So that was #GE2020...so what will the next government look like?

carlovian

Its possible, she may have incredible hidden talents.
And maybe if other Labour members had her principles they wouldn’t be getting wiped out.

wombat

She had the same principles. She only found new ones when Labour wouldn't back her after she picked public fight that she couldn't win.
Obviously, she's a true Marxist

galteeman

Would Eamon Ryan be stupid enough to prop up FF / FG?

Most definitely.
We can blame the carbon taxes on the Greens.
Put Shortarse in charge of health. Sorted!
Let FF abolish the vat and levies on new houses.
We'll be sucking diesel.

galteeman

If Shorthall doesn't take the bait perhaps the new leader of the Labour party would like to join the incoming National Government.
For the good of the country like.

Round tower

Would Eamon Ryan be stupid enough to prop up FF / FG?

Most definitely.

On the News yesterday it showed Eamon Ryan driving out of the Dail, they say on FB that it was a 2.5 litre diesel, as a Green TD is that showing a good picture

Jack O Neill

Come back when you're ready to talk with the adults.
Adults ?
That very rich coming from someone who had a nervous break down the last time Fine Gael got a battering in 2016 . Perhaps you are a bit more mature and can take your losses better nowadays . You may be many things but an adult you certainly are not .

galteeman

Adults ?
That very rich coming from someone who had a nervous break down the last time Fine Gael got a battering in 2016 . Perhaps you are a bit more mature and can take your losses better nowadays . You may be many things but an adult you certainly are not .
Hbap is popping the champagne right now in celebration at the fact that a victorious FG are returning to office for the third successive time.
God save Ireland!
I would be celebrating myself tonight except I have retire now as I am one of Leo's heroes who get up early and pay for all the scroungers!

fifilawe

Coveney? Donohoe? McEntee? Legends...
In their own minds also known as Self deluded.They tried but like all Govts in power for a few(2-3+) terms the people want change.John Major's Govt was not a bad Govt but the build of "sleaze and scandal upon scandal " finished it.
Here it was a matter of incompetency and not "owning upto blatant failures" i.e Eoghan "Kofi Annan" Murphy Min. for Not House Building and Homeless and Simple Simon Harris Min. for A+E Delay and DisOrder, Virtual Hospital Waiting Lists,The lack of preparation for Winter season Flu. He will go down in History alongside Mary Harney,Michael Noonan as the Worst of the Worst.Promoted beyond his capability and mental grasp of the Ministry.

Dame_Enda

MLM giving interview now on BBC 1 NI.

Marcos the black

In their own minds also known as Self deluded.They tried but like all Govts in power for a few(2-3+) terms the people want change.John Major's Govt was not a bad Govt but the build of "sleaze and scandal upon scandal " finished it.
Here it was a matter of incompetency and not "owning upto blatant failures" i.e Eoghan "Kofi Annan" Murphy Min. for Not House Building and Homeless and Simple Simon Harris Min. for A+E Delay and DisOrder, Virtual Hospital Waiting Lists,The lack of preparation for Winter season Flu. He will go down in History alongside Mary Harney,Michael Noonan as the Worst of the Worst.Promoted beyond his capability and mental grasp of the Ministry.
If you say so.

shiel

The country was bankrupt in 2010 with a government deficit of 50 bn euro.

Today the government books are balanced.

That is not failure.

Life expectancy increased from 80 to 82 in little over a decade.

That is not health service failure.

The incompetency happened when government expenditure increased from 19bn euro in 1997 to 103bn euro in 2010.

The fact that it is now approx. 70bn euro and the books are balanced is not failure.

wombat

Hbap is popping the champagne right now in celebration at the fact that a victorious FG are returning to office for the third successive time.
God save Ireland!
I would be celebrating myself tonight except I have retire now as I am one of Leo's heroes who get up early and pay for all the scroungers!
Stop provoking them, you know that kids don't get sarcasm. :)

hiding behind a poster

They effectively are.

They only pay CGT or tax on dividends, so are designed, effectively to hoover up vast tracts of properties and lands and amass a huge value.

Most shares are then owned by off-shore companies, so - hey presto, no PAYE. For "lucky" few Irish investors canny enough to see it coming (basically every FG crony) they will be able to retire off shore on the wealth amasses without a red cent in tax....but I guess you know that.
What on earth are you talking about? You can't manage a property portfolio from abroad, so that's your PAYE argument out the window. As for CGT, they're liable exactly the same way as any other company is if they flip stuff on.
So what taxes are you suggesting they pay? I notice you're also ignoring the fact that these same companies completed abandoned developments and ghost estates when the State couldn't afford to, and got them into the housing and rental supply. Why didn't you mention that?

blinding

On the News yesterday it showed Eamon Ryan driving out of the Dail, they say on FB that it was a 2.5 litre diesel, as a Green TD is that showing a good picture
The Engine is adapted to burn Country People ! !

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies