So Call Our New Prostitution Law?

Leandrai

The EU should look into whether the Swedish model violates the Single Market, by restricting interstate trade in a service.
You realise the vultures fight so hard against the term "sex work" because if it were ever enshrined in legislation it would open the way to a constitutional challenge?

Dame_Enda

Unlike Irish feminists, Romanian feminists are supporting a new sex workers rights group in Romania. There's nothing pro-woman about the government locking them up like in the Magdalene launderies.

Dame_Enda

New Garda raids this time on house in Kildare. 2 foreign nationals arrested. Looks to me like it could be another example of how the law criminalises sex workers who work in groups indoors. If that is what is happening again (and we don't know but its becoming a pattern after the recent case of the woman jailed for 9 months), then its the opposite to what Ruhama claimed to be looking for as 'criminalising the clients not the women'.

Leandrai

New Garda raids this time on house in Kildare. 2 foreign nationals arrested. Looks to me like it could be another example of how the law criminalises sex workers who work in groups indoors. If that is what is happening again (and we don't know but its becoming a pattern after the recent case of the woman jailed for 9 months), then its the opposite to what Ruhama claimed to be looking for as 'criminalising the clients not the women'.
Just around the corner from the other place last year. I reckon someone with rank has delusions of "Witchfinder General" going on there.

Apple in Eden

I have pointed out many times that it is difficult to prosecute the purchaser outside the context of an operating brothel which is also illegal. In this respect sex workers who work in groups indoors are always likely to be targeted. Why some people are only coping on to this reality now is beyond me.

Dame_Enda

McTell

Twitter
No
So the lady in the "dwelling" wasn't complaining about being trafficked?

And was being visited by "respectable" men. And they were listening to beethoven or doing whatever in private, as in we are all entitled to privacy.

No complaints from the neighbours?

A victimless crime ...

General Urko

This lady seems to have been working independently, so these "respectable gents" were not frequentg an alleged brothel, giving lie to the misconception widely doing the rounds that the clientele of independent and thereby totally legal sex workers will not be targeted by the pigz!
So unless these lovely gentleman admitted to paying for nookie, surely the cases in this instance are vulnerable under the notion that it can't be illegal to purchase a service in a context where its fully legal to sell it!

General Urko

So the lady in the "dwelling" wasn't complaining about being trafficked?

And was being visited by "respectable" men. And they were listening to beethoven or doing whatever in private, as in we are all entitled to privacy.

No complaints from the neighbours?

A victimless crime ...
One of the other aspects of this disgusting inhumane law is that it could possibly lead to the pigz. going for easy fish in the barrel fines rather than real policing!

Dame_Enda

Green conference has passed motion from Young Greens calling for decriminalisation of prostitution. A positive and progressive policy.

General Urko

Green conference has passed motion from Young Greens calling for decriminalisation of prostitution. A positive and progressive policy.
I hope it won't be forgotten as their party grandees rush to get their paws on the mercs and perks of office when becomiing
the junior hurlers in government again. Ln k9
Yes to be welcomed. Shall common sense finally prevail?
But will they put repealing clause 4 and decriminalization into a programme for Government document?
I doubt it!

Zach Dingle

I see those with a Green agenda are trying to stop the plebs from flying now! Maybe they don't want their holiers and numerous junkets sullied by having to encounter non native peasants!
I think they will be pushing that agenda more so and other drivel than protecting sex workers' rights when they get a few more seats next time out!:mad:

Leandrai

Nine signatures to go on this...

C'mon everybody:

Leandrai

Today Ruhama decided to give the street sellers of sexual access, who cannot run fast enough to avoid them or have been chosen by their peers as tribute a BIG morale boost - by loudly implying to the world at large that they are too ugly/drug addled/charmless/unwashed/other to make the €1.07 it would cost them to buy their own tampons in Aldi..
You couldn't make it up...
They did this last November too.

General Urko

Today Ruhama decided to give the street sellers of sexual access, who cannot run fast enough to avoid them or have been chosen by their peers as tribute a BIG morale boost - by loudly implying to the world at large that they are too ugly/drug addled/charmless/unwashed/other to make the €1.07 it would cost them to buy their own tampons in Aldi..
You couldn't make it up...
They did this last November too.
Ah, bless them!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies