Sinn Fein win first by election in over 80 years. RTE drivetime has it as 3rd story

pinemartin

When I eventually leave home I don't intend on having a TV. The laptop moniter and larger one for the sitting room with a VGA cable to a console will do just fine.

Why on earth would I be bothered paying for RTÉ. Rather pay for chlamydiae.
i dont think you need a licence for chlamydiae, ive been told you can get it for free.

Oscar Wilde

Those who intend marching to the GPO tomorrow should carry on out to Montrose and demand the shutting down of FFs grossly expensive propaganda machine.:mad:
awful to watch the coverage today, it was like Fox news in the USA
they pulled the live , putting on eastenders would you believe it.

any how great result for SF.. we're on the one road :)

Simply

In The Irish Times coverage of the DSW result Gerry Adams is referred to throughout as 'Jarry' and in the The Indo it's 'Jurry'.What's wrong with these people :confused:

Last edited:

Tomas Mor

De Valera won in 1925 on the SF ticket.
I think it was Sam Holt from Ck On Shannon who won it for SF, he contested a by election when Carter, Cumann na nGael resigned in Sligo Leitrim.

I too tuned in to drivetime and found regional papers with John O Connor being discussed ! RTE needs a major shake up, not just the Finucanes on 570k a year - I just cant bear to listen to her anymore.

stripey cat

Lead story on BBC Radio 4 One O'clock News today: Thousands march in Dublin against cuts

Lead story on RTE Radio 1 Once O'clock News today: DUP Conference

Murph

Sindo should be hilarious tromorrow on how they will report the SF victory.

Bomber Harris must be on a ventilator by now! Celia Larkin is drowning her sorrows and Furer O'Reilly will sell up if SF comes to power!

eire2010

Sindo should be hilarious tromorrow on how they will report the SF victory.

Bomber Harris must be on a ventilator by now! Celia Larkin is drowning her sorrows and Furer O'Reilly will sell up if SF comes to power!
Ahh it will be a great read tomorrow! :lol:

MDaniel

In The Irish Times coverage of the DSW result Gerry Adams is referred to throughout as 'Jarry' and in the The Indo it's 'Jurry'.What's wrong with these people :confused:
At least Miriam Lord in the IT often refers to B. Cowen as Biffo. The others have probably never been in Belfast except for shopping (I do too, but used to go there writing for a newspaper and spent some time there, I know the situation in the North is much more complex than it appears from the South).:(

Last edited:

Rosmuc

Arise Sir Tony

The Indo had the bye-election on page 16 today, if SF had lost it would have made the front page saying the end of SF. The general public are seeing through Sir Tony O'Reilly's gutter press though.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom