Sinn Fein's use of social media

loner

Wonder why are the Shinners so concerned about the continued existence of the Special Criminal Court? Ii has served us well in combatting crimes that threaten the security of the State?

Clipper

Wonder why are the Shinners so concerned about the continued existence of the Special Criminal Court? Ii has served us well in combatting crimes that threaten the security of the State?
Not just Shinners. A former President of this country, the UN, Amnesty International among others object to it.

It just highlights FG's tendency for authoritarianism that it condones what could be described as a kangeroo court.

In addition, the Troubles are over. The SCC is twenty odd years past its sell-by date.

Round tower

Not just Shinners. A former President of this country, the UN, Amnesty International among others object to it.

It just highlights FG's tendency for authoritarianism that it condones what could be described as a kangeroo court.

In addition, the Troubles are over. The SCC is twenty odd years past its sell-by date.
Who?
It's not, the threat to members of the jury is as high now with gangland gangsters, where amnesty international if a dangerous gangland figure was foud not guilty by jury tampering.
Even SF has done a u turn they want it reviewed and if the review recomends it being kept they will support them.
Their has being no credible proposals how juries in gangland trials be kept safe from intimidation and threats.

AhNowStop

Do you think its just the shinners against it ? .. is that what you actually think ?

Clipper

Mary Robinson.

It's not, the threat to members of the jury is as high now with gangland gangsters, where amnesty international if a dangerous gangland figure was foud not guilty by jury tampering.
Even SF has done a u turn they want it reviewed and if the review recomends it being kept they will support them.
Their has being no credible proposals how juries in gangland trials be kept safe from intimidation and threats.
The reasons cited for it ressurection initially were to tackle organisations who the Government at the time described as a treat to the security of the State. We all who they are and we all who they aren't. As I said the Troubles have been over for close to a generation. Scumbags selling drugs do not constitute a threat to the security of the state. Using them to continue with an instrument of justice that has come in for international criticism is about as flimsy as it gets.

Also, who said this?:-
" We are told that a non-jury court is preferable because of intimidation of jurors. To the best of my knowledge, such intimidation remains anecdotal. Where is the evidence that intimidation of jurors is allowing criminals to escape justice? "

I dont care what SF's position is, the SCC is of out of date and is actually an affront to our court system. A trial without a jury and that suspends prima facie evidence is nothing more than a glorified kangeroo court.

Last edited:

Round tower

Mary Robinson.

The reasons cited for it ressurection initially were to tackle organisations who the Government at the time described as a treat to the security of the State. We all who they are and we all who they aren't. As I said the Troubles have been over for close to a generation. Scumbags selling drugs do not constitute a threat to the security of the state. Using them to continue with an instrument of justice that has come in for international criticism is about as flimsy as it gets.

" We are told that a non-jury court is preferable because of intimidation of jurors. To the best of my knowledge, such intimidation remains anecdotal. Where is the evidence that intimidation of jurors is allowing criminals to escape justice? "

I dont care what SF's position is, the SCC is of out of date and is actually an affront to our court system. A trial without a jury and that suspends prima facie evidence is nothing more than a glorified kangeroo court.
With no jury it has eant that criminals has escaped justice because of jury intimidation,

neiphin

With no jury it has eant that criminals has escaped justice because of jury intimidation,
Examples please

amnesty have serious reservations

Round tower

Examples please

amnesty have serious reservations

It should have read "with no jury it has meant that no criminals has escaped justice because of jury intimidation"

I know they have but where would Amnesty be if some of the notorious gangland figures escaped justice because of jury intimidation.

neiphin

It should have read "with no jury it has meant that no criminals has escaped justice because of jury intimidation"

I know they have but where would Amnesty be if some of the notorious gangland figures escaped justice because of jury intimidation.
thats a given

have “crims” Escaped justice in these diplock setups?
have ”crims” won appeals after been convicted in these diplock style courts?

Clipper

thats a given

have “crims” Escaped justice in these diplock setups?
have ”crims” won appeals after been convicted in these diplock style courts?
Its happened with the SCC too, on numerous occassions, in one instance it was found that two members of AGS fabricated evidence. And seeing as Round Tower didn't identity who said the quote I posted I'll illuminate him. It was none other than Charlie Flanagan.

Risteard

The Provos (they are not Shinners - they were expelled from Sinn Féin for treason in 1986) supported the Special non-jury Court today in Leinster House. These scum led by Fianna Fáiler Mary Who are the enemies of the Irish people.

AhNowStop

yet another SF/IRA supporter resorts to bullying
Simply pointing out you're a fool son .. as would be the case with anyone who listened to that interview and thought Joe Duffy didnt end up looking like a d1ck...

But tbf I knew you were a fool long before this ;)

antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

Mary Robinson.

Thought the Shinners were fond of Kangaroo Courts

between the bridges

Their use of social media hasn't been great these last few days...

TUFZMTI0MTA4ODUw.jpg

Eb5iyn7WAAAdQHe?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Eb36sMiXkAEbAOw?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

EbyrhXkX0AAFL9-?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

SuirView

HaHa,

Dumb and dumber have both apologised.

Michelle said sorry!

Mary Lou said sorry.

Pearse hasn't apologised!

Adams likewise!

Thanks Sinn Fein.

Clipper

HaHa,

Dumb and dumber have both apologised.

Michelle said sorry!

Mary Lou said sorry.

Pearse hasn't apologised!

Adams likewise!

Thanks Sinn Fein.
A wise decision. Now we can move on. Well, some of us.

SuirView

A wise decision. Now we can move on. Well, some of us.
HaHa,

It's coming out now that dumb and dumber thought they were going to a burial of their friend.

It was a cremation!

They didn't know, like the Paddy Holohan saga!

Thanks SF.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom