Smoking should be banned in homes.

Dredger

Pauli

Mentalist nanny-statism gone totally doolally.

slx

It probably should be, but it would be utterly unenforcible.

While it's never been tested, I would suspect that there could possibly be grounds for someone to sue their parents or housemates for exposing them to smoke as a child / adult if they were to develop lung disease as a result.

Given that the Government accepts that passive smoking is a serious hazard in the workplace, one could assume that legally speaking, a parent or householder could be found to have a duty of care to protect others from their cigerette smoke.

It would certainly be an interesting test case.

White Horse

It probably should be, but it would be utterly unenforcible.
I agree that smoking in an enclosed space in the presence of children should be banned.

It is laughable that it is illegal to smoke in well ventillated pubs but perffectly legal to smoke in a car with children.

Mercurial

I don't know how it would be enforceable, but some distinction should probably be made between smoking in the presence of children and smoking in cars/homes in general.

vanla sighs

Yes, it should be, to an extent. I mentioned this somewhere else before and was savaged, lol. Oh the fun. Anyway, I'd see smoking around children as tantamount to child abuse or most certainly reckless endangerment. I say that as a smoker, however I wouldn't smoke around kids. If I had kids and thank god I don't (no smart ass comments, lol) I would still most likely smoke however I wouldn't do it in the same room as them. Smoking kills, no escaping that fact but as adults we have the right to make that choice, if we want to potentially knock a few years off our miserable existence that's upto us to decide - but we shouldn't have the right to decide that for children.

PrinceMax

It doesn't go far enough. It should be banned totally, along with alcohol.

CookieMonster

Why not ban people who smoke from having children?

Cassandra Syndrome

Feck it. Why not just cut the crap and implement this Orwellian dystopia that they are incrementally pushing us into, first thing tomorrow morning and be done with it?

Even in 1984 they could smoke victory cigarettes and drink victory gin, but some of the pathetic statist apologists want to ban everything.

I don't know why the elite waste their money on security and police, there are enough fanatics out there to ensure that their globalist tyranny agenda runs smoothly and bully any dissenters by name calling and emotional abusing them.

yellowfish

I gave up a while back, but when i was an addict i never smoked in the house and only in the car when alone.
Sadly i cant see a ban working but a parent that smokes in an enclosed place with their children is generaly not worthy.

beamish2010

1984 here we come...What next...burbing and snoring and picking your nose and flatulence will be banned next...

The mad mullahs are on the march...

johntrenchard

According to Dr Jewell, chief medical officer for Wales. Think of the children....

Smoking should be banned in homes and cars to protect children | Mail Online
And one reason for this problem - the banning of smoking in pubs.

There was a time, within living memory, where men only smoked in pubs and NEVER in the home. And definitely NEVER in front of their kids.

Law of unintended consequences and all that.

I hate this creeping fascism - i wish it would just fck off and leave me alone.

asset test

Just wait until they decide that drinking alcohol at home is to be banned too ....:mad: Wait - 50% tax on off sales to boost the pubs. Ha ha, don't be fooled, it could happen.

This smoking stuff is just kite flying madness. We are so punch drunk from all the other restrictions on our freedom due to the present stuff that ANYTHING not associated with banks, taxation, dole, SW, PS, incompetent governance.... is fair game to be slipped through.

Good days to break bad news.

Magror14

Just wait until they decide that drinking alcohol at home is to be banned too ....:mad: Wait - 50% tax on off sales to boost the pubs. Ha ha, don't be fooled, it could happen.

This smoking stuff is just kite flying madness. We are so punch drunk from all the other restrictions on our freedom due to the present stuff that ANYTHING not associated with banks, taxation, dole, SW, PS, incompetent governance.... is fair game to be slipped through.

Good days to break bad news.
First they should see how they should review how they are getting on with the ban on cannabis and other drugs. Doh!

Alcohol will never be banned. It is too easy to make. Mind you, though, people should not smoke around their kids.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies