Social welfare fraudster jailed for 18 months

an innocent abroad

no they passing all their debt to the taxpayer and then they get paid 100.000e grand a year to work for nama. truly the laws were never made for these people!

Dr Pat

You are right to be cynical or is it sarcasm on your part? Criminals of all types should fell the full force of the law. However, the bankers might still be able to brazen it out.

Mushroom

What puzzles me is that his prosecution for offences that he committed between 2002 and 2006 and which he pleaded guilty to when he was arrested in 2006 only came to court in late 2010. A delay of that length seems ridiculous.

Cael

Cael

I'd glandy build the prisons for these guys :lol:

who's with me?
Only after you've built a scaffold for the banksters and landowners.

TonyBird

Are the civil servants really that dumb ? Surely computers and documentation make this kind of fraud impossible ? Heads should roll in some department . This is sheer incompetence.

Vote_No_on_Everything

Are the civil servants really that dumb ? Surely computers and documentation make this kind of fraud impossible ? Heads should roll in some department . This is sheer incompetence.
If only we had got this guy to deal with the banks & bond holders 2 years ago

wexfordman

Justice and sentencing in this country is a joke!! Two guys convicted if beating a stranger to death got 4 and 5 years for the offence yesterday!! And I believe one of them was on temporary release at the time the incident occurred!

Conor

Notwithstanding that this fraud was detected by a civil servant, what do you think they should have done? Computers and documentation don't stop people lying.

jimwin

There are plenty of Irish defrauding the social welfare system. What would the racists on here suggest we do with them?

Aindriu

There are plenty of Irish defrauding the social welfare system. What would the racists on here suggest we do with them?
Van Diemens Land springs to mind ;)

neutral_lurker

It doesn't make someone a racist because they believe that a person who arrives from Africa who has never paid into the social welfare system yet blatantly defrauds it and steals an EU members identity should not remain in the country.

Irish welfare fraudsters have a right to be here through birth so an alternative tougher sanction should be found for them.

Fraud is fraud irrespective of nationality - both should face tougher consequences.

I agree if the white collar criminals faced punishment it would help.

jimwin

It doesn't make someone a racist because they believe that a person who arrives from Africa who has never paid into the social welfare system yet blatantly defrauds it and steals an EU members identity should not remain in the country.

Irish welfare fraudsters have a right to be here through birth so an alternative tougher sanction should be found for them.

Fraud is fraud irrespective of nationality - both should face tougher consequences.

I agree if the white collar criminals faced punishment it would help.

eh. Yes it does

Camper Van

Haha. Racist.

Translation "Helpless little African flees 'war and tyranny', somehow comes up with 15 years of wages to pay for flights, passes through numerous safe countries on way to Ireland. Has no idea of how to scam welfare, soon finds out through friends already here, exploits system, takes a chance, knows there isn't much chance of him deported or being punished in any meaningful way, has a ball for 4 years, gets caught, gets out in 4 months, continues sponging off the state for the rest of his days."

William D

The apologists for Fraudsters always appear in large numbers in such debates . They use the racist card or similar broad brush arguements to effectively support fraud . Why can they not say that the they do not support social welfare fraud and that they want to see these people rooted out by society and dealt with harshly by the legal system rather than act as apologists for them. Then at the same time argue that we need to protect the genuinely unemployed , the genuine poor but not the scroungers and fraudsters.

I have no problem with people receiving their proper entitlements. Our Social Welfare system is a joke -- no proper ID cards, no cross referencing etc etc . There is a massive level of fraud .We need to use every means at our disposal to ensure only those properly entitled to payment receive it . I would support any lawful means to root out fraudsters and any reasonable enabling legislation if required.

Any yes I also believe that the Bankers etc should be jailed for their irresponsible actions and for somewhat longer terms than Social welfare Fraudsters .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies