• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Sky News is excellent... but only at night

seabhcan

Just watching Sky News at 4am. They have intelligent and interesting pieces on Spanish protests, a review of African and asian newspaper headlines, and generally a high-brow tone without the tabloid stuff that usually characterises them.

I've noticed this before. At around 7am they switch styles to become "The Sun"-TV. Even when they cover the same stories at night as during the day, the night time version contains more journalism and less hype.

Why is it like this? Are they in competition with Al Jazeera at night? Or do the producers know Murdoch is asleep and so they can quietly keep their real journalism for the night?

Anyway, I'd love to be able to get the night-time Sky News in a 24 hour version.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
How long before the 24 hr news-culture reaches Ireland?

blanket

using livestation - streams sky, al jazeera, euronews, cnn, france24 etc to your desktop/device. Also worldwide talk radio.

Wascurito

I'm watching Sky News at the moment. There's a massive row going on off-screen.

Shouting and roaring and the female presenter is trying to be as admirably unflapped as possible.

seanof

I'm watching Sky News at the moment. There's a massive row going on off-screen.

Shouting and roaring and the female presenter is trying to be as admirably unflapped as possible.
Think that was about cancelled police press conference on Gaia Pope Case.

Dorset police have announced now they've found a woman's body near Swanage.

Wascurito

Think that was about cancelled police press conference on Gaia Pope Case.

Dorset police have announced now they've found a woman's body near Swanage.
Really? Why would that cause a commotion in the studio?

Someone on Twitter suggested that Scotland nearly got a last minute try against NZ and - possibly - a few Caledonian rugby fans working for Sky might have let the occasion get to them.