Snap Election possible

Emily Davison

sadmal

PBP voter

Unlikely.

The three EU puppets have to get the murder of the unborn legislation on the statue books.
No election till 2019 at the earliest.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I doubt Sinn Féin will do it, for the simple reason that they'd probably lose seats if they did.

They're probably the only party that wouldn't be punished for precipitating an election that the electorate doesn't want, but it just doesn't make sense for them at the moment. Unless of course, pulling the plug prevents abortion legislation from becoming law, in which case they might or might not raise the ire of some of their support.

I suspect this government will end up running almost its full term, or will at least continue while the wind remains fair for Leo.

fergal1790

Unlikely.

The three EU puppets have to get the murder of the unborn legislation on the statue books.

I suspect that FG and Leo do not want the abortion leglislation to pass through so quickly and will end up delaying it again and again till the very end of his term, he has already accepted that the report on the CervicalCheck Crowd of Clowns not be fully released until a later date sometime possibly later in the year or in a few years, throw a few Euro at the dead and dying to shut them up, he will probably come out with some nonsense about not prosecuting any woman who takes an abortion pill until the legislation gets passed.

KICK THE CAN A LITTLE FARTHER DOWN THE ROAD!

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I suspect that FG and Leo do not want the abortion leglislation to pass through so quickly and will end up delaying it again and again till the very end of his term, he has already accepted that the report on the CervicalCheck Crowd of Clowns not be fully released until a later date sometime possibly later in the year or in a few years, throw a few Euro at the dead and dying to shut them up, he will probably come out with some nonsense about not prosecuting any woman who takes an abortion pill until the legislation gets passed.

KICK THE CAN A LITTLE FARTHER DOWN THE ROAD!
Why on earth would he want to do that?

Disillusioned democrat

Varadkar's "go to" move - and 50% of his repertoire - when democratically elected officials wants one of Team Leo to be held to account is to thrown the toys out and threated an election. That's very negative politics and certainly not prioritizing the best outcomes for the citizens.

hollandia

The blame for an election would land full square on their lap. There's not a chance in hell they'll want to pull the plug.
Yes it would. That said, the salient point here is that FF cannot do it alone, they need at least to have the shinners onside. And we've seen that shot down at least once before. SF could be angling to replace FF in the C&S deal.

Emily Davison

Is it not remotely possible that Leo wants an election?

CookieMonster

Unlikely.

Must you be so tiresome?

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Imagine if they called an election....and no one came.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies