Sinn Féin out in front again with Budget Submission.

1888bhoys

Twitter
thesuir
Yes, it's up to SF to come up with alternative policies that are logical and appealing, their Budget submission seems a good start.
I think if people look at the Budget submission fairly it could be a good start.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
This should be interesting. You'd think they would wait until the October Reveune figures were out?

A budget submission for the sake of a budget submission.
Would certainly have been logical. Its not the fact the SF are utterly detached from economic reality that is worrying though, it a fact they don't have any economic expertise. What is disturbing is that their repeated failure to get to grips with hard economics is endorsed time and again as genius by their followers. I have nothing in particular against SF these days, but only because I can laugh when they come out with their budget nonsense. Wrong is wrong, any party can be corrected. But on the economy SF are on a differant planet entirely.

EUrJokingMeRight

Would certainly have been logical. Its not the fact the SF are utterly detached from economic reality that is worrying though, it a fact they don't have any economic expertise. What is disturbing is that their repeated failure to get to grips with hard economics is endorsed time and again as genius by their followers. I have nothing in particular against SF these days, but only because I can laugh when they come out with their budget nonsense. Wrong is wrong, any party can be corrected. But on the economy SF are on a differant planet entirely.
Come now I think the whole country knows that our current government has made a real mess of the numbers for years. It's like they have an allergy to basic calculations. unreal.
But if that's the kind of performance you endorse by not referring to it then good luck to you!
FF are always spouting 'ah but the other guy is even worse', 'who do you replace FF with'?
The first statement is based on an untrue assumption and the answer to the second question is; anyone.
We would have had better economic decisions if we had Paul the Octopus(RIP) making the decisions rather than FF. It is a sad but utterly definite truth.

mmrebel

Isnt it a bit thick to submitting a pre budget plan with out having all the figures to hand what if Year end tax take is lower than expected ??

CarnivalOfAction

Ah yes; the oul "economic illiterates" slur again. The geniuses who coined (!) that one sure got their sums bang on, wha'?

More sensible economists, who weren't cheerleaders for FF's crony banksters & developers, agree more & more with SF. Colm Rapple has demonstrated how an extra €18b pa by taxing wealth & income at Swedish levels:
Colm’s columns » 2010» October

Of course, the wealthy don't like it; tough.

turdsl

Well, I was listening to Arthur Morgan debate on the economy last week, very impressed by him.. Much better than Lenihan.

1888bhoys

Twitter
thesuir
Well, I was just listening to Arthur Morgan on the Budget Submission on Morning Ireland very impressed but he didn,t get much time.

bobbysands81

Isnt it a bit thick to submitting a pre budget plan with out having all the figures to hand what if Year end tax take is lower than expected ??
So we'll have year end figures by Budget Day on the 7th December then will we???

Some folk just don't want to let go of their prejudices.

Cato

Now all they need to do is to get more people like you to do the same.Simple
Don't get too excited; I've simply moved them from last to third last.

civilserpant

Sinn Féin will present their budget submission tommorrow in Buswells hotel. Once again the Shinners are out of the blocks first to present an alternative budget. This should make some interesting reading, and at least there are actual proposals to examine, unlike Labours blow in the wind approach.
hhhahahahahaha. Very good.

Dya want a medal for being the first? Sadly, the only time a SF set of economic policies had any real value is at a General Election. Sadkly, in 2007 they only launched theirs 10 days before the vote, which conveniently was more pragmatic than usual, as they thought they were in line to be king makers. Ooops.

Lets be honest, the SF budget submission is marginally less important than the labour one, which is marginally less important than the FG one which is marginally less important than a John Drennan Sindo supplement - as none of them will ever be implemented. Its just optics. The fact one is first, when the budget isnt until Dec 7th (?) is neither here nor there.

Last edited:

Murph

your dead right Thacoman they are different from the usual budgets of failure from FF & now FG and Labour.

Thats why they are worth a look, as opposed to coming out with the usual prejudged crap.

mmrebel -you are a laugh, "its thick to submit a budget without having all the figures". I bet you are one of those who criticise Labour for not have policies, and yet you probably support the gombeens who wont share those figures with the opposition party's.

The shinners are showing you guys up for what you are!

SFInbhear

In fairness I would rather listen to Arthur Morgan, a succesfull businessman, that Lenihan or Cowen, two muppets who never had to work a day in their life and were sped with the silver spoon from day one and walked into the Dail via a sympathy vote.

gijoe

I see that SF are proposing €1.1billion in spending cuts. I never knew that the Special Branch budget was that big? :)

Murph

gijoe is a retired branhman -always up for the craic, so he is!

TheOneTruth

Is there a serious thread on this matter without the gobsh1tes who haven't even looked at it. Or is that asking for too much from P.ie

Murph

They have all looked at it, even the ones who say they havent. The impartial will give it due credit, and the majority which accounts for the partial and political alligned to other parties will parrot the usual negative mumbo jumbo!

Its the wider public who I would be interested in hearing feedback from, unfortunately, most of the media come under the partial and anti shinner umbrella, so thats not going to happen!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies