Sinn Fein hail Orange Orders Easter Rising seminar

Mickeymac

Lol I gave your order credit for approaching the 21st century in Fermanagh and you return to the seventeenth with more sectarian abuse.
If you ever grow up you'll realise why Nationalist communities both object to Orange marches in their areas and are able to run rings round you effortlessly.

It's become clear to me there is a split between the brethern, those who wish to remain in the dark ages and those who are willing to fast forward to 2016.

It is so apparent when you consider the mixed messages being pedalled about.

runwiththewind

Scandalously the ROI government pumps a lot of money into the Orange Order- I suspect this is down to them demanding a quid pro quo from the Lodge. Obviously the type of hooker that BtB favours and the quality of cocaine he desires dont come cheap so he has been prepared to bend his flaunted "Principles" a little bit.
What's even worse is that the OO is a registered charity both south and north.

The Irish government gives them 900,000 a year and the OO have received around 15/16 million since the GFA. The OO give a few hundred to 'community projects' as a donation, then the use the money to ensure that border land doesn't fall into Catholic hands. That's bad, but hundreds of thousands of Irish taxpayers money is being 'donated' to British military veterans.

Currently, an overseerer of all Irish charities has been appointed. He has written to all of them to submit their books and activities for investigation. Only half have done so and continued failure to do so will revoke their registered charity status. As many as half are expected to lose this status.

Will the OO will retain its charity status under this scrutiny? As long as they and a few others continue to be registered as charities, I for one, will not give a cent to any charity ever again

The OO are on a charm offensive is all.

Last edited:

Irish-Rationalist

The Irish government gives them 900,000 a year and the OO have received around 15/16 million since the GFA. The OO give a few hundred to 'community projects' as a donation, then the use the money to ensure that border land doesn't fall into Catholic hands. That's bad, but hundreds of thousands of Irish taxpayers money is being 'donated' to British military veterans.

Currently, an overseerer of all Irish charities has been appointed. He has written to all of them to submit their books and activities for investigation. Only half have done so and continued failure to do so will revoke their registered charity status. As many as half are expected to lose this status.

Will the OO will retain its charity status under this scrutiny? As long as they and a few others continue to be registered as charities, I for one, will not give a cent to any charity ever again

I visited the battle of the Boyne site at Oldbridge, Drogheda, a few years back, and learned that it was funded by the Irish government i.e. Irish tax-payers. I thought it a bit strange that the site of a battle which subjected Ireland to a further 231 years under the British crown was being paid for by people whose ancestors rejected British rule, and whose political orientation would most certainly not be British imperialist nor unionist.

CastleRay

The event in Dundonald was no charm offensive.

freewillie

I visited the battle of the Boyne site at Oldbridge, Drogheda, a few years back, and learned that it was funded by the Irish government i.e. Irish tax-payers. I thought it a bit strange that the site of a battle which subjected Ireland to a further 231 years under the British crown was being paid for by people whose ancestors rejected British rule, and whose political orientation would most certainly not be British imperialist nor unionist.
Why did you visit it? Because its part of our history and also impacted on European history through the victory of King Billy. If gob************************es like you had your way all we would have to look at his continous reruns of the Kilmichael Ambush

Irish-Rationalist

Why did you visit it? Because its part of our history and also impacted on European history through the victory of King Billy. If gob************************es like you had your way all we would have to look at his continous reruns of the Kilmichael Ambush
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this discussion.

Windowshopper

I was at the 1916 seminar in Christchurch, Dublin which Arlene Foster attended, and I listened to a podcast on the same subject in Christchurch, Waterford. The CofI seem to be doing good work in opening up the conversation.

vivabrigada

It's become clear to me there is a split between the brethern, those who wish to remain in the dark ages and those who are willing to fast forward to 2016.

It is so apparent when you consider the mixed messages being pedalled about.
It's a form of schizophrenia. Mervyn Gibson said during the week that the ban on Orange attendance at a Catholic mass should be looked at but said he wouldn't attend a service at Protestant St Anne's cathedral because of the appointment of a Catholic priest.
Fukin jokers.

between the bridges

[video=youtube;-0kcet4aPpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ[/video]
Lovely...

vivabrigada

between the bridges

Ffs Vivy moi knows yer a tea egg muppet, but thonz woeful even by yer standards now up yer game or jog on...

death or glory

Runwiththewind,
that was a very interesting and well thought out response.
I have to congratulate you for taking the time to respond.
You raised some excellent points which I hope someone will address.

ps, I think you will be busy at Christmas as scrooge.

runwiththewind

I visited the battle of the Boyne site at Oldbridge, Drogheda, a few years back, and learned that it was funded by the Irish government i.e. Irish tax-payers. I thought it a bit strange that the site of a battle which subjected Ireland to a further 231 years under the British crown was being paid for by people whose ancestors rejected British rule, and whose political orientation would most certainly not be British imperialist nor

Yest, that is strange. But then, Irish people passing on their ancestors history is nothing new.. The OO now want to reinstate William of Orange on his plinth again. I think the IRA, just like Nelson, blew him off it.

runwiththewind

When have we even had one re run of Kilmichael?

The Batitle of the Boyne site should have been turned into a land fill site. The vast majority of the OO reside in a foreign country, their do-called history should be no concern of ours.

runwiththewind

I was at the 1916 seminar in Christchurch, Dublin which Arlene Foster attended, and I listened to a podcast on the same subject in Christchurch, Waterford. The CofI seem to be doing good work in opening up the conversation.
Next question is why all offical/state/invitational commemorations on WW1 only take place in COI or othercProtestant churches in NI. Not one single NI Protestant politican attended a ROI state run event or official service in a RC church.

Why is this?

death or glory

Next question is why all offical/state/invitational commemorations on WW1 only take place in COI or othercProtestant churches in NI. Not one single NI Protestant politican attended a ROI state run event or official service in a RC church.

Why is this?[/QUOTE]
Because Schomberg had a very good point.

runwiththewind

Runwiththewind,
that was a very interesting and well thought out response.
I have to congratulate you for taking the time to respond.
You raised some excellent points which I hope someone will address.

ps, I think you will be busy at Christmas as scrooge.
Go on, go on, go on, you address them. Go on my little retard, go on, I dare ya.

Yawn.

runwiththewind

Why is this?[/QUOTE]
Because Schomberg had a very good point.

The IRA had an even better one.

death or glory

The IRA had an even better one.
Which was your favourite Ra.
Its amazing how they surrendered when the SAS were brought in to give them a bit of their own medicine.

Yet when the SAS killed them, they cried about it, the big woosses and then they gave up on the auld united Ireland and decided to administer British rule at Stormont. The question must be why did youse waste so many innocent lives.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies