Sinn Fein Virtue Signaling(And Gross Hypocricy )

bactrian

At the beginning of November Sinn Fein generously crossed the sectarian divide and suggested that voters should support candidates who oppose Brexit.

"Sinn Féin is to stand aside in three Northern constituencies in December’s general election and has urged its voters to back other candidates who support staying in the EU in order to help defeat the pro-Brexit DUP. The party will not run candidates in East Belfast, South Belfast or North Down, with Sinn Féin suggesting voters instead support Alliance party leader Naomi Long, Claire Hanna of the SDLP, and independent unionist Lady Sylvia Hermon."

Of course the Constituencies where they are stepping aside are ones where they cannot get elected.

Sinn Fein still intend to field candidates in their safe constituencies . These candidates will sit on their ar$es and do nothing to stop Brexit, amend Brexit or in any way protect the people of Northern Ireland from the disastrous effects of Brexit. There are very large salaries to consider and in the balance between money and the interests of their constituents, money wins.

Mickeymac

At the beginning of November Sinn Fein generously crossed the sectarian divide and suggested that voters should support candidates who oppose Brexit.

"Sinn Féin is to stand aside in three Northern constituencies in December’s general election and has urged its voters to back other candidates who support staying in the EU in order to help defeat the pro-Brexit DUP. The party will not run candidates in East Belfast, South Belfast or North Down, with Sinn Féin suggesting voters instead support Alliance party leader Naomi Long, Claire Hanna of the SDLP, and independent unionist Lady Sylvia Hermon."

Of course the Constituencies where they are stepping aside are ones where they cannot get elected.

Sinn Fein still intend to field candidates in their safe constituencies . These candidates will sit on their ar$es and do nothing to stop Brexit, amend Brexit or in any way protect the people of Northern Ireland from the disastrous effects of Brexit. There are very large salaries to consider and in the balance between money and the interests of their constituents, money wins.

Can you list for us the amount of salaries SF have drawn from the UK Government/Taxpayer since they were elected to the Houses of Chaos in London?

mangaire2

I reckon that you don't like the Shinners !!!
LOL !!!!!!

what's wrong anyway ?
Bridges didn't start a Shinner thread for a few days ?
so you reckoned that it was your duty to step in & do the needful ?
Good man yourself !!

Dame_Enda

Hermon is not running this time.

recedite

Hermon is not running this time.
Even I knew that. Its piss poor reporting by the Irish Times.

They have a good photo though, of Mary Lou doing her impression of the Carry On films catchphrase "Ooooh matron... "

bang bang

If the electorate agree with you they won't vote for SF. But thankfully they aren't dumb as you seem to be.

McTell

Twitter
No

bactrian

Can you list for us the amount of salaries SF have drawn from the UK Government/Taxpayer since they were elected to the Houses of Chaos in London?

Hi Micromind the salaries to which all MP's are entitled are set out here

At present it is £79,468 per annum.

Each of the seven non- functioning Letting-Brexit-Happen-While-Sitting-Doing-Nothing claim that generous salary while also claiming expenses.

I've only checked the expenses of one Sinn Fein MP , and if these are anomalous you will list the remainder.

Expenses Claimed and Paid 2010 - 2019 : £600,109.07 . Yes , that is the correct figure , to date. In excess of £600K claimed by One Sinn Fein MP for not representing their constituents.

Sync

What a really weird OP. You fundamentally misunderstand the concept of what tactical electoral strategies are.

mangaire2

Each of the seven non- functioning Letting-Brexit-Happen-While-Sitting-Doing-Nothing claim that generous salary while also claiming expenses.

I've only checked the expenses of one Sinn Fein MP , and if these are anomalous you will list the remainder.

Expenses Claimed and Paid 2010 - 2019 : £600,109.07 . Yes , that is the correct figure , to date. In excess of £600K claimed by One Sinn Fein MP for not representing their constituents.
AFAIK , the SF elected representatives are not paid the MP salaries,
nor are they allowed to take their seats in the HOC, because they won't swear an Oath of Allegiance to the Queen of England.

one might have expected that you would have informed yourself of the basic facts, before you initiated this thread.

Mickeymac

Your dopey thread now lacks any credibility thanks to your false claims, you were asked this....

"Can you list for us the amount of salaries SF have drawn from the UK Government/Taxpayer since they were elected to the Houses of Chaos in London"

In reply to the above you falsely claimed they drew salaries of £79,000+ which is totally untrue.

Once again pal, SF do not draw salaries from London, get your facts right before attempting to start further threads laced with untruths.

McTell

Twitter
No
I still didn't get how "virtue signalling" translates as gaelige

Anyone?

Or is it beyond the pale?

bactrian

Information below for those clueless who start threads based on gross untruths...…...
I'll have to acknowledge that I despise Sinn Fein and that I did not check if SF MP's actually took a salary. I was wrong about that.

Will you cheerleaders for MP's, who don't turn up for work ,kindly explain why £600k+ expenses are justified for a person not to do their job?

mangaire2

I'll have to acknowledge that I despise Sinn Fein and that I did not check if SF MP's actually took a salary. I was wrong about that.

Will you cheerleaders for MP's, who don't turn up for work ,kindly explain why £600k+ expenses are justified for a person not to do their job?
you also have to acknowledge that your OP was based on an untruth - or a Lie, in plan man's language.
as to the expenses paid to the SF MPs, this "cheerleder" is unable to give you the details - perhaps, if you get on to the relevant department of the HOC, they may be able to help you.
this "cheerleader" can tell you that Tory & Labour MPs have been sanctioned for 'fiddling' their expenses,
but no SF MP.
I think that you can rest assured that SF MP's expenses are very carefully vetted, by those whose responsibility it is to do so.

as for the MP's 'not doing their job' -
swearing allegiance to the Queen of England is not the 'job' of any Irish MP.

bactrian

you also have to acknowledge that your OP was based on an untruth - or a Lie, in plan man's language.
as to the expenses paid to the SF MPs, this "cheerleder" is unable to give you the details - perhaps, if you get on to the relevant department of the HOC, they may be able to help you.
this "cheerleader" can tell you that Tory & Labour MPs have been sanctioned for 'fiddling' their expenses,
but no SF MP.
I think that you can rest assured that SF MP's expenses are very carefully vetted, by those whose responsibility it is to do so.

as for the MP's 'not doing their job' -
swearing allegiance to the Queen of England is not the 'job' of any Irish MP.
In psychology they would class your post as "deflection". You cannot justify the taking of £600k+ in expenses for not turning up , so you resort to "HEY ! LOOK OVER THERE !"

It's not working.

AhNowStop

Jaysus lad when you're on a hate filled trolling mission the least you should do is try and "educate yourself" on what you're trolling about .....

Had you done that you would have know that SF do NOT take their salaries ..... but you didn't educate yourself so now you just look like a spiteful little fool :rolleyes:

well done you kid ;)

Popular Threads

Most Replies