Sinn Fein 6-1 to take 11 or 12 seats

Kerrygold

Red C doesn't have them taking 11. It has them on 11%.

Big difference.

Nordie Northsider

There was a time SF used to talk their electoral chances down. I remember them saying that overhauling the SDLP was a longterm project - on the very eve of the election which saw them do so. Nowadays they talk their chances up in a way that can only lead to disappointment and they believe every flattering prediction made by journos with nothing better to do than engage in a bit of electoral punditry.

Tiernanator

There was a time SF used to talk their electoral chances down. I remember them saying that overhauling the SDLP was a longterm project - on the very eve of the election which saw them do so. Nowadays they talk their chances up in a way that can only lead to disappointment and they believe every flattering prediction made by journos with nothing better to do than engage in a bit of electoral punditry.
Not sure if many Sinn Féin people are fooled by flattering journalists. An oxymoron if there every was one. I do think Sinn Féin are becoming less attached to the troubles in the north and people are seeing us as a party of the left. It is a real pity those on the left dont vote tactically it would see the old FF/FG axis weakened if not broken.

Franzoni

I think people will be very suprised at how SF do in the forthcoming election probably at the expense of FG and FF....i reckon nearer the 20's.....

Franzoni

seats or percentage?
Seats.... and i know all the so called 'experts' will say no way...but i was speaking to people the nother day who i would class as middle class professionals who were predicting the same and talking about voting SF...

call it a protest vote or whatever you want but thats what i think..

hiding behind a poster

Red C doesn't have them taking 11. It has them on 11%.

Big difference.
Excellent to see Paddy Power, not known to be supportive of SF, predicting such a growth in the SF vote. Shows the success of the SF strategy of slow sustainable growth in the wake of the 2005 IRA statement.

Iarmhi Gael

I have them on 13+ covering with 11 & 12

With Donegal SW going SF and Gerry Adams running in Louth - SF will be carrying alot of momentum going into a Jan Election.

We need more firms offering Election pricing in Ireland even spreads. UK Election took some serious betting - I'd be of the opinion that the Irish one will as well and id say alot on this site will have a flutter - even the 44k lookers DC had earlier in the week

hiding behind a poster

FG/Labour government is 1/12..... :lol:

Cai

Excellent to see Paddy Power, not known to be supportive of SF, predicting such a growth in the SF vote. Shows the success of the SF strategy of slow sustainable growth in the wake of the 2005 IRA statement.
Far better than here today, gone tomorrow odds.

Levity

My neighbour, staunch Fine Gael farmer all his life..aged 90 with all his marbles, tells me that the only people to lead this country and deal with all the c***p brought about by Fianna Fail now are Sinn Fein.
He told me that he never thought he would utter the words..so, with that as a marker, he wont be alone with his views.

Franzoni

My neighbour, staunch Fine Gael farmer all his life..aged 90 with all his marbles, tells me that the only people to lead this country and deal with all the c***p brought about by Fianna Fail now are Sinn Fein.
He told me that he never thought he would utter the words..so, with that as a marker, he wont be alone with his views.
Yep same with the people i spoke to...tradational FF/FG centre right type people...have to say i was pretty shocked to hear it from them...

and the thing is SF won't have to do anything..FF and the rest are digging their own holes every time they appear on the TV....

hiding behind a poster

I'd be thinking SF could go over 9 seats no problem presently.

Donegal South West
Donegal North East
Louth
Cavan/Monaghan
Dublin South Central
Dublin North Central
Dulin South West
Dublin North West
Kerry North
I'd give them probably 8 of those, but they'll be nowhere in Dublin North-Central. But where do they get any more?

Panopticon

I'd give them probably 8 of those, but they'll be nowhere in Dublin North-Central. But where do they get any more?
Agree that they will be nowhere in Dublin NC, but they might just make it in Dublin NE. However, they would have to be quite lucky and I don't think they can do it. Beyond that, they have to win in places like Wexford.

Iarmhi Gael

Sorry meant Dublin Central.

Cork North Central, Sligo North Leitrim & Meath East if the wind is behind them HBAP. 2/3 other Cork seats could go there way on a good day as well. They may even get a second in Cavan Monaghan now Hanlon's seat is up after CC. What do you reckon? I'm expecting momentun to get behind SF. Public will want left and maybe not Labour and go for SF. As a party they are very organised and have the experience of the Northern Elections. They are now bedded down in southern politics and could the old FF vote go back to where it once came from?

Purely taking this from a betting angel btw. No personal political basis

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies