• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Sinn Féin supporters attitudes towards the dissident republicans?

thegregster

It seems on this site many PSF supporters have a great difficulty in actually stating these guys are criminals.
So my question to the Provisional Sinn Féin supporters on this site are:

Do you think Mr Ryan was a criminal for being a member of a proscribed organisation under the laws of the state?

Would you urge people to hand over information to the PSNI on the crimes of dissident republicans such as the recent murder of a prison officer or the murder of a PSNI officer?

Do you recognise the right of this state and the justice system in NI to charge, convict and imprison the dissidents?

Do you agree with party leadership that "they are traitors to Ireland"?

Do you agree they should not be regarded as political prisoners and as such treated as criminals?

R

Ramps

It seems on this site many PSF supporters have a great difficulty in actually stating these guys are criminals.
So my question to the Provisional Sinn Féin supporters on this site are:

Do you think Mr Ryan was a criminal for being a member of a proscribed organisation under the laws of the state?

Would you urge people to hand over information to the PSNI on the crimes of dissident republicans such as the recent murder of a prison officer or the murder of a PSNI officer?

Do you recognise the right of this state and the justice system in NI to charge, convict and imprison the dissidents?

Do you agree with party leadership that "they are traitors to Ireland"?

Do you agree they should not be regarded as political prisoners and as such treated as criminals?
Answers are guaranteed to mention Fianna Fail, collusion, Martin McAleese, Troika...and probably Nelson Mandela, before going back to Fianna Fail.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
it seems on this site many psf supporters have a great difficulty in actually stating these guys are criminals.
So my question to the provisional sinn féin supporters on this site are:

Do you think mr ryan was a criminal for being a member of a proscribed organisation under the laws of the state?

Would you urge people to hand over information to the psni on the crimes of dissident republicans such as the recent murder of a prison officer or the murder of a psni officer?

Do you recognise the right of this state and the justice system in ni to charge, convict and imprison the dissidents?

Do you agree with party leadership that "they are traitors to ireland"?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Aristodemus

I think "ambivalent" would capture the essence

thegregster

We all know how you feel. You delighted in the murders carried out these scumbags.

Still not surprising. Not one PSF poster so far can bring themselves to call the RIRA/CIRA criminals.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
We all know how you feel. You delighted in the murders carried out these scumbags.

Still not surprising. Not one PSF poster so far can bring themselves to call the RIRA/CIRA criminals.
Their political prisioners, simples. Anyway, how is membership of the RUC Suicide club going ?

Suttree

Good of you to take time out from making sexual jokes about murdered children to make such insightful replies.

Suttree

They aren't 'Republicans' - neither were the Provos.

They are/were Irish Nationalists (with a hint of catholic fundamentalism).

Lets start describing them for what they actually are, instead of how they would like to be described.
Can you elaborate on that? The fundamentalist point in particular.

Murph

and the point of the thread gregster?

so you could spew your own waffle by answering your own question.

I was bored before i finished reading the thread title

Suttree

He may have an agenda, but I think it's a valid thread. The Sinn Fein leadership have been pretty unequivocal in their condemnation of dissidents (in public, at least), but the rank and file as presented on p.ie aren't always so clear?

Northtipp

He may have an agenda, but I think it's a valid thread. The Sinn Fein leadership have been pretty unequivocal in their condemnation of dissidents (in public, at least), but the rank and file as presented on p.ie aren't always so clear?
What rank and file are you talking about?

Suttree

What rank and file are you talking about?
P O'Neill there would be a good example, if there wasn't a good chance he's a full blown troll.

Northtipp

P O'Neill there would be a good example, if there wasn't a good chance he's a full blown troll.
Just him? I think the difficulty is that you could have people who may vote Sf sometimes or at differing elections etc. the site is full of variety and shades so it's a difficult issue to tackle but probably worthy if done correctly. It will just end up a thread full of insults and name calling. Just wait. Won't be long until the usual mud slingers turn up. Unfortunate but true

Edit: I see I was too late on the mudslingers turning up. Lol.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

Exactly, the Gobdaw is so predictable spewing out the same sh!te all the time and tries to pretend to himself he's some sort of very clever wind up artist. " murderers.......Sinn Fein...... scumbags........IRA criminals.......murderers.......Sinn Fein......scumbags........IRA criminals.......murderers.......Sinn Fein......scumbags........IRA criminals....... " etc, etc

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Good of you to take time out from making sexual jokes about murdered children to make such insightful replies.
I don't find some d!ck making a joke about a Republican murdered only a few weeks ago funny, hence my stinging reply which obviously hit the target I'm happy to say :)

topcat4

There will always be people in Sinn Fein who are sympathetic to armed republicanism.

In the seventies there were also a sizeable amount of Fianna Fail grass root members who were sympathetic to the IRA.