Sinn Fein will promote Belfast rather than Dublin as a destination for foreign direct investment after the border poll is passed.

ScoobyDoo

Sinn Fein will promote Belfast rather than Dublin as an alternative destination for foreign direct investment after the border poll is passed.

Sinn Fein will create a special Belfast Economic Develop Zone (‘CFEB’). Generous tax incentives will be made available to property development companies which are prepared to invest in high quality technologically advanced office blocks in the CFEB designed to attract companies operating in the technology and finance sectors. Additional financial incentives like those created to promote the Shannon Development Zone and the International Financial Services Center will be offered to companies willing to locate in the CFEB. The existing favourable tax treatment offered to multinationals in the South will of course be extended to the North.

The strategy is designed to persuade soft Unionists to vote in favour of a United Ireland by offering an opportunity for rapid economic development, an opportunity that will never be available under the Union. The counties of Antrim and Down will benefit most and that is where most Unionists live. The policy will also help take the pressure off Dublin and its dormitory counties which are becoming massively over crowded and unlivable.

There is no question but that Unionists will be better of in a United Ireland. The average price of a house in Dublin is €325,671. The average price of a house in Belfast is €139,317. QED.

SF have been in Stormont for years. Have they not promoted Belfast as a location for FDI before? :roll:

ScoobyDoo

There is no question but that Unionists will be better of in a United Ireland. The average price of a house in Dublin is €325,671. The average price of a house in Belfast is €139,317. QED.

Strange argument this because in the South SF are saying house prices are unaffordable and leading to housing crisis. SF demanding thousands of social houses to be built to increase supply and reduce house prices.

Windowshopper

It's astonishing that people take this as a metric of success after all's that happened.

derryman

In the event of SF going in to government in the Dail and/or a Border Poll being won, SF will very quickly head the same was as Irish Labour party and UKIP.
Ah now, none of us are expected to be political anorak on this forum, but is it too much to expect that people on this site can
Deal with reality not their dreams.

derryman

In the event of SF going in to government in the Dail and/or a Border Poll being won, SF will very quickly head the same was as Irish Labour party and UKIP.
Ah now, none of us are expected to be political anorak on this forum, but is it too much to expect that people on this site can
Deal with reality not their dreams.

Fr Peter McWhinger

If International Investors or even indigenous Northern Irish Investors thought Northern Ireland a good investment prospect on foot of the human resources located there they would already be investing there.

For decades Northern Ireland has devoured much more resources than it's people have produced. Much of the problem lies in the hunger of its people for handouts and living out of the pockets of the Mainland British people.

Now many of the Province's people have allowed themselves the deception that the Republic would be a better teat to suckle from.

The handout live for free culture of give me a house, give me various doles etc.

derryman

If International Investors or even indigenous Northern Irish Investors thought Northern Ireland a good investment prospect on foot of the human resources located there they would already be investing there.

For decades Northern Ireland has devoured much more resources than it's people have produced. Much of the problem lies in the hunger of its people for handouts and living out of the pockets of the Mainland British people.

Now many of the Province's people have allowed themselves the deception that the Republic would be a better teat to suckle from.

The handout live for free culture of give me a house, give me various doles etc.
You have never visited the 6 counties have you.
I have worked all over these islands and elsewhere and I can tell you I have never seen a more hardworking people than those here, and for very little reward to most of us. So do me a favour, feck off with your illinformed generalisations.

Fr Peter McWhinger

I have worked all over these islands and elsewhere and I can tell you I have never seen a more hardworking people than those here, and for very little reward to most of us. So do me a favour, feck off with your illinformed generalisations.
Would you invest in a City or a region, where the inhabitants refuse to live by the rule of law and democracy, frequently rioting, damaging public and private property, where the threat of civil war if ever just under the surface, and where huge swades of the population are effectively near communist in their aspirations?

Fr. Ted Crilly

The likes of you are such an easy target.
Its really hilarious.
I bet your probably one of those one that says 'I'm not a SF supporter...'
Run along there, troll..:D
Wouldn't you be better off teaching your young people how to drive rather than trolling a political website, dear?

Last edited:

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Would you invest in a City or a region, where the inhabitants refuse to live by the rule of law and democracy, frequently rioting, damaging public and private property, where the threat of civil war if ever just under the surface, and where huge swades of the population are effectively near communist in their aspirations?
Again that broad tar brush, is see. It gets a lot of use here on p.ie.

JimmyFoley

:lol:

TruthInTheNews

Strange argument this because in the South SF are saying house prices are unaffordable and leading to housing crisis. SF demanding thousands of social houses to be built to increase supply and reduce house prices.
The cure is to slower economic growth in Dublin and faster economic in Belfast.

Analyzer

Sinn Fein will promote Belfast rather than Dublin as an alternative destination for foreign direct investment after the border poll is passed.

Sinn Fein will create a special Belfast Economic Develop Zone (‘CFEB’). Generous tax incentives will be made available to property development companies which are prepared to invest in high quality technologically advanced office blocks in the CFEB designed to attract companies operating in the technology and finance sectors. Additional financial incentives like those created to promote the Shannon Development Zone and the International Financial Services Center will be offered to companies willing to locate in the CFEB. The existing favourable tax treatment offered to multinationals in the South will of course be extended to the North.

The strategy is designed to persuade soft Unionists to vote in favour of a United Ireland by offering an opportunity for rapid economic development, an opportunity that will never be available under the Union. The counties of Antrim and Down will benefit most and that is where most Unionists live. The policy will also help take the pressure off Dublin and its dormitory counties which are becoming massively over crowded and unlivable.

The irony of this is only massive.

The Provisional Cult spent the best part of three decades trying to destroy Belfast, economically, and often physically.

It escapes their minds that the did more damage to Belfast, and the six counties than any amount of posturing can repair.

Analyzer

It's astonishing that people take this as a metric of success after all's that happened.
The ISIS Times still regards it a THE metric of success.

Does my house look good in this ?

TruthInTheNews

There are plenty of young well educated people in Italy but there are no jobs and not much FDI.

Analyzer

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies