"Slap in teeth" agenda for SF

death or glory

It's time to end the farce of SF's respect agenda.

Every self respecting protestant and decent Roman Catholic knew it was a farce.

From Gerry referring to prods as B'stards, he has declared equality his Trojan horse.

Now as well as the fiasco over Mceldduffpot, and the insesitivity over the IRA Kingmill sectarian massacre of 10 protestant workmen.

We now see my supposed council in Londonderry refuse to send a representative to a Royal garden party for Her majestys subjects in my constituency who were lucky enough to recieve awards on her New Years honours list.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/council-s-royal-invite-snub-slap-in-teeth-for-unionists-1-8322632

Fair enough if nationalists don't want to go but they could have the decency to have someone from the Unionist side to represent the both sections of community that got awards.

Compare that to the situation in Omagh when our decent (supposed nationalist) friends have no problem in becomming the Queen's High sheriff.
Tyrone Constitution - News - Omagh dentist appointed new High Sheriff of Tyrone

To sum it up it appears SF have a Slap in the teeth agenda to Unionists, not Respect, honesty or integrity.

GDPR

To sum it up it appears SF have a Slap in the teeth agenda to Unionists, not Respect, honesty or integrity.
The Shinners are starting to fight the DUP's fire with fire it seems. The Prods who vote for the DUP, UUP or TUV have only themselves to blame. It is time for sensible Prods to leave Ulster.

AhNowStop

From Gerry referring to prods as B'stards, he has declared equality his Trojan horse.

Now as well as the fiasco over Mceldduffpot, and the insesitivity over the IRA Kingmill sectarian massacre of 10 protestant workmen.

We now see my supposed council in Londonderry refuse to send a representative to a Royal garden party for Her majestys subjects in my constituency who were lucky enough to recieve awards on her New Years honours list.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/council-s-royal-invite-snub-slap-in-teeth-for-unionists-1-8322632

Fair enough if nationalists don't want to go but they could have the decency to have someone from the Unionist side to represent the both sections of community that got awards.

Compare that to the situation in Omagh when our decent (supposed nationalist) friends have no problem in becomming the Queen's High sheriff.

Big Gerry didnt refer to prods as B'stards ... he referred to "bigots" (like yourself :cool:) as b'stards ..... Biiiig difference ole bean, big difference..

And why are you so afraid of "equality" anyway ?

as for the rest .. piffle :roll:

hollandia

Actually, SF haven't prevented anyone from going to the garden party. The council was tied, and the chairman cast against paying for someone to go. If someone wants to go they still can. Its just not coming out of the rates.

As for Tyrone High Sherrif

Contemporary high sheriffs have few genuine responsibilities and their functions are largely representational:[21][22]

Attendance at Royal visits to the county.
Proclamation of the accession of a new sovereign.
Acting as the returning officer for parliamentary elections in county constituencies; this role is normally delegated to an acting returning officer.
Attendance at the opening ceremony when a High Court judge goes on circuit.
Historically, execution of High Court writs (although technically sheriffs may still do this, their duty to do so was effectively removed by the Courts Act 2003).
Annual appointment of undersheriffs to act as deputies.

Theoretical responsibilities include the well-being and protection of High Court judges, and attending them in court; and the maintenance of the loyalty of subjects to the Crown.[23] However, most of the high sheriff's work is delegated (for example, the local police now protect judges and courts) so that in effect the post of high sheriff is essentially ceremonial.

The high sheriff was traditionally responsible for the maintenance of law and order within the county, although most of these duties are now delegated to the police.[22] As a result of its close links with law and order the position is frequently awarded to people with an association with law enforcement (former police officers, lawyers, magistrates, judges). The high sheriff was originally allowed to kill suspects resisting arrest;[citation needed] this was still legal in the 17th century. Edward Coke noted that when the high sheriff employed constables to assist in his duties the law was also extended to them.[24]
Not entirely sure why you're getting worked up about an appointment to a ceremonial position, which is nominated by the predecessor, other than - dare I say it - he's one of themmuns.

death or glory

Big Gerry didnt refer to prods as B'stards ... he referred to "bigots" (like yourself :cool:) as b'stards ..... Biiiig difference ole bean, big difference..

And why are you so afraid of "equality" anyway ?

as for the rest .. piffle :roll:
Ahh,
but only Unionists are Bigot's and B'stards, he says, and we all know he's not a liar( ha, ha).
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/gerry-adams-criticised-for-calling-unionists-bastards-1.2014168

I'm not afraid of Equlity but when SF say they will use it to break these b'stards. That's some respect, honesty and integrity just there.

WHy could they not let a unionist representative attend the Garden party, where's the equality in that.

McSlaggart

"The original Sinn Féin motion suggested that those who wanted to attend could pay for it themselves and that they would not be officially representing the majority nationalist council."

Unionist anger after Derry mayor blocks invitation to palace - The Irish News

death or glory

Actually, SF haven't prevented anyone from going to the garden party. The council was tied, and the chairman cast against paying for someone to go. If someone wants to go they still can. Its just not coming out of the rates.

As for Tyrone High Sherrif

Not entirely sure why you're getting worked up about an appointment to a ceremonial position, which is nominated by the predecessor, other than - dare I say it - he's one of themmuns.
I am delighted that the nationalist community have no bother embracing our Britishness just like Paddy McGowan before him, that's the way it should be, equality.

death or glory

"The original Sinn Féin motion suggested that those who wanted to attend could pay for it themselves and that they would not be officially representing the majority nationalist council."

Unionist anger after Derry mayor blocks invitation to palace - The Irish News
Are you sure you don't want to throw a wee "ira" in at some point.

I'm sure you now as a proud republican also agree that no-one should represent the British constituents from a majority nationalist council. That is just abuse of power and show's no equality or respect, just as I said in my OP.

Cruimh

SF are a wonderful example of Orwell's Doublespeak.

We saw their "equality" from Conor the discriminator, Gildernew and Ruane.

John O'Dowd when in office was another fine illustration.

It hadn't occurred to them that in a Parliamentary system Ministers can be held accountable ..... which is one of the reasons they are ensuring that direct rule will continue - they can play the victim .....

vivabrigada

SF ended the farce and there's no going back to bigotsville.

McSlaggart

Are you sure you don't want to throw a wee "ira" in at some point.

I'm sure you now as a proud republican also agree that no-one should represent the British constituents from a majority nationalist council. That is just abuse of power and show's no equality or respect, just as I said in my OP.
IRA : to keep you happy.....

What are you on about no one is stopping anyone going to any event. If you want to go then pay for it yourself. I think that is how it should be for events which will have no impact on the people of the area.

death or glory

SF are a wonderful example of Orwell's Doublespeak.

We saw their "equality" from Conor the discriminator, Gildernew and Ruane.

John O'Dowd when in office was another fine illustration.

It hadn't occurred to them that in a Parliamentary system Ministers can be held accountable ..... which is one of the reasons they are ensuring that direct rule will continue - they can play the victim .....
Well said,
As i said every decent person knew their idea of equality was a farce.

Giddy up DUP direct rule.

death or glory

IRA : to keep you happy.....

What are you on about no one is stopping anyone going to any event. If you want to go then pay for it yourself. I think that is how it should be for events which will have no impact on the people of the area.
Typical of a republican,
You show no equality and no respect.

When you are invited to something, especially to acknowledge the work of some of your constituents, it is only good manners to nominate someone to attend on their behalf.

death or glory

In what way to you think that Conservative direct rule will work out good for Unionism?
Well the DUP/Tory direct rule will result in 1.5 billion extra coming our way, improving NHS waiting lists, more money for schools and infastructure.

McSlaggart

Typical of a republican,
You show no equality and no respect.

When you are invited to something, especially to acknowledge the work of some of your constituents, it is only good manners to nominate someone to attend on their behalf.
One could equally send a letter of thanks for the invite and a polite decline if no one is willing to pay for the trip themselves.

hollandia

I am delighted that the nationalist community have no bother embracing our Britishness just like Paddy McGowan before him, that's the way it should be, equality.
So, what in fact is your problem, other than "wah wah wah themmuns?"

Niall996

I don't think nationalists give a toss to be frank about your 'Britishness.' Nor do the British for that matter.

McSlaggart

Well the DUP/Tory direct rule will result in 1.5 billion extra coming our way, improving NHS waiting lists, more money for schools and infastructure.
The NHS is busted. PFI is taking all the money out that we need to treat people.

death or glory

I don't think nationalists give a toss to be frank about your 'Britishness.' Nor do the British for that matter.
Well Her Majesty was kind enough to invite a representative of her subjects over to her house for a Party.

Your lot hadn't even the decency, manners, respect, integrity or honesty to accept her gracious invitation.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies