• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

So Farage washes he hands of it all...well not quite.

johnnypockets

So Farage has decided to stand down as UKIP leader. He says that he has achieved everything he wanted to in politics by guiding the UK to leave the EU. But of course he will still continue to attend the European Parliament. You know the one he wants the UK out of?
So he will still collect 80,000 a year for the next two years plus expenses. The mess isn't his business though. That will be up to someone else to clean up.
Who said politicians are only in it for themselves...

Farage stands down as UKIP leader - RTÉ News

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
So Farage has decided to stand down as UKIP leader. He says that he has achieved everything he wanted to in politics by guiding the UK to leave the EU. But of course he will still continue to attend the European Parliament. You know the one he wants the UK out of?
So he will still collect 80,000 a year for the next two years plus expenses. The mess isn't his business though. That will be up to someone else to clean up.
Who said politicians are only in it for themselves...

Farage stands down as UKIP leader - RTÉ News
As the hated Juncker asked the other day, what is he doing there?

statsman

As I said on another thread, exercising the prerogative of the harlot.

Who is John Galt?

If you wrote a script for a novel like this three months ago the publisher would have returned it as outlandish.

The Brits have succeeded in making real life more comical, outrageous and dangerous than the worst gothic art.

I hope the press scorch his arse long into his retirement.

mangaire2

i'm no fan of Farage,
but he's been a very effective politician, & he has realised his objective.

why does he remain an MEP ?
that easy -
so that he can gloat about Brexit,
& like the rst if them - so that he can collect his 80,000 smackers a year.

johnnypockets

i'm no fan of Farage,
but he's been a very effective politician, & he has realised his objective.

why does he remain an MEP ?
that easy -
so that he can gloat about Brexit,
& like the rst if them - so that he can collect his 80,000 smackers a year.
Do you approve of his actions?

gerhard dengler

Farage was elected as a member of the European Parliament, therefore he is entitled to remain as a member of the parliament.
Being leader of UKIP, or resigning as leader of UKIP, doesn't invalidate his being a member of the EU parliament.

Besides, it makes sense for UKIP to have a presence at the European Parliament until the UK leaves the EU.

EUrJokingMeRight

Some of the habits of our dearly departed, to the EU parliament, politicians have rubbed off on Farage it seems.

Roman Emperor

Farage reckons the Leave vote means he has achieved his life's ambition.

At the same time he says the UKIP's best days may be yet to come if “there is too much backsliding by the government"

In other words, he's not entirely sure he has achieved anything yet.

What we do know for sure is that Farage and Johnson, having played a major role in creating the mess, are now slithering back into their holes lake the rats that they are and leaving it to others to clean up their mess.

A few months ago they had all the answers.....now they're washing their hand of it.

johnnypockets

Farage reckons the Leave vote means he has achieved his life's ambition.

At the same time he says the UKIP's best days may be yet to come if “there is too much backsliding by the government"

In other words, he's not entirely sure he has achieved anything yet.

What we do know for sure is that Farage and Johnson, having played a major role in creating the mess, are now slithering back into their holes lake the rats that they are and leaving it to others to clean up their mess.

A few months ago they had all the answers.....now they're washing their hand of it.
They have no answers. Of course there will always be idiots around here to cheers them on but lets be honest, they don't even understand what is going on.

mangaire2

Do you approve of his actions?
not sure what you mean by his "actions",
i'm not a Brit of course, but as an outsider looking in -
I agree with some of his policies & disagree with others.

pity that our government hasn't the same desire to achieve Irish "independence", as Farage had to achieve "British independence"

johnnypockets

not sure what you mean by his "actions",
i'm not a Brit of course, but as an outsider looking in -
I agree with some of his policies & disagree with others.

pity that our government hasn't the same desire to achieve Irish "independence", as Farage had to achieve "British independence"
What I mean by his actions is creating a huge mess and now walking away from it but still collecting the cash.

Collegebhoy

Twitter
n/a
the only resignation that really matters in all of this IMO is David Cameron's, he called the referendum, lost it, and washed his hands of it, despite pledging to invoke article 50 immediately on a Breixt win. Boris, Farage resignation are irrelevant as they have no real impact. Cameron's on the other hand has real implications but no one wants to criticize the Remoaners

benroe

Nigel Farage will go down in history as the savior of European democracy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies