• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Sinn Féin accept that Kingsmill was morally wrong and sectarian

LISTOWEL MAN

meanwhile the man who had Paul Quinn tortured to death is a "good republican"

bang bang

Republican terrorists admit they were motivated for sectarian reasons.

No surprise there then.
The false statelet was formed on sectarianism, so blinkers before you go accusing anyone else of sectarianism, take a look closer to home.

LISTOWEL MAN

Link please?
"The people believed locally to have been responsible for the murder of Paul Quinn are brothers, both long-serving IRA men who are heavily involved in fuel smuggling. They are also closely associated with Thomas Murphy, the local IRA boss "

bang bang

Link please?
I
Different area of debate - individuals within the BA were involved with terrorist organisations and participated in terrorist attacks. That doesn't make the British Army a Terrorist organisation any more than the RCC or the GAA should be regarded as terrorist organisations.

But can we get to the crunch...

amnesty for all or amnesty for none.

Why should - as you seem to be arguing - there only be amnesty for some ?
Wow, comparing a church and a sporting organisation with an occupying army. An army that killed thousands of Irish people over the years.
meanwhile the man who had Paul Quinn tortured to death is a "good republican"
Yawn.............

belcoo666

I

Wow, comparing a church and a sporting organisation with an occupying army. An army that killed thousands of Irish people over the years.

Yawn.............
I suppose we should be grateful Cruimh has returned . Perhaps there is less tolerance for loyalist sectarianism on his new site

McSlaggart

Different area of debate - individuals within the BA were involved with terrorist organisations and participated in terrorist attacks.
"
collusion between Special Branch officers of the then Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) and members of the loyalist outfit the Ulster Volunteer Force.

O’Loan’s report focuses on north Belfast in the 1980s and 90s, when a gang of UVF gunmen carried out 10 murders, 10 attempted murders, 10 punishment shootings, 13 punishment attacks, a bomb attack in Monaghan and 72 other criminal offences while simultaneously working as informers for Special Branch. Some were being paid £80,000 a year, and if ever arrested by the RUC they were ‘babysat’ through their interviews by their Special Branch handlers to help them avoid incriminating themselves."

death or glory

antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

Different decade, different unit, different incident. Not all are the same.

I can't see they sanctioning something like that. I think it should be recognised what brought on the deed, it wouldn't have happened only for loyalists murdering people left, right and centre to provoke a reaction they got and it was those poor people who got the brunt of it.

All said, again, I think they should have been punished severely by the leadership. I hope they're rotting whoever did it. They bring shame on people like myself and it wasn't done in my name, f**k them.
They didn't knee cap them - they gave them their full support, campaigned for their release and even had a SF exIRA man pick them up from prison

antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

A truth commission would be one way but I can't see anyone going for it :(.
Not sure what Martin had to lose at the Bloody Sunday enquiry the civillians were killed by british bullets.
the fact he was in a tower with "communist supplied zombie flying monkeys with lasers wouldn't change that fact"
MMcG said on the stand that he would NEVER give the names of the IRA members present on Bloody Sunday

likesfish

I hope he learned his lesson.
As a party inextricably linked to a former terrorist group who was involved in a bigoted sectarian murder campaign against part of our community,he has to be careful not to offend and reopen old wounds.
tbf the over parties drank in the snug while their bigoted sectarian murderers were in the Saloon so completely and irrevocably separate:rolleyes: none of the parties involved in the troubles are remotely clean

LISTOWEL MAN

MMcG said on the stand that he would NEVER give the names of the IRA members present on Bloody Sunday
"I'm just pleased that the world is a sweeter and cleaner place now. He was not only a multi-murderer, he was a coward. He knew that the IRA was defeated because British intelligence had penetrated right the way up to the Army Council and that the end was coming. He then sought to save his own skin and he knew that it was likely he would be charged before long with several murders which he had personally committed and he decided that the only thing to do was to opt for peace. He claimed to be a Roman Catholic. I hope that his beliefs turn out to be true and he'll be parked in a particularly hot and unpleasant corner of hell for the rest of eternity"

- Norman Tebbit
March 2017

likesfish

He did help bring the whole murderous farce to an end.

likesfish

Gerry and Martin managed to drag the majority of their "hardmen and knuckledraggers to the peactalks" /surrender there's still idiots who want to continue but it's a much lower level than it was.
More sealed balaclava than active war.

bang bang

"I'm just pleased that the world is a sweeter and cleaner place now. He was not only a multi-murderer, he was a coward. He knew that the IRA was defeated because British intelligence had penetrated right the way up to the Army Council and that the end was coming. He then sought to save his own skin and he knew that it was likely he would be charged before long with several murders which he had personally committed and he decided that the only thing to do was to opt for peace. He claimed to be a Roman Catholic. I hope that his beliefs turn out to be true and he'll be parked in a particularly hot and unpleasant corner of hell for the rest of eternity"

- Norman Tebbit
March 2017
Well done towel head, you and good oul Norman, hahahahaha.

McSlaggart

I hope he learned his lesson.
As a party inextricably linked to a former terrorist group who was involved in a bigoted sectarian murder campaign against part of our community,he has to be careful not to offend and reopen old wounds.
Says the man who is a member of the Orange order.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies