social egg freezing,will it become a thing?

silverharp

Last time I checked there are 105 boys born for every 100 girls yet apparently there is a shortage of men even though there have been no significant wars in the last 70 years , come out come out where ever you are? so the market always comes up with a solution when they see a mark, will it become a thing (at £10K a pop) or is the journalist just shoe horning one issue into another?

Its a funny enough article to read, the lack of awareness is mind boggling

Shortage of eligible men has left women taking desperate steps to preserve their fertility, experts say

he study led by Yale University, involved interviews with 150 women undergoing egg freezing at eight clinics.

Researchers found that in more than 90 per cent of cases, the women were attempting to buy extra time because they could not find a partner to settle down with, amid a “dearth of educated men”.

Experts said the research bust the myth that “selfish career women” were choosing to out their fertility on ice in a bid to put their careers first.

They said sweeping social changes meant that many professional women now struggled to find a partner that felt like an equal match.

In recent decades, the gender balance at British universities has tipped dramatically.

In 1985, 45 per cent of UK students were female, but by 2000, 54 per cent were women.

This group, now in their late 30s, is finding it harder to find a man of equal status, fertility experts said. And the trend is set to steepen in future generations, they warned, with nearly six in ten current students female.

The research, presented at the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology conference in Geneva, was based on detailed interviews with women in the United States, and Israel. But the lead author said similar trends were likely in the UK, where women are 35 per cent more likely than men to go to university.

Prof Marcia Inhorn, Professor of Anthopolgy at Yale University, said professional women found themselves losing out in a game of “musical chairs” because there were simply too few men of the same calibre to go around.

“There is a major gap - they are literally missing men. There are not enough college graduates for them. In simple terms, this is about an oversupply of educated women,” she said.

GDPR

Last time I checked there are 105 boys born for every 100 girls yet apparently there is a shortage of men even though there have been no significant wars in the last 70 years , come out come out where ever you are? so the market always comes up with a solution when they see a mark, will it become a thing (at £10K a pop) or is the journalist just shoe horning one issue into another?

Shortage of eligible men has left women taking desperate steps to preserve their fertility, experts say
:D

Funny indeed.

Shortage of men of "equal status" eh.

Does something happen to people when they consider themselves to be "professionals" or were they always arseholes before they started turning themselves into "professionals"?

We're back to nature or nurture again, aren't we?

firefly123

they should go on that elite singles website. Their ads suggest to me they should find people equally stuck up their own arses there.

funny how it's men who have to reach unachievable standards when all we hear in the media is how difficult it is for women these days to achieve whatever definition of beauty magazines are selling them.

PBP voter

Funny indeed.

Does something happen to people when they consider themselves to be "professionals" or were they always arseholes before they started turning themselves into "professionals"?

Do you seriously expect highly educated women to bother with John-the slum dweller who is 54 and a piss artist?

Nothing wrong with ambition.

The government can't give you that.

GDPR

Do you seriously expect highly educated women to bother with John-the slum dweller who is 54 and a piss artist?
If "highly educated" equaled highly intelligent you might have some bit of a point, but like the "highly educated" ladies in question, you don't.

PBP voter

Also all these bleeding hard liberals live in morbid fear that their daughter would ever bring home a low achieving slum dweller.

PBP voter

If "highly educated" equaled highly intelligent you might have some bit of a point, but like the "highly educated" ladies in question, you don't.
Well if you can't bother to educated yourself you aren't much use to society.

PBP voter

People discriminate on many grounds.

Height
The man must have good hair
The women must be thin
They must be a certain religion

etc.

Education is one of the less racist/bigoted requirements that some look for in a partner.

silverharp

Funny indeed.

and they are supposed to be "educated" :D

silverharp

People discriminate on many grounds.

Height
The man must have good hair
The women must be thin
They must be a certain religion

etc.

Education is one of the less racist/bigoted requirements that some look for in a partner.
in fairness "education" is just code for money, its not education that doesnt attract a monetary pay off. Anyway they will have their cats for comfort :rolleyes:

storybud1

egg freezing ?
small amount of women,
still found a way to blame men for not being suitable, (that's a good one)

its a snowflake zoo,

between the bridges

Whaaaz a social egg...

Watcher2

Looks like it's all about how the women felt about eligibility and the availability thereof. No woman has ever been accused of unrealistic expectation. Knights in shining armour were always things of fiction.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Strange that it is still easier I think for a man in his late forties or early fifties to be single and unattached than it is for a woman even nowadays.

Talking to the militant wing of the family the other night and she was saying that she was glad that young women weren't getting married at the age of 23 like she did back in the 1950s- thought it was a very good thing that women were getting married later and that it was much easier than in her day for women to be single and unattached all their lives- socially, that is.

There are women out there as well who, despite their gender's hard-won independence, still want the world to deliver to them what they want and when they want it.

The law of life on that is the same for both genders. Life seldom follows your plan for it.

I'm not sure I'd want to run into a life-partner who had things planned out to the stage where you were just a piece in her personal jigsaw puzzle.

There have been a couple of occasions, possibly three, when I could easily have fallen in with someone else's life-plan and life-schedule and although upsetting at the time I'm glad I listened to my instinct and declined the opportunities offered.

My life is still my own within the constraints of having to earn a living and being employed and that is something I'd not give up easily on someone else's schedule.

Sync

This group, now in their late 30s, is finding it harder to find a man of equal status, fertility experts said. And the trend is set to steepen in future generations, they warned, with nearly six in ten current students female.
It's an interesting social conundrum.

Purely genetically: there's very little to justify the idea that a rich/successful father or mother will produce a child genetically predisposed to financial success (it likely will, but because of the advantages of coming from wealth). So if the woman's goal is purely the best breeding stock, then there's lots of ways to get that be it sperm banks or picking a partner for purely breeding purposes and then dropping them.

Conversely of course: if you're a woman aged 38 who's earning 150k a year then that's great: but you're not the breeding stock a 38 year old man on 150k is looking for. They'll be prioritising a younger model and actually: salary won't be the driver for them.

It's about your life choices, and selection and timing of relationships and childbearing is part of those life choices. If you were 33 5 years ago and are shocked now at 38 you can't find and equal stature and aged partner, then that's on you. Not a lot has changed over those 5 years socially and you've either prioritised other elements in life (work, fun being single), been unlucky in love or are unattractive. That's life.

A long term solution is addressing the contract nature of studding men and surrogate mothers, indemnifying them from responsibility for the kid and protecting the paying party from unwanted future interaction.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Never let a woman come between you and your bicycle. Wisdom in the small things.

Equinox

It's an interesting social conundrum.

Purely genetically: there's very little to justify the idea that a rich/successful father or mother will produce a child genetically predisposed to financial success (it likely will, but because of the advantages of coming from wealth). So if the woman's goal is purely the best breeding stock, then there's lots of ways to get that be it sperm banks or picking a partner for purely breeding purposes and then dropping them.

Conversely of course: if you're a woman aged 38 who's earning 150k a year then that's great: but you're not the breeding stock a 38 year old man on 150k is looking for. They'll be prioritising a younger model and actually: salary won't be the driver for them.

It's about your life choices, and selection and timing of relationships and childbearing is part of those life choices. If you were 33 5 years ago and are shocked now at 38 you can't find and equal stature and aged partner, then that's on you. Not a lot has changed over those 5 years socially and you've either prioritised other elements in life (work, fun being single), been unlucky in love or are unattractive. That's life.

A long term solution is addressing the contract nature of studding men and surrogate mothers, indemnifying them from responsibility for the kid and protecting the paying party from unwanted future interaction.
Jordan Peterson talks about such women quite a bit, aparently he treats a lot if very unhappy women in their 30's and 40's as part of his practice who are suddenly realising that there's more to life then high powered careers and that the time to do other things, especially for women, is short.

[video=youtube;NV2yvI4Id9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV2yvI4Id9Q[/video]

Spirit Of Newgrange

Shortage of men ? THAT article cracked me up. Stupid dopey Europe is importing young men from Africa by the boatload, prepare to live in a scary violent society.

Any woman still single under these circumstances needs to take a hard look in the mirror and see the real reason for her singledom. This is not 1919. The country is over supplied with men.

too many female intellectuals ? I don't see tons of female plumbers, electricians etc. And with the modern welfare state....its the best time ever to be female.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45466

Shortage of men ? THAT article cracked me up. Stupid dopey Europe is importing young men from Africa by the boatload, prepare to live in a scary violent society.

Any woman still single under these circumstances needs to take a hard look in the mirror and see the real reason for her singledom. This is not 1919. The country is over supplied with men.

too many female intellectuals ? I don't see tons of female plumbers, electricians etc. And with the modern welfare state....its the best time ever to be female.
and yet they still complain.

dizillusioned

I have to laugh at this. I am single now, have a nice lifestyle and live in a small community. I am seen as "eligible".. *laughs*

The divorced wives club and the single women of a certain age, are like flies around sheite... If I were that way inclined, not a single one of them would I have... it is like hookers searching for a rich client.... really sad IMHO.

No wonder these women have a hard time finding a suitable "sperm donor" in person..;)

New Threads

Most Replies