• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Sinn Fein expel sectarian football "fan"

Deep Throat

From RTE News

SF member expelled from party
Sunday, 14 October 2007 20:03
A member of Sinn Féin who attacked a pub in Derry has been dismissed from the party.

Football fan Francis O'Reilly, 29, is serving three months in prison for targeting the Tavern Bar on the edge of the loyalist Fountain estate last Monday.

The bar was left covered in broken glass after it was pelted with missiles by a gang of Bohemians fans at the Eircom League Cup final with Derry City.

A spokesman for Sinn Féin said: 'He was a member of a local branch of Sinn Féin in Dublin.

'Once it was realised that he was a member he was summarily dismissed.'

I find this bizarre, this man's sectarian actions get him dismissed from the party and yet we have bombers on the executive? Perhaps a little bit of a double standard?

drbob1972

something you don't often here me say, "well done SF", glad to see you expelled the idiot

bobbysands81

infamous-el-guapo said:
I find this bizarre, this man's sectarian actions get him dismissed from the party and yet we have bombers on the executive? Perhaps a little bit of a double standard?
Idiot.

bobbysands81 said:
infamous-el-guapo said:
Idiot.
any particular reason why?

Aindriu

bobbysands81 said:
infamous-el-guapo said:
Idiot.
Why is he an idiot? He asked a reasonable question. Not everyone on this forum feels it is right that former terrorists/freedom fighters should be allowed to be leaders of a political party.

We all know that is what happened in Israel but it took years for them to be accepted internationally.

Rebel CNC

bobbysands81 said:
infamous-el-guapo said:
Idiot.
Not a bad question. They expel a guy for breaking windows but want to release from jail the men that murdered unarmed Guard, Jerry McCabe.

Tiernanator

Dustin's bestest mate said:
Why ? He was just being a Shinner.
I can assure you that I and all of my Shinner friends have never and would never participate in any sectarian action. I resent your statement. You obviously do not know many Sinn Fein people or you would never say that. :roll:

Tiernanator said:
Why ? He was just being a Shinner.
I can assure you that I and all of my Shinner friends have never and would never participate in any sectarian action. I resent your statement. You obviously do not know many Sinn Fein people or you would never say that. :roll:
When I was working in W Belfast on polling day I was given out to by a shinner who said that all the SDLP did was 'cosy up to snouts'. Poor choice of phrasing or intrinsically sectarian nature of a party?

PatMcL

infamous-el-guapo said:

As a member of the SDLP you should know that SF along with your party signed up to the GFA. The agreement is essentially a belief that all differences between nationalists and unionists, Irish and British should be settled in the political arena.
While many in all of these groups do have violent pasts the new dispensation was a way of taking things forward. Thus people of previous violent backgrounds; nationalist;unionist; Irish and British sought to take violence out of the Irish political process.
Behaving in a violently sectarian manner runs against the committment SF gave to uphold the GFA and thus this member put himself beyond the party.

The Hallion

I can assure you that they most certainly would. I do know plenty of these sectarian fascist bigots.
Turkeys hanging out with trolls what next?

Weesix

infamous-el-guapo said:
what bombers...where is he getting his information?????

Weesix said:
infamous-el-guapo said:
what bombers...where is he getting his information?????
Gerry Kelly
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Kelly

Conor Murphy (possession of explosives)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Murphy

and then off the Executive, Martina Anderson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martina_Anderson

I can keep goin if you like

The OD

I can assure you that they most certainly would. I do know plenty of these sectarian fascist bigots.
I imagine you know plenty of people who like to shout things like 'up da 'ra' etc. whilst drunk and imagining they are being 'hard'.

You then associate them with SF members for the most tenuous reasons.

The reality as I have experienced it of Sinn Fein people is that they are very anti sectarian in their outlook and in their organisation.

The OD

infamous-el-guapo said:
When I was working in W Belfast on polling day I was given out to by a shinner who said that all the SDLP did was 'cosy up to snouts'. Poor choice of phrasing or intrinsically sectarian nature of a party?
You do know the meaning of sectarianism, dont you?

:?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies