So why were the Traffic Gardai not keeping the traffic flowing today?

H

The unprofessional moustachioed leather clad "Traffic Corps" of the Gardai must have been holed up in the pub today instead of keeping the major junctions open.

Our non cordinated traffic light system coupled with pi$$ poor traffic planning always results in traffic chaos when snow hits

Having Gardai available to keep junctions clear would help but not a frigging sign of them today as I walked from Dublin city centre out to the burbs

So where were the multitude of Gardai when you need them?
Sharpening their batons to club protestors at the next budget protest?
Copper faced Jacks?
Doing their Christmas shopping?

Answers on a postcard please care of ...Politics.ie - The Irish Politics Website

hiding behind a poster

Aw, walking because they did you for speeding once too often?

Utopian Hermit Monk

Earlier this week, traffic on Dublin's North Quays was disrupted when a bus lost one of its back wheels!

Traffic delays after wheel falls off bus in Dublin city centre

The real reason I'm posting this is to quote one of the comments on the above-linked journal.ie story.

After various readers' remarks about wheely bad puns, etc., Mary Garry came up with:

Mary Garry Tue 7:08 PM #
12 178

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel…….sing along
petunia

RobertW

The number of traffic Garda has been reduced to around 800 from about 3000 under FG/Labour.

So I strongly recommend using bus lanes as thanks to FG/Labour . . .You're very unlikely to get caught.

mattmite

The unprofessional moustachioed leather clad "Traffic Corps" of the Gardai must have been holed up in the pub today instead of keeping the major junctions open.

Our non cordinated traffic light system coupled with pi$$ poor traffic planning always results in traffic chaos when snow hits

Having Gardai available to keep junctions clear would help but not a frigging sign of them today as I walked from Dublin city centre out to the burbs

So where were the multitude of Gardai when you need them?
Sharpening their batons to club protestors at the next budget protest?
Copper faced Jacks?
Doing their Christmas shopping?

Answers on a postcard please care of ...Politics.ie - The Irish Politics Website
#

as u walked..just let it go, not worth it:p

che schifo

The number of traffic Garda has been reduced to around 800 from about 3000 under FG/Labour.

So I strongly recommend using bus lanes as thanks to FG/Labour . . .You're very unlikely to get caught.
Cameras would solve that. I'd suggest a small trial in the centre of Dublin for traffic lights and bus lanes. Technology has moved on since the first attempt at speed cameras. No reason for it to cost a fortune if it's farmed out to a suitable company not owned by DoB.

venusian

Scum FG did of course make it legal for the Ministerial cars to use and abuse bus lanes. Still I suppose it might make it easier for them to be identified as they pass to enhance the publics hatred of the FG wasters!

venusian

Cameras would solve that. I'd suggest a small trial in the centre of Dublin for traffic lights and bus lanes. Technology has moved on since the first attempt at speed cameras. No reason for it to cost a fortune if it's farmed out to a suitable company not owned by DoB.
Better idea, just sack what passes for Dublin city councils joke "Traffic engineers" and bring life back to the city. It amazes me why DCC's joke "Traffic engineers" have such of a profound hatred of the old, the sick and the disabled as they do everything in their powers to keep private transport out of Dublin city centre.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The Garda Traffic Corp has become deeply corrupted and all staff of rank sergeant and above spend Saturdays covertly consorting with foetid arsė-otters

This explains the traffic problems on Saturdays.

It is not yet quite understood what benefit they get from this consortment...but it is reliably suspected to be related to Aldi's proprietary pricing strategy for tangerines

Cyp

Half Nelson

From midnight next Friday, there will be over 1,000 speed camera locations around the country.

Safety cameras only operate in areas where there is a history of speed-related collisions.
New speed enforcement zones announced - RTÉ News

This is BS.

The three cameras closest to me are in zones where I cannot recall there ever being an accident.
But I'm sure it's just coincidence that they're located in places with a big 'gotcha' factor.

freewillie

#

as u walked..just let it go, not worth it:p
You keep up the walking. Less traffic on the road for the rest of us and it helps you handle your anger management

freewillie

Roll_On

Regarding the OP was the presence of the Gardaí required at this time?

I do agree though, Dublin drivers are just too agressive to be allowed self regulate and road design is very poor, lanes disappear without warning, some lanes are very wide and mistaken for 2 lanes, some roads are too narrow to accommodate additional lanes but they paint dotted lines on them anyway. The older cycle lanes are just painted over half of a general traffic lane(what does this even mean?).

And yes cameras on Dublin Bus should be able to identify license plates of illegal car users and issue a fine automatically.

Roll_On

the old, the sick and the disabled as they do everything in their powers to keep private transport out of Dublin city centre.
What benefit is more roaring traffic and aggressive drivers to the old, sick and disabled?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies