• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Sir Allen Stanford the Texan cricket tycoon: $8billion fraud

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Yes apparently Texas has cricket tycoons ... most fishy - indeed Sir Allen is being accused of an $8,000,000,000 fraud

Telegraph
Sir Allen Stanford, the Texan cricket tycoon accused of a $8 billion (£5.6 billion) investment fraud, has been found by FBI officials and served with papers by the SEC, putting an end to a worldwide search.
CNN
The FBI locates and officially serves papers to financier Robert Allen Stanford, who is accused of running a $9.2 billion investment fraud scheme.
In September, Forbes magazine named the billionaire No. 205 in its "400 Richest Americans" article
See next time you hear something odd like Texan cricket tycoon : you know what to think.

Funny thing is this 9 billion story will vanish as we live in times of high fraud - perhaps we should decriminalise all frauds below $100,000,000,000 ?

cYp

He3

Yes apparently Texas has cricket tycoons ... most fishy - indeed Sir Allen is being accused of an $8,000,000,000 fraud

See next time you hear something odd like Texan cricket tycoon : you know what to think.

Funny thing is this 9 billion story will vanish as we live in times of high fraud - perhaps we should decriminalise all frauds below $100,000,000,000 ?

cYp
Steady on there - you know the rule is anything up to a mill is criminal, anything much over that is a misfortune, and thirty mill upwards is an attempt to save the nation. Your proposal is much too radical. Moderation in all things.

clontarfblue

Hi is not "SIR" Allan Stanford. He does not have a legit title. Just some mickey mouse crap from some mickey mouse country. He is not entitled to use the honorific.

hiding behind a poster

At least it means an end to his obsession with throwing money at Twenty20 cricket. Especially after today's thrilling Test finish in Antigua, anyone who thinks Twenty20 makes better entertainment needs their head examined.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Hi is not "SIR" Allan Stanford. He does not have a legit title. Just some mickey mouse crap from some mickey mouse country. He is not entitled to use the honorific.
Next you'll be saying he is not Texan - are we sure Liam Lawlor died ?

cYp

Bobert

Ahem... elephant in the room?

Bobert

I'd like to dismiss that as passive nonsense but it's something John Cleese would do...

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I'd like to dismiss that as passive nonsense but it's something John Cleese would do...
He's a real knight, not just the round table this time:

wiki
Sir Robert Allen Stanford KCN (born March 24, 1950) is a prominent financier, philanthropist, and sponsor of professional sports. A fifth-generation Texan who resides in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, he holds dual citizenship, having become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda. Stanford was the first American to be knighted by that Commonwealth nation[2] and was presented with the honour by the then Governor-General of Antigua and Barbuda, Sir James Carlisle.
cYp

michaelo

At least it means an end to his obsession with throwing money at Twenty20 cricket. Especially after today's thrilling Test finish in Antigua, anyone who thinks Twenty20 makes better entertainment needs their head examined.

5 days of cricket and you don't even get a winner! What's exciting about that?

Twenty 20 is the future!

Bobert

He's a knight of Antigua and Barbuda?

Right... I suppose Swaziland and Timbuktu were busy that day?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

Twenty 20 is the future!
Is cricket real or is it just another John Cleese spoof ?

I tried following it once but it bored me so much that it counter-acted my alcohol & made me sober - so far too expensive to watch.

cYp

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
He's a knight of Antigua and Barbuda?

Right... I suppose Swaziland and Timbuktu were busy that day?
Well he's their first knight ...

Are Antigua and Barbuda real places ?

This whole thing is most odd - a Texan cricket tycoon - who is a knight in very odd places - and he's snaffled billions

cYp

Bobert

Cricket is ok if you're a Tory really. My own poncy sport of choice is rowing which I recently took up and Kildare Polo.

Bobert

Well he's their first knight ...

Are Antigua and Barbuda real places ?

This whole thing is most odd - a Texan cricket tycoon - who is a knight in very odd places - and he's snaffled billions

cYp
Throw in an EU referendum and we'll have Colm Keena singing his merry tune.

L.O. Dublin S.C.

Twenty 20 is the future!
Totally agree. I don't watch much cricket but if there was an IPL game I might be tempted.

Sync

Naughty naughty boy. BBC News - Allen Stanford jailed for 110 years for $7bn Ponzi

Disgraced tycoon Allen Stanford has been sentenced to 110 years in jail for operating a Ponzi scheme that defrauded investors of more than $7bn (£4.5bn).

The scheme was described as one of the largest in US history.

In court, Stanford denied any guilt, telling the judge at his sentencing hearing: "I did not defraud anybody."
I'm shocked that refusing to acknowledge guilt at his sentencing didn't work.

D

Deleted member 17573

Why do these silly yanks insist on even sillier OTT sentences - in case we find a cure for old age?