So Priti Patel has resigned .. another one gone

robut

Priti Patel Just Became The Second Cabinet Minister To Resign In A Week

Priti Patel has resigned as international development secretary, becoming the second cabinet minister to depart Theresa May's government in the space of a week.

The Conservative MP resigned on Wednesday night in a meeting with the prime minister in Number 10 that followed days of revelations about undisclosed meetings she held while on holiday with senior Israeli politicians, including prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

In her resignation letter, Patel told May: "While my actions were meant with the best intentions, my actions also fell below the standards of transparency and openness that I have promoted and advocated," Patel wrote in her resignation letter.

"I offer a fulsome apology to you and to the Government for what has happened and offer my resignation."

How long can this government last ..

eoghanacht

Tessie should have had the balls and just sacked her outright!
Tess knew....https://www.thejc.com/

Ms Patel did disclose the meeting with Mr Rotem but was told by Number 10 not to include it as it would embarrass the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

In addition, the JC can reveal that although Ms Patel’s meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was not authorised in advance, the British government was made aware of it within hours.

tigerben

Is there money involved that she was left “resign” rather than being sacked . I mean in wages , pension , a few months of half pay like here when they don’t get re elected ?

Dame_Enda

Finally someone in the Tory party standing up to the Lobby.

Spirit Of Newgrange

Patel ? let me guess, she is a Hindu ? And she makes common cause with Jewish Israel ? i am really struggling to guess who is the common foe they must have envisaged ? or am i just a mad conspiracy theorist ? i wonder what the opinion of the Mayor of London would have been about the whole affair.

Dame_Enda

Patel ? let me guess, she is a Hindu ? And she makes common cause with Jewish Israel ? i am really struggling to guess who is the common foe they must have envisaged ? or am i just a mad conspiracy theorist ?
Maybe radical Islam is seen as the common enemy, given India's problems in Kashmir and with Pakistan. But I think that while radical Islam is a serious threat, that the problem is worsened by the Occupation and the propaganda value it gives to AQ, ISIS etc.

paddycomeback

I can understand what the Israelis got out of this, but I don't see what Patel gained.
Maybe you just have to expect a lack of loyalty to the adopted country from an Indian.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Tess knew....https://www.thejc.com/

Ms Patel did disclose the meeting with Mr Rotem but was told by Number 10 not to include it as it would embarrass the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

In addition, the JC can reveal that although Ms Patel’s meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was not authorised in advance, the British government was made aware of it within hours.
how is this an excuse?

blinding

Patel ? let me guess, she is a Hindu ? And she makes common cause with Jewish Israel ? i am really struggling to guess who is the common foe they must have envisaged ? or am i just a mad conspiracy theorist ? i wonder what the opinion of the Mayor of London would have been about the whole affair.
Some of us may have been thinking it , but ya know scared to say it out loud...Or ...we might be wrong .

hollandia

Losing one cabinet minister could be unfortunate. Losing two seems like carelessness...

Morgellons

She sure was Priti...

blinding

Just out of curiosity , Does Priti always look pretty pleased with herself . ?

Or maybe she just lives her life in a happy and friendly place .

The System Works

Website
www.thesystemworks.wordpress.com
Twitter
@mendingtheworld
Terrible decision. Kowtowing to the Camel Corps - aka the Foreign Office and the Arabist Deep State - only makes May look weaker

blokesbloke

I'm curious as to what she was talking to them about. What was her agenda? She says it was done with the best of intentions - what intentions?

New Threads