• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Sinn Féin discrimination case costs NI taxpayer £150 K

MacO'velli

It seems former NI minister Conor murphy appointed Sean hogan to the position of Chairman of NI water over Four other applicants who were Protestant.

"Dr Lennon agreed to accept £150,000 after an employment tribunal ruled, in June, that he had been subjected to religious discrimination by the Department of Regional "

Protestant man overlooked for job because of his religion awarded £150,000 - National News - Independent.ie

Is SInn FEin gombeenisim alive and well in NI?

Does this give us an early indication of what the shinners would get up to if they got into govt in the REpublic?

statsman

We need a Minister for the Correct Use of Capital Letters.

Clanrickard

It seems former NI minister Conor murphy appointed Sean hogan to the position of Chairman of NI water over Four other applicants who were Protestant.
"Dr Lennon agreed to accept £150,000 after an employment tribunal ruled, in June, that he had been subjected to religious discrimination by the Department of Regional "
Protestant man overlooked for job because of his religion awarded £150,000 - National News - Independent.ie

Is SInn FEin gombeenisim alive and well in NI?

Does this give us an early indication of what the shinners would get up to if they got into govt in the REpublic?
Appointing people to positions without using the proper procedures? Nah. That would never happen here.............

Sync

Clearly a resigning issue. The tribunal has clearly found that a minister had religiously discriminated against a member of the public, to the point where it's cost the state £150k. The state has accepted that by their decision not to appeal. Has to go. Shouldn't even be a matter for discussion.

statsman

Clearly a resigning issue. The tribunal has clearly found that a minister had religiously discriminated against a member of the public, to the point where it's cost the state £150k. The state has accepted that by their decision not to appeal. Has to go. Shouldn't even be a matter for discussion.
As a former minister, what should he resign from?

Sync

As a former minister, what should he resign from?
Well maybe I should read the article more closely then shouldn't I??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

statsman

Well maybe I should read the article more closely then shouldn't I??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
Or even the OP. You appear to be turning into me. Bad move, on the whole.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies