Sinn Fein suspend entire party organisation in Dublin South-West

hiding behind a poster

Just coming in on the wires, as they used to say in the old days.....

Anyone care to speculate on what's going on?

hiding behind a poster

Looks like the party is acting tough on rogue members. I’m sure you’d be criticising them if they weren’t. Again, this smells of an OP designed to make the lead opposition party look bad.
I can't recall a party ever doing this. Do you not think it's worthy of discussion?

SuirView

When the election for Mayor comes up,
Is there much canvassing for the job?

hiding behind a poster

When the election for Mayor comes up,
Is there much canvassing for the job?
No. Whatever the ruling group is will have negotiated who gets the various roles like Mayor, Deputy Mayor, committee chairs etc and the sequencing of same. Once that's done it's for the councillors of each party in the ruling group to decide each year who their nominees will be for each post.

SuirView

No. Whatever the ruling group is will have negotiated who gets the various roles like Mayor, Deputy Mayor, committee chairs etc and the sequencing of same. Once that's done it's for the councillors of each party in the ruling group to decide each year who their nominees will be for each post.
Thanks,
When would all the councillors have found out that Paddy Holohan would be the SF candidate for Mayor?

hiding behind a poster

Thanks,
When would all the councillors have found out that Paddy Holohan would be the SF candidate for Mayor?
The councillors from the ruling group? At the council meeting. The SF councillors? God knows.

hiding behind a poster

Perhaps. But your OP is appalling in that you ask a question (which is answered in the link) to create suspicion that something is array when it isn’t. A low form of politicing.
Firstly the question is not answered in the link in the OP. "What's going on" relates to the politics of it. I'm asking what's going on in SF behind the scenes, what the motivations are, etc - the politics, in other words. And are you seriously saying nothing is amiss when a party suspends an entire constituency organisation? And finally what do you mean by "a low form of politicking"?

kimari

Twitter
dont like it
Now if they all claim expenses while their suspended .You could critise them ,is suspended akin to being banned ffrom something

hiding behind a poster

Now if they all claim expenses while their suspended .You could critise them ,is suspended akin to being banned ffrom something
No. The councillors are still councillors, they can claim their expenses as before.

callas

Looks like the party is acting tough on rogue members. I’m sure you’d be criticising them if they weren’t. Again, this smells of an OP designed to make the lead opposition party look bad.

Don't they look kinda shabby already? Paddy Hooligan is small fry compared to the goon they buried in Belfast last week. Paddy is a handy distraction from the covid show funeral spectacle.

2020-07-01_iri_60056315_I2.jpg

The 1,800 people who attended the funeral of former leading IRA member Bobby Storey were socially distanced, Sinn Féin TD Pearse Doherty has claimed.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom