• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Sinn Fein Ard Fheis

topcat4

Sinn Fein Ard Fheis this weekend in Castlebar of all places.

Any shinners out there know if there is anything interesting on the Clar?

Does anyone even care about the Sinn Fein Ard Fheis?

Given there is no election this year, the government coalition looks like it will run its five year term, and with them only two years into that five year programme, is an opposition Ard Fheis an exercise in futility.

irelandmearsedotcom

Tiocfaidh ár divisive comment! I believe that Gerry Adams opening address will be a tribute to the late Iron Lady and will be dubbed by an actor!

topcat4

Tiocfaidh ár divisive comment! I believe that Gerry Adams opening address will be a tribute to the late Iron Lady and will be dubbed by an actor!
Well they do need something to generate some publicity on it, bloody dead looking at the moment.

culmore

Heading for Endas home town, wonder are they thinking of joining him after next election. Their only chance of power and maybe Endas only chance of a second term os Taoseach

Dublin 4

How is their youth wing developing?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Heading for Endas home town, wonder are they thinking of joining him after next election. Their only chance of power and maybe Endas only chance of a second term os Taoseach
I have no doubt they are heading to Mayo for a number of reasons...

1. To up the profile of their council candidates in Mayo... with the locals coming up next year

2. To up the profile of potential GE candidates for next time out .. doub't FG can hold 4 seats next time out, SF will be hoping to pick up one of the ones they lose

3. To strenghten their profile in the West of Ireland

4. To get away from the idea that they are "mainly urban" (not going to make the same mistake as Labour there)

5. Mayo's a nice old spot.. would have gone myself had I been a member

As for joining FG after the next election.. think they'll leave it to Michael and Enda to work something out next time

Auld Cynic

Maybe they'll apologise for the atrocities they committed over the years and for trying to kill Mrs Thatcher and her cabinet in 1984.

Their sour grapes that they failed is still evident in the comments Adams made on Monday.

Normal people who can't say anything positive about a dead person refrain from saying anything. But I suppose you can't expect murderers to behave normally.

Tough Paddy

Will Fianna Fail's very own secret weapon Gerry Adams use the occasion to announce that he will be stepping down as SF leader and will be handing over the reigns to McDonald in the not too distant future?!

Auld Cynic

Will Fianna Fail's very own secret weapon Gerry Adams use the occasion to announce that he will be stepping down as SF leader and will be handing over the reigns to McDonald in the not too distant future?!
As evidenced in Meath East, it is SF's only hope of progressing further in Ireland, or, in what they call 'this State'.

Auld Cynic

waisting their time, the are going down in polls, and FF are back, real soliers of republic.
Replacing Adam with Mary Lou would reverse the position almost overnight. FF would have to dump Mehole in favour of one of the less culpable backbenchers during the Cowen disaster.

harshreality

Sinn Fein Ard Fheis this weekend in Castlebar of all places.

Any shinners out there know if there is anything interesting on the Clar?

Does anyone even care about the Sinn Fein Ard Fheis?

Given there is no election this year, the government coalition looks like it will run its five year term, and with them only two years into that five year programme, is an opposition Ard Fheis an exercise in futility.
Not too sure, all I can say though is that at least one person cares, and cares enough to start a thread about it:)

Tough Paddy

waisting their time, the are going down in polls, and FF are back, real soldiers of republic.
Soldiers of the republic me hole! Most FFers would burn down the country if they thought they could get the insurance policy!

Auld Cynic

Soldiers of the republic me hole! Most FFers would burn down the country if they thought they could get the insurance policy!
What do you mean 'some'? The others you leave out by the use of that word will feel they are not truly reflecting the spirit of the party!

Auld Cynic

we have always stood up, even to Churchill, got country through world war and emergency, built hospitals ,and schools. we the reel labour party,and we are back
Paddy, you are a real comic! You're probably going to get a good few more posters to rise to your bait! Troll away!

Tough Paddy

we have always stood up, even to Churchill, got country through world war and emergency, built hospitals ,and schools. we the reel labour party,and we are back
Shhhh... there's only room for one "Paddy" around these parts! ;) :D