Sinn Féin latch on to Dr Barnardo's "Lost Childhood Campaign"

Cruimh

Not surprised at SF - after all they have no shame and are publicity whores, but Doctor Barnardo's?

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/barnardos-lashed-for-teaming-up-with-adams-on-lost-childhood-campaign-1-8405601

Who better than SF to know about lost childhoods?

Critics are accusing the charity of gross insensitivity due to the number of children murdered and traumatised by the party’s military wing, the IRA.

The charity’s “Lost Childhood Campaign” says that “1 in 7 children in Ireland are lost to homelessness, to poverty and to neglect”.

It adds: “The children’s charity, which works with more than 15,000 families annually, wants to engage individuals, other organisations and the Government to tackle this injustice. They proposed a range of solutions that if actioned in the short-term, will change the lives of children in Ireland forever.”

In a tweet on Tuesday, the charity posted a photograph of six Sinn Fein representatives - including Gerry Adams - who had come to visit the charity, against the backdrop of its campaign posters.

However a stream of angry people on social media slammed the charity, listing a string of children killed by the IRA.

Mushroom

A genuinely imbecilic PR stunt by the charity. I suppose they should be grateful that Widowkiller didn't bring his brother along with him.

APettigrew92

WooHoo.
Another one!:D:D:D
Average P.ie Poster : "We cannot take SF/IRA seriously as a political entity until they separate with their terrorist past.

The same poster once something like this arises: "Arrghh! How dare they attempt to break with their past and do something positive!"

It's quite the double-think on here. Apparently the contemporary concern - a devastating neglect of the Youth by parties not even remotely affiliated with SF - is secondary to some cheap political point scoring.

As long as the SF bogeyman exists, we should never hold FG responsible for record trolley/homeless numbers.

death or glory

PBP voter

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/i-was-victim-of-abuse-in-boys-home-jean-mcconvilles-son-tells-inquiry-30725377.html

The son of a woman "disappeared" by the IRA has claimed he was sexually abused at a boys' home in Co Down.

Billy McConville was six when he went to Rubane House after his mother was abducted, murdered and secretly buried by the IRA in 1972.
The local IRA taunted the children as they were taken away. They knew full well what went on in these places.

ger12

RasherHash

RasherHash

[video=youtube;hrMLXuRzZKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMLXuRzZKU[/video]

statsman

Not the wisest move by Barnardos all the same.

midlander12

Whatever about the rest of them, in view of his evidence in his brother's trial and his comments on him working in a youth club to 'atone' for abusing his daughter, it is truly bizarre to see Adams in the photo. I would actually have credited Barnardo's with a little more cop, but clearly not.

midlander12

It's becoming clearer by the day that the people who are out of step with the reality of today's world are people like yourself.
I've never seen anything quite as 'out of step with reality' as the way Adams dealt with his brother's behaviour which was known to him since the 1980's.

midlander12

Have you not?
I'd suggest you have a read up on Bill Kenneally of Fianna Fail and how that party, with the help of AGS, covered up the paedo rapist until his victims came forward....

Maybe you could also read up on how Michael Noonan was exchanging letters with the paedo rapist who destroyed 'Grace', and allowed her to remain in his 'care'......
Yes I was wondering how long it would take before you did your 'look over there'. Neither Noonan nor any FF reps are in the Barnardos photo, though I dare say they're up next.

The issue here is Adams appearing in a child protection promo, in view of his own behaviour in relation to the most serious form of child abuse, committed within his own family,

Bertie's Hat

I don't like this campaign or the recent tv ads of the child getting lost in Heuston station. It seems to compare missing children to children exposed to social problems because parents aren't taking responsibility for them, not the same thing at all.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

michael-mcivor

I've never seen anything quite as 'out of step with reality' as the way Adams dealt with his brother's behaviour which was known to him since the 1980's.
That brother was kneecapped by the Provos- it took years for the law to catch up- But Gerry give evidence against him and that brother was convicted- You would not have done the same against your brother-

New Threads

Most Replies