Sinn Fein website - "IRA statements"

Skyrocket

The first website shown by google when searching for Sinn Fein is (understandably), the party's official website. What is not understandable for a party seeking major political gains in the upcoming general election is why "IRA statements" appears prominently as a subsection under the main heading. Do Sinn Fein think that reminding people that they are the political wing of the IRA is a winning electoral formula?

Seanie Lemass

You obviously think that you reminding people that the Shinners have a connection to the IRA will stop people voting for them? ;)

picador

Home | Sinn Féin

Wouldn't call it prominent but it is there - mainly developments in the peace process (allegedly some co-authored by P. O'Neill and one J. Powell formerly of Downing St)

I guess everyone knows about Sinn Féin's past connections with the IRA.

Darren H

Home | Sinn Féin

Wouldn't call it prominent but it is there - mainly developments in the peace process (allegedly some co-authored by P. O'Neill and one J. Powell formerly of Downing St)

They do.

So don't be surprised when Unionists read a 'Not Welcome Here' message into Nationalists support for the sectarian filth.

Skyrocket

Home | Sinn Féin

Not prominent on the main website itself, but on the google page after you've searched "Sinn Fein" which is what most people would do rather than typing in the exact website without a search engine.

SideysGhost

You know what? You lot don't deserve your own country.

Bloody Southies, I'm starting to dislike ye all even more than the feckin English.

picador

They do.

So don't be surprised when Unionists read a 'Not Welcome Here' message into Nationalists support for the sectarian filth.
Look on the bright side - you won't be taking on the banking debt anytime soon.

cogol

Sinn Fein are connected to the IRA? Well, that's my vote going elsewhere. Feckin terrorists. Feckin Greeks!!!!

Super8

The first website shown by google when searching for Sinn Fein is (understandably), the party's official website. What is not understandable for a party seeking major political gains in the upcoming general election is why "IRA statements" appears prominently as a subsection under the main heading. Do Sinn Fein think that reminding people that they are the political wing of the IRA is a winning electoral formula?
What's your motive for posting this?

Cabbage/Turnip

haha this thread is a complete spin operation... posing a genuine question to increase insecurity around sinn fein because poeple now are starting to see they are the real alternative that actually care about the country

Cabbage/Turnip

sidey ghost i totally agree with you this country has completely lost any spine it had... people who truely care about his country and are willing to don anything to save it are insulted and called every name under the sun because the majority of people in this country are lazy ignorant P...ussies

Cruimh

They do.

I think the important thing about the SF website is that while IRA statements can be found and IRA Martyrs are extolled they have finally got the Unite Ireland section up and running . Worth it's own thread.

Murph

There was I all along voting for Fianna Fail, thinking they were connected to the IRA. Feck, I'm going to vote Sinn Fein in future.

Oh God' what plonker started this thread - they must be all crapping themselves that people are wising up to the shinner alternative!

ulsterscotnua

The reason people should consider voting Sinn Fein is just think of who else there is to vote for.
FF If any person of a fit state of mind could explain to me how it could benefit a) the person in question b) the country in general by voting FF he must live in a world of his own. 10 years ago everything was brilliant and now FF leaves us with nothing.
FG the only difference from FF is something that happened before they were founded.
Also they have a sober leader, FF have a drunk. Labour a good election result has always been measured by them been able to hitch themselves on to another party to implement the senior party policies. The Greens, good idea in practice gone off.
SF, FF and FG with the same economic policies say SF economic policies could ruin the country but their policies have ruined the country. The Main Parties talk about SF, previous links to guns, surely they were all founded from guns and bombs that were used when the vast majority of Irish people didn't want them.
Do we know what will happen if Brian Cowen is voted in again, the interest rate on the bail out will nearly double. B.C and E.K one or other likely to be next leader of Government spent most of the time while bail out talks were taking place, not putting Country first but party first steering their parties to collectively get about the total of SF.
Should they not have been trying to do something for their country or did the Irish negotiators not trust them near the place.

DeputyEdo

so you reckon that if they remove that section of their site, everyone will forget about their IRA connections?

Skyrocket

Of course not, but the IRA is supposed to have "gone away" and people seeing "IRA statements" will remind them of the bad old days of bombings and murders.

The Salmon of Knowledge

Your a sad individual.

New Threads