• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Sinn Fein says they're meeting with the Dept of Finance confidentially

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Sinn Fein have sent out a brief statement to the media to confirm they have begun a "process, not an event" with engagement with the Department of Finance.

Sinn Fein's Arthur Morgan in the statement said the engagement with the Department of Finance involved "strict confidentiality".

Sync

I'm not sure Arthur fully grasps the meaning of that word.

LeDroit

LOL!

It must be like a unicorn meeting a mermaid. Both thinking, 'What do you do?'

G

Gimpanzee

Ah now, there's no fear of Arthur blabbing, with all those beaches and bogs around as a reminder.

I suppose it does no harm on the SF economic CV to have this engagement, but can't see how they have any interest in it being genuinely constructive

Tomas Mor

Will Sinn Fein be first blindfolded before being let in to Finance (the way they used do to Charlie Bird getting a peep) You never know what they might spot if not hampered a bit

mickdotcom

In reality this is nothing new-

Members of sinn fein used to meet with bank officals quiet regularly,

its hard to say what members were involved as they were either wearing

baraclavas or simply murdering Gardai minding the banks.

Should we ever let them forget what they did to us.

Maybe the government are making sure the Ra boys wont start another revolution.

ItsEvolution

In reality this is nothing new-

Members of sinn fein used to meet with bank officals quiet regularly,

its hard to say what members were involved as they were either wearing

baraclavas or simply murdering Gardai minding the banks.

Should we ever let them forget what they did to us.
Get over it

turdsl

Well, none of the second rate over used jokes here will ever make it to script writers desk. Thats for sure.

disgruntledcitizen

much as i dislike shinners, and think they are clueless on matters economic, in the unlikely event they actually come up with a good idea they should be given the information required to develop same and present it....

captainwillard

This is so offensive. SinnFein, dedicated for so long to the destruction of the state allowed access to DoF. Will they be carrying their semtex and guns?

SFInbhear

much as i dislike shinners, and think they are clueless on matters economic, in the unlikely event they actually come up with a good idea they should be given the information required to develop same and present it....
Some of their recent proposals have been good, such as the third tax rate and raising the PRSI ceiling. On the third tax rate, it took FG and Labour over a year to support this after Sinn Fein did. Also the call to cap public service pay is also a good proposal but I would propose a more elaborate proposal to be put forward.

eoghanacht

6 lads bally'd up with a AK or two...............

Oh no, they are just having a meeting.

what are they discussing? How to win votes and influence people after commiting treason?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
As usual there are the usual suspects with the ignorant responses.

We have a Government who have shown themselves to be completely clueless on economic matters, but oh no, God no, don't ask the Shinners anything, what would they know.

Perhaps a little anecdote might help show the ignorance of some people and how we ended up in the State we did.

I stood for election in 2007.

Foolishly I suppose, I decided before standing for election, that it might be a good idea to actually go an educate myself in economics. During an election debate, I quite frankly wiped the floor with not one, not two, but three FF candidates.... but did that matter ?

Not at all.. one of them, I'll let you guess which one, said to me afterwards in the bar of the hotel where the debate was held, sure why would i want to know anything about economics, there are plenty of lads in the Departments who look after all that.

There is a huge amount of economic knowledge within SF. I know that from my time in the party. Unfortunately, there is one very, very, very, very bad pre election debate, where Gerry Adams displayed a complete and utter lack of economic knowledge, and on that, SF's economic credentials lie.

It was part of the reason I left.

But, maybe I could ask the smartasses a question...

Take politics out of the equation altogether, and discuss business and economics...

Who would they be more inclined to listen to advice from

A successful businessman, and company director

or

A solicitor who never ran a business in his life

Think about that for a minute or two ....