Sinn Fein and the antics of Barry McElduff

Beachcomber

Susan McKay, in today's IT, writes that wee Barry once said that Raymond McCreesh was a hero, who should have been awarded the Nobel prize.

That's right: good old Raymond, who was captured with a weapon used in the Kingsmill murders, a few months after the attack took place.

It starts to make sense...

That's skinny Raymond McCreesh, whose brother famously said that "Ray has bitten off more than he can chew" about the suicide diet campaign.

midlander12

Susan McKay, in today's IT, writes that wee Barry once said that Raymond McCreesh was a hero, who should have been awarded the Nobel prize.

That's right: good old Raymond, who was captured with a weapon used in the Kingsmill murders, a few months after the attack took place.

It starts to make sense...
She also references another revealing little vignette from 1998, during a visit to the European Parliament by some NI pols:- '
'After they were wined and dined by the secretary general of the European Commission, Carlo Trojan, McElduff asked a question in Irish. Trojan, who is Dutch, responded that he had not understood. Unionists began to jeer and laugh. McElduff was scandalised, accusing the secretary general of making a show of him.'

Quite the sensitive chap when it suits him, is old Barry! Clearly in his case it's a one-way street though.

Beachcomber

She also references another revealing little vignette from 1998, during a visit to the European Parliament by some NI pols:- '
'After they were wined and dined by the secretary general of the European Commission, Carlo Trojan, McElduff asked a question in Irish. Trojan, who is Dutch, responded that he had not understood. Unionists began to jeer and laugh. McElduff was scandalised, accusing the secretary general of making a show of him.'

Quite the sensitive chap when it suits him, is old Barry! Clearly in his case it's a one-way street though.

As in this latest case, McElduff makes a show of himself and then makes excuses, or blames others.

Hibee

A friend of mine from Derry made a good point . He thinks too many politicians up north are earning a lot of dosh for doing ************************ all and no real responsibilities . They have too much time on their hands .

Karloff

I have to say, well done Barry McElduff, for reminding us all that Sinn Féin is still riddled with unreconstructed thugs and uneducated morons.

If they dared run for coalition with FF in the next election, well I am sure Barry's video will return to haunt them.

As bad as the FF/FG criminal axis are, Sinn Féin are no answer.
Cause some fella balanced a loaf of bread on his head?

Kill All Taigs bonfires occur every year in the North to no controversy, not RTE nor FFG have anything to say about it. You would think they would if sectarianism was their true complaint.

But i have to admit it was a stupid thing to do, i am amazed that SF who are so conscious of their image and how the media treats them would have an MP who would do this. RTE are running an anti-SF platform and the establishment parties up here are leading a nationwide struggle against the legacy of Irish nationalism (eg placing Redmond in the 1916 commemorations) and against Irish ethnicity and nationhood itself and also a virulent anti Catholic campaign is taking place in the Republic.

razorblade

There's already a thread on this is it a thing on this site about how many threads about SF can we start its getting extremely tiresome by this stage.

Nesuno

McElduff should resign. Stupid immature A$$h*(e.

Cdebru

Shinners seem keen to play this down. They know it's cringeworthy stuff.
I actually kind of believe McElduff , that it was an unfortunate unintended coincidence, even though it is a bizarre coincidence, it is just that Kingsmill is nothing the Republican Movement are proud of or could be proud of or would want to be reminded off, if it was nearly any other event bar Enniskillen I would believe it was done on purpose, it is just hard to believe anyone in SF would want to raise the spectre of Kingsmill, like there is no way he could have done it and it not be noticed, and his taking it down and apology seem genuine.
That said I know nothing about McElduff.

Analyzer

I have to say, well done Barry McElduff, for reminding us all that Sinn Féin is still riddled with unreconstructed thugs and uneducated morons.

If they dared run for coalition with FF in the next election, well I am sure Barry's video will return to haunt them.

As bad as the FF/FG criminal axis are, Sinn Féin are no answer.
I think McElduff should get a role in Slabz Fuel organization as promotions officer/representative.

Analyzer

McElduff should resign. Stupid immature A$$h*(e.
No. He should be promoted within Slabz Frenz. He has the "correct" character.

Orbit v2

I actually kind of believe McElduff , that it was an unfortunate unintended coincidence, even though it is a bizarre coincidence, it is just that Kingsmill is nothing the Republican Movement are proud of or could be proud of or would want to be reminded off, if it was nearly any other event bar Enniskillen I would believe it was done on purpose, it is just hard to believe anyone in SF would want to raise the spectre of Kingsmill, like there is no way he could have done it and it not be noticed, and his taking it down and apology seem genuine.
That said I know nothing about McElduff.
As I said on the other thread. If it was an unfortunate coincidence, then how could such a half-wit get to be MP? It doesn't bode well for the future of NI, if this is the calibre of their elected reps. He sounds like a total clown; yet they've suspended him on full pay. What does that say about SF?

hammer

Well the good news is that Mary Loo McDonald now seems tarnished.

RTE News, Joe Duffy Show, Media giving her a difficult time about her incredible stance on the issue.

Roll on her coronation :)

Strawberry

As I said on the other thread. If it was an unfortunate coincidence, then how could such a half-wit get to be MP? It doesn't bode well for the future of NI, if this is the calibre of their elected reps. He sounds like a total clown; yet they've suspended him on full pay. What does that say about SF?
In a world where David Davis can be a cabinet minister and Donald Trump can be President of the US, there's nothing surprising about a half wit getting elected.

Orbit v2

In a world where David Davis can be a cabinet minister and Donald Trump can be President of the US, there's nothing surprising about a half wit getting elected.
Trump got elected because the people vote to select the candidates as well as for electing them. In NI, it's the party who selects the candidates. The election is only of secondary importance.

Strawberry

Trump got elected because the people vote to select the candidates as well as for electing them. In NI, it's the party who selects the candidates. The election is only of secondary importance.
And David Davis is still a cabinet minister.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies