Sky the worst ever company to try and get out of

max99

I spent almost a full hour on the phone today, trying to cancel my SKY subscription,
by direct debit... after speaking with two staff... They still wouldn't cancel my subscription.. My contract is up with them. Have been a customer for approximately 14 yrs.. Does anyone have a simple e mail address, that I can write to, without having to set up an account on line etc ??? These shower are an absolute nightmare to deal with .... :roll:

max99

Sky ! The worst ever company to try and get out of contract with...........

I spent almost a full hour on the phone today, trying to cancel my SKY subscription,
by direct debit... after speaking with two staff... They still wouldn't cancel my subscription.. My contract is up with them. Have been a customer for approximately 14 yrs.. Does anyone have a simple e mail address, that I can write to, without having to set up an account on line etc ??? These shower are an absolute nightmare to deal with .... :roll:

tigerben

Cancel your direct debit and send a email or letter to say that and keep a copy.

max99

Cancel your direct debit and send a email or letter to say that and keep a copy.
Cheers for that... I tried doing that online, but they wanted the sky mandate number etc..
Will go into bank tomorrow, & do it in person.. Have never dealt with such an unprofessional & thankless company...

chewns

I set up Sky 2 years ago, in those 2 years they haven't billed me or taken anything from the direct debit i set up.
A year ago i got generic letter saying "there has been a billing error and want me to call them to confirm my details".
It also said i will not be charged for anything up to this point (about 12 months) at this point.

I never got around to calling them, that was a year ago. Haven't heard from them since and no money taken.
Now that Virgin is available at my address i want to cancel my Sky sub, but i can't think of a way to do it without being potentially hit with a 2 year bill.

Even for free it's complete crap internet.

Se0samh

Cancelled mine at the weekend, had to listen to them reducing their charges three times until they were £26 less than the initial offer, then to their warnings about returning the Q box or facing further charges...but all was done in 30 minutes...:)

jas376

Sky is the present-day equivalent of the Hotel Calfornia.

'You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.'

Se0samh

It's deja vu all over again...:confused: :lol:

You do know you have 2 threads going on this don't you...

kalipa

tigerben

You don’t have a contract with sky as they haven’t followed up or billed you. The error is on their part. So get virgin to come in and change the internet box and what ever you need doing. Again you can request the direct debit mandate you had for sky and then a year statement of banking detail to show no payment made that would have tied you to a contract.

jas376

Sky is the media equivalent of the Hotel California.

'You can check out any time you like but you can never leave'

SideysGhost

I found O2 particularly difficult to try and escape from when I was still in Ireland. A lot of the telecom/TV/ISP companies have absolutely dreadful customer service and seem to have a competition going amongst themselves to see which of them can screw over their own customers the most. If you do get though to a human, they are almost certainly working in some outsourced sweatshop call centre on less than the minimum wage being treated like slaves. Awful industry.

ruserious

They were not Sky employees you were on the phone to, but rather Sky Rentention operators for Abtran Ltd based in Cork who get financial benefits for preventing people like you from leaving. So they have an interest in not fulfilling your wishes. Best advice would be to ring again and keep repeating "Cancel it now" until they do. Don't leave the feckers have a word in otherwise. They will offer half price for 6 months etc.

chewns

You don’t have a contract with sky as they haven’t followed up or billed you. The error is on their part. So get virgin to come in and change the internet box and what ever you need doing. Again you can request the direct debit mandate you had for sky and then a year statement of banking detail to show no payment made that would have tied you to a contract.
Very very interesting, here's what i think happened:

I called Sky, ordered broadband and since it was 2 euro cheaper per month to get the Sky tv box included, i did (Don't watch tv ever).
The broadband was activated a few days later but the Sky tv box was never sent to me.
Because they didn't send the tv box out, my "order" was never completed on the system hence i have not been charged.

Technically i have have only received half of what i ordered so that should lean things in my favor.
Are you sure they can't just hit me with a hefty backdated bill? If not i'm calling Virgin 2morrow.
Oh i have free calls on the landline too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies