off The " Wall. I avoid them like Ebola .

benroe

I have listened to this show on saturday morning a few times, even though it is a new show it has become very tired and boring. I think the subject matter does not warrant a show in its own right, it just concentrates on home building ,design and decoration. It also just has Sinead Ryan and a female architect (cant remember her name) talking on this specific subject for an hour, Im afraid it is just not interesting enough. Dont get me wrong I think Sinead Ryan is an excellent contributor on consumer issues on other shows but I think she has not been great presenting her own show, maybe it is just the subject matter that is the issue. I think it should be broadened to the politics behind the housing shortage and bring in commentators like you have on other shows, Sinead Ryan and the female architect is just not enough for a whole hour
Newstalk has become very "woke", I drive weekends and used to listen to newstalk, its just turned to crap, on Sunday evenings now you get Tech-Talk which is a woman interviewing women in tech, this is followed by another woman interviewing successful women in business, the first interview on the first show (2 feckin hours) was repeated no fewer than four times over last week-end.

brughahaha

The Lunch time show which used to be an alternative to RTE1 News has become utterly dreadful under Ciara Kelly.
Talk about dumbing down .... zero news , shallow stories, all mixed in with South County Dublin pretentiousness

fifilawe

Newstalk has become very "woke", I drive weekends and used to listen to newstalk, its just turned to crap, on Sunday evenings now you get Tech-Talk which is a woman interviewing women in tech, this is followed by another woman interviewing successful women in business, the first interview on the first show (2 feckin hours) was repeated no fewer than four times over last week-end.
It is what Don Henley said in his song "Dirty Laundry" ,1982 'We all believe Krap is King". A record away head of its time for Europe but he saw what was happening with satellite TV and multi-channel radio and TV in North America and he was spot on in that song.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies