So Call Our New Prostitution Law?

Apple in Eden

Should we really be taking advice on this issue from Sweden, which has the highest per capita incidence of rape in the EU according to the Daphne II report, which was funded by the EU? Irish progressive commentators have a Utopian delusion about Sweden as a model for society.
Dystopian delusion more like it. This country is turning gradually into a veritable S@@t hole. There is a large and growing number of NGO's (i.e. organisations run on state and EU funds) which pander to the needs and requirements of social control and interference which in turn spawns an avalanche of career activists.

Leandrai

Sorry, UK Sex Work Protesters, There's No Such Thing as a 'Pimp Lobby'

Internet campaigners want the world to realize the UK sex industry is run by a clandestine "pimp lobby", hellbent on trafficking women for prostitution. Actual sex workers want them to realise their claims are complete bullshit.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/nnqx48/the-pimp-lobby-292

From 2015 but if you have not already, It is worth reading
There IS SO a "pimp Lobby"
Justine Reilly | Space International
Puppet Show | The Honest Courtesan
Woman is fined £11,500 for running brothels in Dublin

Leandrai

Dystopian delusion more like it. This country is turning gradually into a veritable S@@t hole. There is a large and growing number of NGO's (i.e. organisations run on state and EU funds) which pander to the needs and requirements of social control and interference which in turn spawns an avalanche of career activists.
That is an horrific truth...they are unelected to office, self appointed, rather than trained, to expertise and in control of everything. Like an alternative privately owned civil service.

Technically I am a "vulnerable adult" in several different ways and it is as if there are two different worlds:
  • One for other people where there is every kind of help you could imagine available to me for the price of a phone call.
  • The real world where all I am surrounded by are knives for my back where I would want to be off my head to trust anyone to water my pots plants without constant supervision.
Trouble is, I really did need help and support all along...I just learned the hard way that I had better do without young, or I seriously do not think I would still be here (and I only just realised that but I think it is true). It isn't a life - but who told me I'd ever get one of those? It is just that knowing that the life I will never have has been funded several times over and junketed away makes me furious...

Then I have to try not to think about the others who did not manage to do without as well as I have.

Last edited:

Leandrai

I nicked your post and quoted it to avoid waffling on forever, twice...hope you don't mind, but in the course of trying to find Ruhama's original address (could drive to the place still but could not remember) I came across some more interesting information about Kilmacud House where their first offices were, see links. It was, for some time, the FOUNDATION HOUSE of the convent/laundry that was found to have 20 extra bodies in the cemetery in 1993 and finally exposed the Magdalene Laundries :
Fair Warning: Please Read | My MythBuster

Article linked is laundry denial but, perhaps as a result, it documents the roles of various buildings including Kilmacud and Ruhama's second home at All Hallows, Drumcondra

Last edited:
Could I ask could people read and sign and share if possible, In order to sign you need email, name and u.k postal code

https://makeallwomensafe.org/

There Seems to be a push right now in the U.K by abolitionist groups like and including SPACE International who recently had a very one-sided event in London, They seem well funded, Using similar p.r, advertising templates, Lots of pulling stats from thin air and Conflation. The Art of Manipulation.

Could I ask could people read and sign and share if possible, In order to sign you need email, name and u.k postal code

https://makeallwomensafe.org/

There Seems to be a push right now in the U.K by abolitionist pro-Swedish model groups like and including SPACE International, who recently had a very one-sided event in London, They seem well funded, Using similar p.r, advertising templates, Lots of pulling stats from thin air and Conflation. The Art of Manipulation.

Dame_Enda

The GMB union in Scotland has set up a sex workers union. Irish unions should follow suit. The issue needs to be decriminalised so that sex workers can improve working conditions and report abusive clients. The fear of being prosecuted is deterring sex workers from reporting assaults by clients, as evidenced by the rising incidence of assaults on sex workers since the new law came in.

Scotland gets first sex workers' union

Leandrai

The GMB union in Scotland has set up a sex workers union. Irish unions should follow suit. The issue needs to be decriminalised so that sex workers can improve working conditions and report abusive clients. The fear of being prosecuted is deterring sex workers from reporting assaults by clients, as evidenced by the rising incidence of assaults on sex workers since the new law came in.

Scotland gets first sex workers' union
Something huge people never think of is that it is effectively impossible for sex workers to have elected or mandated representation as long as they are outside the law, currently they get represented by whoever can grab the reins and can afford to stay there...this is what Ruhama claimed to do for more than 20 years - represent sex workers, while lobbying for the opposite of everything sex workers actually wanted and needed. SWAI and Uglymugs form a tight, exclusionist clique, at present they are saying most of the right things, most of the time but that isn't enough. ALL sex workers need to know and feel that they have a say in the way they are represented.

Without decriminalization and a proper representative Union you have a huge block of genuinely voiceless sex workers. Which leaves itself wide open to one side insisting that all voiceless sex workers dream about having their income destroyed and their lives made impossible and the other side pleading for sex workers to have the rights and freedom to advertise on a specific web site.

I think that if sex workers had a real voice and genuine representation it would shake a lot of things up. I see it is starting to happen, sex workers have finally stopped internalising stigma and recognising they have the same right to fighting back against abolitionism that the UK miners had to fight against poor wages and condition...and for exactly the same reasons, and that is happening globally, and starting to make the abolitionists look like the self serving weirdos they really are.

Golah veNekhar

The Zionist colonial project is a huge consumer when it comes to the "adult entertainment industry", it was running completely out of control so the State had to step in in 2018. Let me let you into a little secret Yemeni Jews before Zionist conned most of them into leaving their homeland with wild promises only to carry out sadistic medical experiments on thousands of their children, steal thousands of other of their children and do everything to destroy their culture and Religion in the name of Western "progress" believed that prostitution and homosexuality were things that existed in Biblical times. Now you will find that it is after dirt poor Eastern European immigrants the main group of women and girls being exploited in the Zionist "adult entertainment industry" are Mizhari Jewish women and girls, particularly those from the Yemen. Uzi Meshulam Chai!