Sinn Féin had identified funding to reintroduce the Christmas bonus

TheOneTruth

Anyone any ideas how much it costs to give out the christmas bonus and how much has been "saved" since it was abolished?

nonpartyboy

Afaik the Christmas bonus only went to the long term unemployed and pensioners, how about using this money to help the previously self employed instead of the self entitled.

mickdotcom

I have worked all my life

and I never ever recived a Christmas bonus,

I dont see why those on Social welfare stirred up by Sinn Fein feel they are entitled to

it.

gijoe

Anyone any ideas how much it costs to give out the christmas bonus and how much has been "saved" since it was abolished?
Some €250million I think is the cost of the Christmas 100% bonus.

turdsl

I believe it was a bad idea to do away with it, They people who received that money would have it spent the next day, Money in circulation, money in locality
Money gone back to the government in taxes, but then who would expect Lenihan to do something intelligent in 2 years of failure.

Cael

A lot of poor children and old people are being deprived of a little happiness at christmas - and all to bail out bankrupt criminals who are being supplied with salaries of up to 200,000 euro out of the taxpayers pocket.

Cael

Sinn Féin is so populist they make Labour look like they have a plan :D
Yes, giving poor children a little extra at christmas is so "populist," while giving billions to bankrupt criminals is the "mature" thing to do...

Panopticon

Yes, giving poor children a little extra at christmas is so "populist," while giving billions to bankrupt criminals is the "mature" thing to do...
Name the corrupt criminals that are getting billions. You mean the bank depositors and shareholders, right? I'm pretty sure that the bad men have been sacked/are in bankruptcy court.

Reality bites

Sinn Féin is so populist they make Labour look like they have a plan :D
Well Labour are the only ones with a plan - listening to FG TDs this last week each is coming up with their own personal plan but there seems to be no coherence of economic strategy

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
So is it £26 million in Northern Bank notes ?
rofl!

But I do think thats money has been spent. On what? Probably villas for 'the boys' in southern Spain or Cuba.

Cael

Name the corrupt criminals that are getting billions. You mean the bank depositors and shareholders, right? I'm pretty sure that the bad men have been sacked/are in bankruptcy court.
None of the criminals will be punished. Far from it, money is being stolen from the poor and the sick to keep them in their luxury lifestyle.

bogtrotter

rofl!

But I do think thats money has been spent. On what? Probably villas for 'the boys' in southern Spain or Cuba.

That money was spent long ago by the Brit army and their RUC accomplices who most people with local knowledge blame for the robbery....After all the only money ever recovered from the robbery was found in a security forces canteen........I am sure that SF would love to have such funds available to them but unfortunately us folk who sell tickets and weekly lotto's for the party know how scarce money is in the party and how difficult it is to get donations....

mickdotcom

That money was spent long ago by the Brit army and their RUC accomplices who most people with local knowledge blame for the robbery....After all the only money ever recovered from the robbery was found in a security forces canteen........I am sure that SF would love to have such funds available to them but unfortunately us folk who sell tickets and weekly lotto's for the party know how scarce money is in the party and how difficult it is to get donations....
and a certain house in Cork

1888bhoys

Twitter
thesuir
A lot of poor children and old people are being deprived of a little happiness at christmas - and all to bail out bankrupt criminals who are being supplied with salaries of up to 200,000 euro out of the taxpayers pocket.
Again well said Cael .Good minds think a like.Can,t type as fast a you do.

New Threads

Most Replies