Sinn Fein and the antics of Barry McElduff

Mushroom

d) nationalists of Eire will find it easier to make friends with the Prods and, hopefully, that will lead to a United Ireland - in which the Catholic people of Northern Ireland will be treated as lesser breeds.

One can only hope that your words are prophetic.

HarshBuzz

RasherHash

the secretary

RasherHash

Analyzer

Sinn Féin councillor suspended, TD 'censured', following meeting of party board

This local Cllr gets a 6 month suspension for a bitter rift with a local fellow party elected rep.
Mc Elduff got 3 months for mocking the victims of one of the most vile acts ever carried out on this island.

If ever you needed evidence that SF went soft on their former MP then here you have it.
In the Provisional cult producing a vile remark that is in line with many member's deepest thoughts is less of an offence, than not being respectful of fello Provisionals.

So, by the logic of SF.....this is entirely consistent.

the secretary

In the Provisional cult producing a vile remark that is in line with many member's deepest thoughts is less of an offence, than not being respectful of fello Provisionals.

So, by the logic of SF.....this is entirely consistent.
Exactly.
Standards aren't too high in SF.

FOURGREENFIELDS

Contrast the media and political furore, North & South, to Barry McIlduff's behaviour against the virtual silence on Unionist John Taylor (Lord Kilclooney) disgusting, offensive diatribe about the McGurks Bar UVF atrocity which killed 15 totally innocent Catholics. In addition Ian Paisley Jnr's disgraceful tweets about Islam and the upsurge of killings in London have also been virtually ignored. The hypocrisy and nauseating double standards of the media and political Establishments in the North & South is stomach churning.

Mickeymac

Contrast the media and political furore, North & South, to Barry McIlduff's behaviour against the virtual silence on Unionist John Taylor (Lord Kilclooney) disgusting, offensive diatribe about the McGurks Bar UVF atrocity which killed 15 totally innocent Catholics. In addition Ian Paisley Jnr's disgraceful tweets about Islam and the upsurge of killings in London have also been virtually ignored. The hypocrisy and nauseating double standards of the media and political Establishments in the North & South is stomach churning.

I am disgusted sir as a member of FOSF USA, the new leadership of SF/Irish Government/all Nationalist groups need to address this ASAP

Roisin3

Put simply, nothing more than it says about any other party, where people are elevated beyond their intelligence, because they have served their time for the party. In some parties, this "it's my time" culture even extends as far as the leadership. Unfortunately half-wits are part and parcel of political life. Anyone watching the Brexit debacle will have noticed several British MPs demonstrably not having a clue about Ireland but trying to wing it. One notable example is the loon who referred to Arlene Foster ans the Northern Irish Taoiseach on Channel Four News.

And believe me, there is a lot worse than McElduff out there, particularly in the north, where some attempts at "humour" are undoubtedly based on causing maximum offesnse.
Problem is, we knew he was an eejit prior to this. SF really need to look long and hard at candidate selection. I'm not sure what their procedures are, but I seem to remember they struggled to get rid of that loon in Fermanagh (Flanagan?) - and that was also a twitter related offense - though there was little doubt about his intentions in that regard. They need to get to the point of picking candidates on their ability, not on their length of service to the party. One only needs to look at the SDLP to see how that will pan out if you get it wrong.
Because expelling him does two things. One it accepts that the act was malicious - while offensive because of its timing, I do not believe it was an act of malice, and two, it is dancing to the tune of those seeking to use this incident for their own gain, and I might add, with scant regard for the victims. He should be deselected next time out, off the back of this though.

Though the cat is now out of the bag, and the next time a dup politician steps out of line - think Gregory Campbell and his Gibraltar tweet - there will be hell to pay.

And I'm neither a Sf member or voter.
* lulz * my addition.

If anything, it's worse, in that given the furore surrounding McElduff being a díck, there's no way Stalford couldn't have known he too was being a díck.
Pathetic bridges, pathetic.

Just think about this for one moment (if you retain the capacity for thought)...

"in joke". Explain.
In jokes are obtuse, fathomable only to those in the know. You're ascribing an intelligence to mcelduff that he simply hasn't got.

Secondly, what exactly is to be gained by posting an image that purports to mock one of the most reviled incidents of the troubles - one that mainstream republicanism is too ashamed to claim responsibility for? What possible advantage does that give you? The answer to that is none. Why give your opponents a gilt edged opportunity to bring you down?

The man's a tool, but that's about it. Not malicious, just a tool.
No one is supporting him you clown. But making it something it isn't for political gain is entirely a different matter.
SF can do a lot of things, but no party can sack an MP.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recall_of_MPs_Act_2015
It just goes to show your ignorance. No party can "fire" an MP from office. They can remove/expel him from the party, that's for sure. But they cannot fire him from being an MP.

BTW, it's the right thing for him to resign. He shouldn't have been put forward in the first place.

That said, unionism has just made a huge rod for its own back. I await the next "misspeak" from Sammy Wilson or Gregory Campbell with interest. We will see soon enough whether the pitch is truly level.
Because he's a clown. Same goes for Paul Maskey - who struggles to string a sentence together.

Or maybe its because I want my public representatives to be the best available rather then the longest serving party activists. This is by no means a criticism unique to SF. Untold damage was done to the SDLP, the UUP, the Irish Labour Party etc by promoting long serving aparatchiks into high profile positions they were not fit for instead of picking the right people.

Bumpety bump, right up to when you mention Maskey.

But now, today, on the other thread, he’s a good lad.

ETA: bolded the bits where Hollandia says “he’s a good lad”, oh no, sorry, my mistake, he never mentions “he’s a good lad”, just puts the boot in.

Last edited:

LISTOWEL MAN

Barry mocks people who were murdered

now a man whose wife was murdered posts this ..

RwJrywk.png

and no I'm not taking free dinners drinks etc from the GAA

RasherHash

Barry mocks people who were murdered

now a man whose wife was murdered posts this ..

RwJrywk.png

and no I'm not taking free dinners drinks etc from the GAA
I'd say John McAreavey is bang on the money there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies