Sinn Fein win first by election in over 80 years. RTE drivetime has it as 3rd story

pinemartin

sinn fein win first by election in over 80 years. RTE drivetime has it as 3rd story after a keyhole surgery report and a report of newspapers from the south east. it was 16 minutes into the programme before they came to the Donegal story.

sic transit

Drivetime is a 2 hour programme so you would expect it later. Although newswise, it's not much of a story - Hot favourite wraps up bye-election at a canter as expected.

niall78

They're all the same. Whine line yesterday was all about some mad witches attack on RTA's so her company could pay minimum wage to tradesmen.

RTE put pravda to shame.

Astral Peaks

Well, they are public servants, working for a state broadcaster, can hardly expect them to be up to the minute, now, can we?

Antbody hear MI yesterday, a piece on teachers, about 7.40am?
Nothing but uncensored PS propaganda, leavened by not a bit of editorial comment!

Aristodemus

Funny, but every week Eoghan Harris seems to have a piece criticising RTE for its anti-Government bias

Astral Peaks

Funny, but every week Eoghan Harris seems to have a piece criticising RTE for its anti-Government bias
And Eoghan Harris is the font of all knowledge and wisdom?

(Hint: Answer is no!!!!)

SlickWilly

Well done Pearse you are by far the best candidate and the blueshirt was the worst!

laragh

drivetime

I agree that RTE is slow to give credit to Sinn Fein. But that applies to others also. Even though Fine Gael seem fairly certain to come in second, which in this context is a very good result, Drivetime still manage to present that in a negative way.
RTE have to take a lot of responsibily for keeping Fianna Fail and Bertie Ahern in office until they destroyed the country

Well done Pearse, you handsome devil of a man you, with that most glorious of voices. Makes a change from the Ugly na H'Eireanns you will have to work with.

Wakeupcall

I hate RTE. They are a disgrace.

Absolute joke. Any option I get to do them harm in a round about way or another I will take it up.

Skinner

Congratulations PoD and SF.

Don't expect any different from the established parties (or their mouthpieces) in the future either, SF getting widespread support and Dail seats is their worst nightmare :lol:

cruddie

Not Sinn Fein Voter or supporter but.....

I am glad for Pearse, RTE are disgraceful on there treatment of Sinn fein.

I switched on to Daily show and the "panel" were discussing the By-election.

they sounded like the Fianna Fail Press Office

I am a critic of Sinn Fein for numerous reasons but feel they and some others are unfairly treated by RTE.

MichaelMac

Good level of transfers from Lab to SF and the Pringle distribution should ensure he reaches the quota or is ahead of the combined FF & FG vote to deem him elected.

Tiernanator

I agree that RTE is slow to give credit to Sinn Fein. But that applies to others also. Even though Fine Gael seem fairly certain to come in second, which in this context is a very good result, Drivetime still manage to present that in a negative way.
RTE have to take a lot of responsibily for keeping Fianna Fail and Bertie Ahern in office until they destroyed the country
RTE has and always will have an anti-republican bias. So I dont expect anything from this discredited news agency.

Tiernanator

Well done Pearse, you handsome devil of a man you, with that most glorious of voices. Makes a change from the Ugly na H'Eireanns you will have to work with.
Pearse certainly got the women's and gay mens vote in Donegal. He is rather cute in a geeky sort of way.

reknaw

Yawn Harris is a joke in the worst possible taste. But isn't it good to know his days in that overpaid Seanad sinecure to which he was appointed are numbered? I can't see any Taoiseach appointing him this time round no matter how much he does his chameleon act and flip-flops to yet another point on the political spectrum.:roll::roll::roll:

Mind you, I wouldn't put it past this former Sticky to try and convince Sinn Fein he's been a Provo at heart all along. It's that or look for honest work if anyone would hire him.:D

dicta

RTE should be gotten rid of - I pay my licence fee to people who can't even keep current affairs current - refund please

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies