Slab Murphy served with writ from Wee Willie

mutley

UTV News - Slab Murphy served with writ

Victims' Campaigner Willie Frazer has served a High Court writ at the South Armagh farm of prominent republican Thomas 'Slab' Murphy.

Mr Frazer is claiming damages for the murder of his father, a part-time UDR soldier, who was shot dead at Whitecross in August 1975.

Mr Frazer told UTV the move was part of his campaign to get justice for hundreds of victims of IRA violence.

Cato

The unspeakable in pursuit of the unpalatable...

st333ve

Willie and Murphy walk into a court...

Sounds like the start of a good joke, I wonder how it will end?

picador

Wrapped in a bin-liner on the side of a mountain, I imagine.

Still, you have it to hand it to Oor Wullie for his persistence.

Aristodemus

As the authorities have failed to deal with Murphy over the years this is an attempt to hit him where it hurts, in his wallet. Like a lot of "patriots" murphy has done very well out of partition and the troubles. At least Wille Frazer didnt pick up a gun and shoot Murphy, he used the law.

st333ve

You're talking as if Frazer is against shooting people.

Frazer stated that loyalist paramilitaries were a necessary during The Troubles and that he had "a lot of time for Billy Wright".

Frazer has defended security force collusion with loyalist paramilitaries. "He applied for a weapon for his personal protection and was turned down in 2003 because, according to police, of "reliable intelligence" that he "associated with loyalist terrorist organisations"

At a protest against the release of republican prisoners under the Good Friday Agreement, Frazer stated that loyalist prisoners "should never have been locked up in the first place".

Frazer is not some victims hero, he supports loyalist and British murderers which completely degrades all his arguments against other murderers.

SevenStars

Perhaps the greatest tragedy in this whole sequence of events is that Willie's Da wasn't clipped prior to Willie's conception.
Come on....Willie Frazer is like South Park. You feel gulity watching his rants but you cant help LOL.

Am I getting this right? A man called Slab Murphy killed the father of a man called Frazier. The son is suing Mr. Murphy for killing his father. This has provoked an outburst of hilarity amongst some posters. Why? What is funny about murder?

jdaly

Am I getting this right? A man called Slab Murphy killed the father of a man called Frazier. The son is suing Mr. Murphy for killing his father. This has provoked an outburst of hilarity amongst some posters. Why? What is funny about murder?
Lazarus, to see the joke you'd need to know a bit more about the extended family of the 'claimant' and the history of that extended family. think pot and kettle and a dark colour and also remember that it's highly unlikely murphy actually killed willie's da. Willie wants money.Murphy wants to keep his money.

jdaly

Two lawyers begin salivating;
Outside two dogs fight over a bone;
In a nearby cemetery two mothers kneel at gravesides,
One at the victim of Loyalists and one at the victims of republicans.
Willie wants money, Murphy wants more money than he already has.
The dogs outside agree over the bone.

Two lawyers begin salivating;
Outside two dogs fight over a bone;
In a nearby cemetery two mothers kneel at gravesides,
One at the victim of Loyalists and one at the victims of republicans.
Willie wants money, Murphy wants more money than he already has.
The dogs outside agree over the bone.
Thanks jdaly. I understand, I think. I will have to brush up on Nth. Irish politics as I have spent too much time looking at foreign horrors rather than home-grown ones. Is it the same as OJ being found innocent in a criminal court but guilty in a civil court? I thought that was a pecularily American practice.

How do you put a price on a life?

st333ve

2 south Armagh eeits with a fondness for political terrorism are heading into court to deny stuff, point fingers and blame people.

If you dont know who Wille Frazer is then youre missing all the fun.
The man is a completely paranoid idiot - either that or he's a great comedian.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0E2eJHzMIY&feature=related"]YouTube- Willie Frazer attacked by Republicans![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH2w5tP5nXI"]YouTube- Willie frazer's APC[/ame]

Boiled Oysters Malloy

This is another in a long line of publicity stunts from Frazer. Last year he claimed he foiled a kidnapping attempt by fighting off twenty men all by himself.

Could Eugene Reavey and other victims take similar writs against the families of Glenanne gang members who went on a sectarian killing spree along the border in the 70's? Don't forget the ringleader of the Glenanne gang, Robert McConnell, is held up by Frazer as an innocent victim who was only killed because of his religion.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies