• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Sinn Féin TD's son pleads guilty to theft.

O

Oscurito

I REGRET STARTING THIS THREAD.THE GUY WAS A MINOR AT THE TIME AND WHILE THAT'S NOT THE ONLY REASON, I SHOULDN'T HAVE STARTED IT.

I'VE ASK THE MODERATORS TO DELETE IT. IT LOOKS LIKE THEY WON'T. I CAN'T STOP PEOPLE FROM POSTING IN IT BUT IF YOU WANT THIS THREAD TO DIE, JUST IGNORE IT. GRMA.

Bless the callowness of it all! I didn't even know you could get boxes of beer for 10 euro - least of all in Supervalu.

Anyway, the Indo has seen fit to report on the case of the son of Sinn Féin TD Aengus Ó Snodaigh's pleading guilty to theft of a box of "Desparado (sic)" beer worth 10 euro. He was a minor at the time and has been spared a conviction having agreed to pay 50 euro into the court poor box.

I've resisted so far the urge to make puns about "small beer" and I'm still holding out.

Son of TD spared criminal conviction after pleading guilty to stealing

Last edited:

derryman

Do the crime do the time and suffer the consequences.
Its not as if the sindo have any motive other than to truth and justice

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
The Indo shouldn't have reported on it.

O

Oscurito

Do the crime do the time and suffer the consequences.
Its not as if the sindo have any motive other than to truth and justice
He pleaded guilty and made sure he wasn't a burden on the legal system. There was no grandstanding, claim of free legal aid etc.

Please take note - Mr 87k-per-annum Paul Murphy.

Accidental sock

Poor ould Wolf Toner has had a hard time of it with his kids.

I did many a stoopid thing as a boy, and my poor ould Dad had to clean up the mess.

jacko

The thread should add the word Again to the title given the 6 previous theft convictions

OrderoftheDragon

Is this different to the other Sinn fein reps son........thread.

Gin Soaked

Ummmm - while no sympathy for the shinnerbots here who would have no problems if it was linked to any rival party, the kid was underage and probably shouldn't be named and shamed.
As a middle class, right leaning voter, I despise SF, but this thread just seems crass. Kids can have issues, and go off the rails, and be stupid, but until they are off the rails and adults, there needs to be a bit of discretion used. In this instance, it is just petty stupidity.

Last edited:
O

Oscurito

Poor ould Wolf Toner has had a hard time of it with his kids.

I did many a stoopid thing as a boy, and my poor ould Dad had to clean up the mess.
The thread should add the word Again to the title given the 6 previous theft convictions

Yes. I can see that he's had a bumpy few years but the article suggests that he's settling down now and getting his life together. What he's done isn't that excessive for a young lad in Dublin.

Hibee

Welcome to 2016 and the irish media . Utter race to the bottom.

Strawberry

He's underage and therefore shouldn't be made into a national news story because of his father's position.

(And yes, I would say the same if it was the kid of a Fine Gael TD).

O

Oscurito

As a middle class, right leaning voter, I despise SF, but this thread just seems crass. Kids can have issues, and go off the rails, and be stupid, but until they are off the rails and adults, and it is just petty stupidity, there needs to be a bit of discretion here,
Looking at various things, I regret starting it now.

There doesn't seem to be a delete option....! Can only moderators delete threads?

Gin Soaked

Under-age drinking, previous offences? Court sounds appropriate. Hope the lad gets his act together now.

Who here did not do a spot of underage knacker drinking? I never did a 5 finger discount, but some of my peers, from very middle class backgrounds did.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies