• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

So when WILL Ireland be reunited?

Blue Sun

This is directed at mainly nationalist and republican posters, of which I am a part of... we all know Ireland will be reunited if not in the imediate future but we know it will be even via the European Union it is technically already reunited.

I am not posting a flame thread to bait unionists, I just don't see them as relevant as they cling to the past of protestant majority of which is constantly shrinking.

So without any messing about - when is your guess when Ireland is reunited? and I fully expect unionist posters to post "never" or "100 years"... so please feel free to spam :)

physicist

The Catholic majority is shrinking in the Republic, while the Protestant minority is on the up.

hiding behind a poster

This is directed at mainly nationalist and republican posters, of which I am a part of... we all know Ireland will be reunited if not in the imediate future but we know it will be even via the European Union it is technically already reunited.

I am not posting a flame thread to bait unionists, I just don't see them as relevant as they cling to the past of protestant majority of which is constantly shrinking.

So without any messing about - when is your guess when Ireland is reunited? and I fully expect unionist posters to post "never" or "100 years"... so please feel free to spam :)
You can't claim you want a united Ireland and simultaneously dismiss unionists as irrelevant.

Blue Sun

You can't claim you want a united Ireland and simultaneously dismiss unionists as irrelevant.
Unionist wants the opposite of what I want, so why should I bow down to their politics? yes they are a force as they are the majority at the moment but that is constantly fading.. at my age I will live to the age where they won't be a force... I just want what is best for my island and its people.. not for the island next door which has a heritage of bullying and invading countless peoples.

Mickeymac

10 years max.

westernyelp

Ireland will be reunited when peace reigns on the P.ie Northern Ireland forum.

hiding behind a poster

Unionist wants the opposite of what I want, so why should I bow down to their politics? yes they are a force as they are the majority at the moment but that is constantly fading.. at my age I will live to the age where they won't be a force... I just want what is best for my island and its people.. not for the island next door which has a heritage of bullying and invading countless peoples.
Its nothing to do with bowing down. There's no point in claiming you have a united Ireland if all you've achierved is replacing one disaffected minority with another. A united Ireland will only be a united Ireland if the vast majority of people buy into it - and that'll mean a lot of changes that I doubt you've even considered.

Blue Sun

Its nothing to do with bowing down. There's no point in claiming you have a united Ireland if all you've achierved is replacing one disaffected minority with another. A united Ireland will only be a united Ireland if the vast majority of people buy into it - and that'll mean a lot of changes that I doubt you've even considered.
But that minority is not a true minority when it comes to island wide wishes, you see them from an NI viewpoint.. if we had an all-island vote tomorrow then Ireland would be reunited.

hiding behind a poster

But that minority is not a true minority when it comes to island wide wishes, you see them from an NI viewpoint.. if we had an all-island vote tomorrow then Ireland would be reunited.
We're not gonna have an all-Ireland vote though, so that's irrelevant. And as I said, there's no point in having a supposedly united Ireland that a million people don't buy into.

Mickeymac

We're not gonna have an all-Ireland vote though, so that's irrelevant. And as I said, there's no point in having a supposedly united Ireland that a million people don't buy into.

Why not?..............the Irish Nation did not buy into partition, it was forced on them pal.

jdaly

Why not?..............the Irish Nation did not buy into partition, it was forced on them pal.

The 'nation' bought in voluntarily via the GFA so that for the first time ever we have partition accepted as fully legal by the people of Ireland and with the party that used to proclaim its republican credentials, now administering the British controlled part of Ireland as an underling for Westminster and an understudy to the DUP.
The Republic's claim to the six counties done away with, all Irish parties supporting British rule and British law in the 6 counties. The British establishment must be laughing into their beer as they watch the charade at Stormont while McGuinness and co splutter about being republican.
That's without even considering what we mean by a United Ireland in the first place although.

Mickeymac

The 'nation' bought in voluntarily via the GFA so that for the first time ever we have partition accepted as fully legal by the people of Ireland and with the party that used to proclaim its republican credentials, now administering the British controlled part of Ireland as an underling for Westminster and an understudy to the DUP.
The Republic's claim to the six counties done away with, all Irish parties supporting British rule and British law in the 6 counties. The British establishment must be laughing into their beer as they watch the charade at Stormont while McGuinness and co splutter about being republican.
That's without even considering what we mean by a United Ireland in the first place although.

That is typical anti SF BS...............mostly used by sectarian onionists.

Oscar Wilde

when you see Gerry Adams admit his role in the IRA, we'll be close to a united ireland