Social welfare fraudster jailed for 18 months

stripey cat

This does not make sense.

200euro-ish is your average dole payment.
so 200 x 183 payments is €36,600
This leaves €33,400 euro for 42 rent allowance payments.

Am I to understand this criminal from the heart of darkness received 795euro per month In rent allowance over this time frame?
He'd be lucky to get anything like that in rent supplement.
The figures, as so often in cases like this, don't make sense.

F.U.B.A.R

He has two kids and a wife so 795 p/m is actually quite low. Could have gotten up to 1050 p/m with two kids.

Rent Supplement
ah jaysus, fair play to him! He coulda used his false ID to collect welfare in his name, and got his wife to claim for her and the kids separately, what a kind hearted little soul he is......

DeputyEdo

That you can't even see that your comments are racist and disgusting is very sad.

For the record, I have never stated that people should be allowed defraud the State. I have consistently said that persons who commit crimes should be treated equally.

How about a reasoned debate on the issue of welfare fraud. That's what the issue is here.

The racist comments from you and other posters are reprehensible and add nothing to a reasoned debate

I am waiting for comments like 'they're robbing our our women too''
No..what's sad is that you seem to think that anyone who talks about a different race is being racist.
The topic is about Social Welfare fraud, so obviously it's going to contain peoples opinions on what punishment(s) should be meted out to the fraudster.
The fact he's a foreign national is relevant because he came over here, and robbed from the hard working people (Irish and non0Irish) who pay their taxes.
He should serve whatever time he's been given, and then get deported.
He clearly knew what he was doing was wrong, so why should the tax payers of this country have to put up with him when he gets released from prison?

jimwin

Wondered when a "plenty of Irish blah blah" Dildo would show up.

Didn't take long :lol:

Wondered when the 'I'm not racist but' apologists would appear.

jimwin

No..what's sad is that you seem to think that anyone who talks about a different race is being racist.
The topic is about Social Welfare fraud, so obviously it's going to contain peoples opinions on what punishment(s) should be meted out to the fraudster.
The fact he's a foreign national is relevant because he came over here, and robbed from the hard working people (Irish and non0Irish) who pay their taxes.
He clearly knew what he was doing was wrong, so why should the tax payers of this country have to put up with him when he gets released from prison?
You say the topic is going to contain people's opinions on what punishment should be handed out? Do you listen to yourself? What the punishment should be?? We have laws in the State for dealing with people found guilty of tax and welfare fraud. Do you want a special law for Black people?

The fact that he is a foreign national is exactly why it is relevant.

What do you think should happen to foreign nationals found guilty of rape and sexual assault?

neutral_lurker

Jimwin is the new Hopiwatcher.

His replies name calling suggest he is quite young and immature and possibly he is unable to distinguish that a guest in a country who has not contributed to the system should not defraud that country of 70000 euros, not pay it back continue to get welfare payments for his whole family and expect the taxpayers who are paying for the system to welcome the guys with open arms - how is even entitled to benefits -Irish born child rule?

Camper Van

You say the topic is going to contain people's opinions on what punishment should be handed out? Do you listen to yourself? What the punishment should be?? We have laws in the State for dealing with people found guilty of tax and welfare fraud. Do you want a special law for Black people?

The fact that he is a foreign national is exactly why it is relevant.

What do you think should happen to foreign nationals found guilty of rape and sexual assault?
No special law for black people no. Just a law to disincentivise foreign criminals, or some basic common sense, something which clowns like yourself cannot possibly comprehend. People who come to this country with the sole intention of stealing and committing crime should be jailed and then deported along with their dependants. Their assets, if any, should be taken by CAB and used to pay for their deportations.

Otherwise there is no incentive not to thieve. The worst thats going to happen is a brief stint in jail and then its back to private rented accomodation paid for by the state. Cop on to yourself.

invpat

No special law for black people no. Just a law to disincentivise foreign criminals, or some basic common sense, something which clowns like yourself cannot possibly comprehend. People who come to this country with the sole intention of stealing and committing crime should be jailed and then deported along with their dependants. Their assets, if any, should be taken by CAB and used to pay for their deportations.

Otherwise there is no incentive not to thieve. The worst thats going to happen is a brief stint in jail and then its back to private rented accomodation paid for by the state. Cop on to yourself.
I think we are getting of the point of the thread which is the fact Social Welfare fraudsters go to jail but banksters and developers dont.Unfortunately if the people of Ireland thing that the political parties whom the individuals and companies in question have been bankrolling for years will push for these guys to be incarcerated then I am very sorry for them.Better to fill the jails with tv and dog license defaulters they are the real criminals in this society.

Baron von Biffo

What a foolish man he is. If you want to steal from the Irish exchequer you should steal tax. If he was caught doing that he'd have got a few quid of a fine and his name would be published in Swindlers List but he wouldn't even have a criminal record let alone done time.

kodak

Probably.Although I don't see any advocating it on this thread- is it your crime of choice?
At least with Irish criminals you are sort of expecting a light easy sentance if caught..jailing immigrants for crimes when bigger Irish criminals are roaming around in suits and big cars is wrong, if this is the courts setting out a new benchmark for fraud fair enough but I doubt if the big guys will face the full force of the law.

bob3344

jailing immigrants for crimes when bigger Irish criminals are roaming around in suits and big cars is wrong, if this is the courts setting out a new benchmark for fraud fair enough but I doubt if the big guys will face the full force of the law.
Is this what passes for logic these days ?

What next ? The argument that jailing rapists is wrong because there are murderers roaming free ?

Pathetic, dangerous nonsense.

This guy deserves everything he gets, and yes, it is relevant that he has been taken in by the Irish people & then decided to screw them.

If it is legally possible to return him to the congo, that is exactly what should happen.

jimwin

Jimwin is the new Hopiwatcher.

...........he is unable to distinguish that a guest in a country who has not contributed to the system should not defraud that country of 70000 euros, not pay it back continue to get welfare payments for his whole family ................

You might reply directly to me instead of looking for backup from the rest of the school yard bullies.

Please point out where exactly that I said he should be allowed to get away with welfare fraud? Where did I say he should not be made pay it back?

kodak

Is this what passes for logic these days ?

What next ? The argument that jailing rapists is wrong because there are murderers roaming free ?

Pathetic, dangerous nonsense.

This guy deserves everything he gets, and yes, it is relevant that he has been taken in by the Irish people & then decided to screw them.

If it is legally possible to return him to the congo, that is exactly what should happen.
no what I meant is it seems to me some Judges reserve the full force of the law for certain people and social groups if we are a republic it should apply to everyone equally foreign or Irish.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom