Snowflake

GDPR

This new buzzword gets on my nerves, perhaps I am one. Anyhow, snowflake can be described as an overly sensitive whiny person who makes a scene when he/she doesn't get his/her way and blames everyone but his/herself. Generation snowflake are the group of young people today or millennials that have the insane belief they have the right to not be offended by any of the beliefs/viewpoints of the other 7.1 billion people of this planet. When these fragile/infantile people are offended, most likely they will react in someway like a toddler (cry, scream, act hysterical, etc).
Special snowflake can be defined as a person who believes they are different and unique from everyone else because of something there are or do. Indeed Trump has called it an overly sensitive person that doesn't take criticism well.

Now while the use or abuse of the word may be all the rage on social media and creeping into mainstream media but I have to say for me it reflects the declining level of discourse with insults being exchanged being presented as informed debate and each party stubbornly clinging to the belief that it is their opponent and not them that is in fact the snowflake, either way it appears to be utterly juvenile, downright off-putting and above all, boring. It can be argued with some considerable merit that this snowflakism has been prevalent on p.ie for years and years but we just didn't know it. I have filed this under the political humour forum, but I think we should have a poll on the matter. Should politics.ie be re-named to snowflake.ie:confused:

Please note that I have relied on Urban Dictionary, February 3: cash me outside howbow dah for definitions of snowflake

max99

Next we'll have a thread on that horrendous word Bespoke

Next person that uses that word in my company ,, , will get an earful of bespoke profanities! :roll:

ger12

Bit of snowflake OP Ted.

Your feelings do of course matter. Maybe a group could be established to allow posters talk about their feelings?

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Ger ;)

P.S
On reflection, I agree the level of discourse is going down, because the snowflakes are behaving in such an immature manner. The inability to cope is a worry, while the outpouring of feelings is encouraging. Balancing the force has never been this hard.

between the bridges

Bunch of mexicantflakes...

O

Oscurito

Some dimwits here think that mindlessly learning off the alt-Right dictionary is a substitute for political analysis and thinking for themselves.

between the bridges

Some dimwits here think that mindlessly learning off the alt-Right dictionary is a substitute for political analysis and thinking for themselves.
Pffft, ye big snowflake ye...

GDPR

This is all very good as invaluable contributions to this little social experiment. I am THE snowflake, release the inner angst and proceed to rant to your hearts content, you will feel better my precious snowflakes.

Ellen Ripley

This is all very good as invaluable contributions to this little social experiment. I am THE snowflake, release the inner angst and proceed to rant to your hearts content, you will feel better my precious snowflakes.
That post says more about you than it does about us, Ted.

(Grrr...I hate that one-- so overused; meaningless and condescending at the same time.)

GDPR

That post says more about you than it does about us, Ted.

(Grrr...I hate that one-- so overused; meaningless and condescending at the same time.)
I am merely challening my inner snowflake and I feel empowered as a result, it is rapaciously liberating and one is able again for the choppy seas of p.ie. Indeed I am considering changing my sig to reflect this reborn creature that has emerged. It's either that or after a long hard week I've reached a point where I couldn't give a fiddlers fart. Please note that no mind altering drugs were used for this thread.

gatsbygirl20

This new buzzword gets on my nerves, perhaps I am one. Anyhow, snowflake can be described as an overly sensitive whiny person who makes a scene when he/she doesn't get his/her way and blames everyone but his/herself. Generation snowflake are the group of young people today or millennials that have the insane belief they have the right to not be offended by any of the beliefs/viewpoints of the other 7.1 billion people of this planet. When these fragile/infantile people are offended, most likely they will react in someway like a toddler (cry, scream, act hysterical, etc).
Special snowflake can be defined as a person who believes they are different and unique from everyone else because of something there are or do. Indeed Trump has called it an overly sensitive person that doesn't take criticism well.

Now while the use or abuse of the word may be all the rage on social media and creeping into mainstream media but I have to say for me it reflects the declining level of discourse with insults being exchanged being presented as informed debate and each party stubbornly clinging to the belief that it is their opponent and not them that is in fact the snowflake, either way it appears to be utterly juvenile, downright off-putting and above all, boring. It can be argued with some considerable merit that this snowflakism has been prevalent on p.ie for years and years but we just didn't know it. I have filed this under the political humour forum, but I think we should have a poll on the matter. Should politics.ie be re-named to snowflake.ie:confused:

Please note that I have relied on Urban Dictionary, February 3: cash me outside howbow dah for definitions of snowflake

We love you Ted and feel your pain.

"Snowflake" is just another insult--like "scumbag"

It annoys me, but not quite as much as the following:

Butt-Hurt---to mean 'offended'

Concerning--mistakenly used for "worrying"--as in "the unemployment figures are very concerning"

Double Down---"Trump doubled down on his original statement"--Kellyanne Conway is responsible for this

ticketyboo

Misogyny has to be the worst latest buzz word. None of the anti Trump clowns would even have used the word before some moron decided to use it and went from there
You're probably right.....the one I detest is libtard and the same applies....morons with diminished capacity or imagination of their own adopt and parrot the ramblings of other morons....
If somebody used the word libtard in NORMAL conversation down the pub it is entirely right and reasonable that they get punched in the face.....

between the bridges

You're probably right.....the one I detest is libtard and the same applies....morons with diminished capacity or imagination of their own adopt and parrot the ramblings of other morons....
If somebody used the word libtard in NORMAL conversation down the pub it is entirely right and reasonable that they get punched in the face.....
Shinnerflake...

GDPR

I couldn't agree more with this post. The adjective 'utter imbecile' applies to those posters who frequently use it.

GDPR

We love you Ted and feel your pain.

"Snowflake" is just another insult--like "scumbag"

It annoys me, but not quite as much as the following:

Butt-Hurt---to mean 'offended'

Concerning--mistakenly used for "worrying"--as in "the unemployment figures are very concerning"

Double Down---"Trump doubled down on his original statement"--Kellyanne Conway is responsible for this
This is very good, let it all out.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies